Author Topic: Let's start playing again.  (Read 9516 times)

SeQuAL

• VM-68
Re: Let's start playing again.
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »
Sequal, you need to work on responding in threads. You're derailing your own thread by responding, and that makes threads like these not get looked at.

#hiluckie#luckieclub#chemicalisfat
Just get carried away.
It is wasted time to talk about it. There were like 3 other thread about the "same" topic and it didnt help. As you said, people grow up and they have other things to do. pceyo
Read the topic, already was mentioned.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »
Couldn't someone organize a tournament as one of these "little steps", i mean, the nB one went well, and despite the fact that one team will turn up with veterans, win and call it eZ it would revive the scene for a couple days and let us know how many clans we are currently working with.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=25942.0 -This was 12 clans and only 3 months ago, but a prize was needed to get everyone together, so, who's got spare money and can host a tourny?

PaRaDeaD

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »
I think this is an excellent post. I would really hope that the clan scene would grow again and the only way that's going to happen, realistically, is if people simply start playing again and ask others to do the same. Obviously not everyone is going to return. But they don't have to. We've got some new players and we don't need 20 active clans to have a decent clan scene.

In response to MyeRs' first post, perhaps you fail to realize that not everyone plays games for the same reasons as you. I for one do not seek gain when I play. I'm looking for fun. DP gives me that. I also don't think competitiveness requires rage, trash talking and egos. You can be competitive and still be friendly with each other. One reason you don't find DP to be that appealing anymore might be the fact that you're at the top. Nothing's much of a challenge for you at this point. That is, however, not the case for most people.

I'm sure your intention wasn't to discourage other people from returning to DP but I think your post was a little unnecessarily negative.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »
i remember the time when What The___? was made...... everyone avoided us, besides team x.

#luckielovesme#myerswhatts3youuse#imbigboned#whatthe____?4lyfebestclaneverinNA

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
Couldn't someone organize a tournament as one of these "little steps", i mean, the nB one went well, and despite the fact that one team will turn up with veterans, win and call it eZ it would revive the scene for a couple days and let us know how many clans we are currently working with.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=25942.0 -This was 12 clans and only 3 months ago, but a prize was needed to get everyone together, so, who's got spare money and can host a tourny?
The only way a real tourney can happen is if there are clans to participate in it, which is what this post is all about. All a tourney does anymore is attract people like myers who just want to get a free prize, then they leave and never return to the game for fun again. A tourney isn't going to bring back the game to where it should be.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »
i remember the time when What The___? was made...... everyone avoided us, besides team x.

#luckielovesme#myerswhatts3youuse#imbigboned#whatthe____?4lyfebestclaneverinNA
wasnt that clan all canadian?

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »
yup, originally, myers shk and me, but we let in some others after people would refuse to play us 3 at the same time.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »
yup, originally, myers shk and me, but we let in some others after people would refuse to play us 3 at the same time.
So then; #4lyfebestclaneveCanadian?

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
Can we all keep unecessary comments and posts away from this forum from now on please? If you're going to post on it, post feedback and only remarks that have to do with the topic. Thank you.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2013, 09:27:42 PM »
well canadians are the best in this game, but the best clan was What The ___?

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
That's great, I heard you were only in it to camp for the team anyway, and were not much of a benefit. Anyway, if you would like to brag about your little online video game clan elsewhere no one is stopping you. Go make a whole forum post about it if it makes you that happy. No need to do it here. Thanks

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »
The community just doesn't have time to play games anymore, and the people who do still game have found much better alternatives to dp.

This game lasted a lot longer than any other quake 2 mod I've heard of, but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
I still think it can be reestablished.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »
I still think it can be reestablished.

A lot more would have to be done than just making a thread asking people to comeback.

Personally: I can find enjoyment in any FPS with a ranking system and competitive scene.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
1) sequal stop responding to every post, let people post there opinion. That way thread wont get off topic, and wont become 321421 pages long full of mostly useless posts.

2) Chalk comes back i come back

3) Chem I just use cb allday errday, fck ts3. forum msg me here and we can cam2cam later.

4) Ever since Myself, Shk, and Chemical have gone inactive (even though chem secretly plays daily still), we have returned to play in every tournament. And we typically play actively from the day the tournament is announced to the day of the tournament. That way we aren't rusty for the tournament. Why play after that? We haven't had a challenge other than EU teams in a long time, and other games give us the competitiveness we want. We come around for competitive events, and play enough to win them. If there were month tournaments with money, we'd certainly be around. But there's never going to have that, so people looking for competitive play will look to larger scale games.

5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KdFl4wC5Cng

PS: CHALK LETS TALK ON RC???

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »
1) sequal stop responding to every post, let people post there opinion. That way thread wont get off topic, and wont become 321421 pages long full of mostly useless posts.

2) Chalk comes back i come back

3) Chem I just use cb allday errday, fck ts3. forum msg me here and we can cam2cam later.

4) Ever since Myself, Shk, and Chemical have gone inactive (even though chem secretly plays daily still), we have returned to play in every tournament. And we typically play actively from the day the tournament is announced to the day of the tournament. That way we aren't rusty for the tournament. Why play after that? We haven't had a challenge other than EU teams in a long time, and other games give us the competitiveness we want. We come around for competitive events, and play enough to win them. If there were month tournaments with money, we'd certainly be around. But there's never going to have that, so people looking for competitive play will look to larger scale games.

5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KdFl4wC5Cng

PS: CHALK LETS TALK ON RC???
People are more than welcome to post their opinion, it's pointless and stupid comments that chemical is making that get the forum off topic. Nobody cares about what he's saying at the moment.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 12:55:47 AM »
I feel bad for MyeRs/chem/shk they have NO COMPETITION what so ever, even if they play it would be extremely boring for them, because all of them would either always win or win without even trying.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 02:23:26 AM »
if zimtstern starts playing again then i will too !!!

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 05:13:29 AM »
yea sequal you are right, but that was how long ago? i wasnt as good as i am now but whenever i play against you, i get demo requested. 

#letsmatchsequaland50-0him#showhimhowezitisforus#imauploadmyidtogettokens#anon2013#toxiicisright#iplayundernoname123
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:36:24 AM by CheMiCal »

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 05:16:54 AM »
That's fine. You can stop posting now, thanks.

#noonecaresaboutwhatyou'resaying#myersgivemesomechemragerecordings