Author Topic: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.  (Read 33579 times)

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
Re: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
You do not understand that I do understand, I have no interest in filler.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »
You do not understand that I do understand, I have no interest in filler.
what do you have intrest in then? Not trying to be rude or anything.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 11:19:54 PM »
I think the game is fine as is personally, I think it's unreasonable and outright crazy that Jitspoe continues to develop a 15 year old game (although I appreciate it).   The fact that anyone still plays the game is amazing really, I can't think of any other 15 year old game I would want to play.  The things I personally like about DP is that if you have 5 minutes to play or 2 hours it doesn't matter your experience is the same.   Jit has a decision to make, he can do things to try to keep the current experienced players (since someone didn't like the wording core players) or bring in new players, ether way I personally understand.

None of my views are biased, I think jit should do whatever is in the best interest of his vision.  I understand that the vision that myself and the ones involved enough to post in these forums might not be in the best interest in the overall game.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 12:15:31 AM »
one giant idea, look into advertising.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
Would it be an idea to let jits go with one idea (AI vs Lvl system) and then the people who wanted the other one would just have to wait. Yeah wait maybe even a couple years wait but I think both should be implemented and no matter how much time it took it would be worth it. People should get behind the developer and really push one thing at a time, stop discussing/ arguing either way and get on with one.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
I think the way forward would be, as Mission pointed out. Whatever the choice (AI or level system), jitspoe should do what he thinks fits the vision of the game.

We have to think about AFTER that idea is implemented. The way forward would be to get new players involved in the game. Personally, I think it would be easier to get new players interested with a solid competitive scene going on. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »
one giant idea, look into advertising.
People keep saying that, but I don't think they realize how much it would cost (with traditional advertising mechanisms) to increase the player base any notable amount.  The game already gets 300-500 downloads a day.  Getting that many people to download the game via ads would probably cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.  Per day.

I think the problem lies in getting people to stick around.  Imagine the typical first time experience: jump on a speed server (since it's the one with the most players), get spawn camped for 5 minutes, and quit.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »
hmm okay, but how can i/we help get these people to stick around? i don't like seeing this game how it is. i got some ideas that should be dealt with ASAP. i know you're busy but these should be priority.

- better gun models. (i just think they're outdated)
- better textures. ( which you've worked a lot on, i think the original textures should be deleted and that HR4 pack should just be the main texture pack.) 
- set maplist. ( so the newer players play a set maplist over and over and will catch on to the gameplay and learn 10X faster) 
- in-game friends list. ( add, delete, private message. things like that would help tons.)
- maybe a in-game talking feature? so people with mics/headsets can communicate.

cant really think of anymore off the top of my head. this is my opinion of what can help keep people around.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:23 AM »
Then also add to your list, gtfo speed servers.  Yeah they're more cod like, but because you can't spawn anywhere and generally only in specific places, I'd be pretty irritated by spawn camping.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2013, 09:09:39 AM »
Imagine the typical first time experience: jump on a speed server (since it's the one with the most players), get spawn camped for 5 minutes, and quit.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10132 :P

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
Server owners should we all consider removing speed servers? Or do you think that would cause more players to quit?

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
i agree, DOWN with speed servers UP with competitive servers! i miss the 30 - 60 sec respawn.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 08:39:46 PM »
I think if XP was only awarded for playing on standard respawn time servers, players would play on the speed servers a lot less.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »
that's actually a good idea... it will make them choose, reward or no reward.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »
Speed servers are fine, it's actually more entertaining for the current population. People hate waiting. When I play other games, my first time trying it I tend to play on speed servers as opposed to real-matchlike servers. Then, if I choose I want to go competitive, I start playing more on real-match setting servers.

The problem in speed servers isn't the revive time, it's the maps themselves. As noted above, other games with speed servers get around it by either having 1 of 2 options (often combined): Spawn points scattered in numerous areas so you cant spawn camp multiple spawns from 1 point. OR, having invulnerability for 2-3s after reviving.

It's not speed servers that ruin a game, there's far bigger problems. Speed servers do provide some benefit to games. Look at most internet based things today, people want speed. They want fast. Nobody is willing to wait around. Whether it be anything online. If you're new in a regular server and keep dying, you're not learning. People don't use the spectating function. I understand the logic against speed servers, and I agreed with it before, but that's because I'm an experienced player. Regardless, it's the maps fault allowing spawnkilling, not the server settings.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2013, 06:36:13 AM »
I think if XP was only awarded for playing on standard respawn time servers, players would play on the speed servers a lot less.

+1
There is one more reason for that. People won't be able to reach levels too fast by camping and spawning (like on speeds). Levels will be more accurate to skills ;)

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2013, 01:09:39 AM »
I would agree with the ''level'' system but only when max level 999 can be reached, leveling up is EXTREMELY hard etc etc.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:41 AM »
Oh and by the way make this like;
The kills with PGP the MOST xp awarding,
The kills with autococker or automag the LESS awarding, this will make the game more and more challenging

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2013, 02:43:25 AM »
Or maybe.. Instead of the noobs getting spawncamped change the maps so the spawns are not in a spaen camping place. Then problem solved.

I would agree with the ''level'' system but only when max level 999 can be reached, leveling up is EXTREMELY hard etc etc.
or when you first get on the game you can only have a normal name. Once you get to level 100 or whatever you prestige then you are able to use symbols in your name. Prestige again you can use colors. Again you can use colour clan tags. Etc etc

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2013, 05:00:53 AM »
k lets not copy call of duty completely.