Author Topic: Server problem and acivation problem...  (Read 1155 times)

Jaxbot

Server problem and acivation problem...
« on: July 01, 2006, 07:48:54 PM »
Ok, yeah, I know this should be in the server forum, but I didn't get my activate email, so I had to post it here  :P

I've been having trouble with my server, it's on the http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/serverlist.php but it's not in the game. Whats the problem?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Server problem and acivation problem...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:01:11 PM »
If it's on the serverlist.php, then it's in the game. You might try 'Update'ing instead of just pressing refresh.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:27:32 AM »
Your account should be activated.  As for the server.  Your own server usually won't show up on the list for yourself.  I'm not sure why this is, but it happens.  If it doesn't show up for anybody, then you probably need to configure your router and/or firewall.  There are several threads about that here, so search around if you have any trouble.

Jaxbot

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 05:56:57 AM »
Ok. Well... I'm forwarding port 27910, and when I type port into the consel of the server, thats what it says.

I tried turning my firewall off, but that didn't even work. Is it possible it might have to run for a while before it shows up?

Thanks.

Jaxbot

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 06:04:55 AM »
Oh... it doesn't usally work for myself? That would make some sense, except my friend had trouble finding it.

If anyone see's a server named B2K Server, please join it and let me know if it works.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »
It works but it's passworded, so I couldn't connect.

Jaxbot

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 07:35:46 PM »
Ok, heh heh, I mis-typed the IP address in port forwarding. And when it started working, I set it to password mode, so it could be for clan matches only.
The funny thing is... someone did log in. He/she changed the name after joining, but I think my friend scared whoever away when he joined  ::)

I am hosting a public server, though. it's called Weird Server. It's basicly the weird server LOL

Jaxbot

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 07:16:20 AM »
Oh, oops. I forgot to set the password in the .cfg file, so it reset when I restarted the server.