Author Topic: Help bring some people back.  (Read 7087 times)

SnooD

• VM-68
Help bring some people back.
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
I'm not for the idea of spam at all but I did have an idea of maybe every few months sending some people that have registered their emails for the game a message from DP saying something like "We have missed you, why haven't you been playing lately?" type thing.

I see a lot of other companies will do it, like microsoft for xbox live, I don't know it was just an idea that ran through my head today. Maybe it'll help, maybe it won't.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Help bring some people back.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:05:02 PM »
I had the idea too, but got no reply.

What do you think about a "win back email"? Send players that haven't played for half a year an email with a special offer some informations about the last build and a "why not played"-survey link (like the uninstall survey).

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »
lol i didn't know you did, didn't mean to "take" your idea sorry :P

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »
No problem, maybe its better in an own thread.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »
I'm paranoid of sending mass emails after the dpball.com fiasco.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
People hate surveys. Mail'd be ok, but no survey. when I see word 'survey', I press alt+f4, power, reset button and I throw my pc through the window :)

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »
I'm paranoid of sending mass emails after the dpball.com fiasco.
what happened?(sorry kinda off topic)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »
what happened?(sorry kinda off topic)
Server had sending mail disabled, then one day, after a reboot or something, all of the backlogged mails (post reply notifications, registrations, etc.) kicked off at once.  The hosting company shut the server down because they thought it was a spammer.  They wouldn't let me access the data without paying some stupid amount of money, so we lost like a month's worth of forum posts, etc.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
Yeah I don't agree with the surveys, but maybe have a check box available during sign up that says something like; "Would you like us to send you monthly emails or notifications via email about dp?" I don't know, something like that...but maybe some people would play again if they were reminded of the game.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
Server had sending mail disabled, then one day, after a reboot or something, all of the backlogged mails (post reply notifications, registrations, etc.) kicked off at once.  The hosting company shut the server down because they thought it was a spammer.  They wouldn't let me access the data without paying some stupid amount of money, so we lost like a month's worth of forum posts, etc.
Lol surveys make people mad for no reason, i just close my pc when i need to fill out one :), i can suggest you something as a former experienced salesman :p,
You should make commitee members contact people over their e-mails recently who haven't played that much and make them bounded to each other, so its like 2 friends saying '' yo lets play this'' and the other's like ''sure man''

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 07:26:07 AM »
Lol surveys make people mad for no reason, i just close my pc when i need to fill out one :), i can suggest you something as a former experienced salesman :p,
You should make commitee members contact people over their e-mails recently who haven't played that much and make them bounded to each other, so its like 2 friends saying '' yo lets play this'' and the other's like ''sure man''
Wouldn't need to be committee members.  Anybody could do that (and it would be better that way, probably, since the committee doesn't know everybody).

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
I've honestly never, ever, ever been influenced at all by those kinds of emails. If I stop playing a game it's not because I forgot about its existance, it's simply because I choose not to play it.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
I've honestly never, ever, ever been influenced at all by those kinds of emails. If I stop playing a game it's not because I forgot about its existance, it's simply because I choose not to play it.
same here, but some people don't think like that. Anyway it was just a thought.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 04:44:53 AM »
Wouldn't need to be committee members.  Anybody could do that (and it would be better that way, probably, since the committee doesn't know everybody).
Then i guess you need to pick certain people in secret to do that, i mean for example commitee members are good people and as example  they are chosen to be part of your commitee, why not let them do this job as a part of the commitee? But if you think other people are up to it, yeah sure but who?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
I don't see why anybody needs to be appointed to do this.  Anybody can go through their old email/aim/xfire/skype/etc. contacts and find people they used to play with and ask them to come back to the game.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »
I don't see why anybody needs to be appointed to do this.  Anybody can go through their old email/aim/xfire/skype/etc. contacts and find people they used to play with and ask them to come back to the game.
Well idk its your community decide what you want to do with it, as this is only a suggestion :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 08:15:24 AM »
It's your community, too.  Go track down some people and bring them back. :)

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 03:09:18 AM »
It's your community, too.  Go track down some people and bring them back. :)
Yes, but what is one man against a army of gigantic men? :)

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
I've met so many people on this game it's not even funny, and I have maybe about 1 or 2 emails of players. Jitspoe, you have everyone's email lol. I've been trying to help out a bit but also no one gets on irc anymore, I've gotten newer clans to get on irc before several times and made them their clan channels etc. Was just thinking that maybe since you have everyone's email who has ever played this game, weather they still even use that email or not now is regardless. It wouldn't hurt to send out an email once a month maybe once every 2 months so it's not spam to remind people. Or encourage them to come back with something like "textures are better than before, game play has slightly changed a bit come take a look!". Just an idea.