Author Topic: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.  (Read 33566 times)

satan-smurf

• PGP
Re: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
I thought that's what localstats was for

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2013, 07:16:28 PM »
localstats can be hacked by using even Notepad

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:09 PM »
real?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2013, 04:11:17 AM »
yeah, thats why i called it localstats, to do it globally/without ability to change the data, you need to do it server side in the game code, and only jits has access.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
Im not i couldnt think of another word instead of prestige. Just it will get boring if you get to 99 and you cant do excrement still. Then you can prestige and have fun once again being able to access more stuff.

There could even be like a LoL type of advantage build up points and use a special grenade or something.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2013, 08:46:32 AM »
The special grenade idea IMO would just give people at level 99 (pros) an even bigger advantage than they already have stomping newbies would be even more common.

Could be tempted instead to give people clan logos on jerseys (when that's implemented) or something that wouldn't give gameplay advantage; unless servers were to be restricted by what level you are.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2013, 04:49:11 AM »
The special grenade idea IMO would just give people at level 99 (pros) an even bigger advantage than they already have stomping newbies would be even more common.

Could be tempted instead to give people clan logos on jerseys (when that's implemented) or something that wouldn't give gameplay advantage; unless servers were to be restricted by what level you are.
Then i would suggest NO maximum level exists in this game? How about an maximum level exists but those who achieved it can only get disadvantages? An LVL 1 should have for example more advantage than a LVL 99,

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »
so basically you're leveling up to get a disadvantage? that's stupid.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »
The more this is talked about the more I start to not like it.  I had a thought just now about how much I played tf2 when it was released.  Then they started adding all this excrement to it and now I don't even recognize it as the same game.  I liked it when it was simple.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
i feel the same way, like some of the suggestions are just like what? wtf? why?

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »
If we had enoug players to allow players to face opponents of their same experience that would be great.

Also I presume there will be no disadvantages or advantages from the level system given in matches.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2013, 08:22:56 AM »
The more this is talked about the more I start to not like it.  I had a thought just now about how much I played tf2 when it was released.  Then they started adding all this excrement to it and now I don't even recognize it as the same game.  I liked it when it was simple.
I know how you feel.  I never really cared for TF2 to begin with, but with all the random crap they have in there now that gives people who have been playing longer better weapons and such, I have even less of a desire to play.

If this is limited to things that don't affect game play (adding colors to your name, customizing jerseys, and other things like that) as well as matching up people of similar skill levels, I think it would work well.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2013, 03:13:43 AM »
I know how you feel.  I never really cared for TF2 to begin with, but with all the random crap they have in there now that gives people who have been playing longer better weapons and such, I have even less of a desire to play.

If this is limited to things that don't affect game play (adding colors to your name, customizing jerseys, and other things like that) as well as matching up people of similar skill levels, I think it would work well.
Ye like custom ranknames and so on, that would make people play more for no reason :) i can't explain that but it just gives me the feeling that i want to play the game

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2013, 06:40:41 AM »
Superman will probably second me on this. But the stock weapons on tf2 are better 80% of the time. They balance the new items very well. The other 20% is only good if you can stand using a dumb gun. And it's not like it's pay to win, you get free item drops all the time.

just sayin

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
Seriously. Listen to me younger want new. Younger people are our future. They want better games. Hence why you should implement this stuff that you say is useless pieces of crap. Future is better than being stuck in the past.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »

Superman will probably second me on this. But the stock weapons on tf2 are better 80% of the time. They balance the new items very well. The other 20% is only good if you can stand using a dumb gun. And it's not like it's pay to win, you get free item drops all the time.

just sayin

Foxhound is right.  There aren't any "better" weapons in TF2.  Different weapons just allow you to change your play style. 

In competitive TF2 there are a few weapons that aren't allowed though.  This is up to the league admins and changes for every league:  http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Competitive_item_restrictions

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
New doesn't = better

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2013, 06:37:24 PM »
deadfroggy you just don't understand..... all your comments are ridiculous, and your ideas are just so bad.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »
deadfroggy you just don't understand..... all your comments are ridiculous, and your ideas are just so bad.
You just don't learn get to reality.

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:27 AM »
Well those are not rediculous,nor they are bad. Criticizing the ideas of someone is bad
Younger people are more imp. as they would keep the game alive. One day or other all the old players would stop playing.