Author Topic: trapz & rewards, released and insane!  (Read 2354 times)

medley crew 2

trapz & rewards, released and insane!
« on: July 03, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »
the map is finished, and it's crazy!There are plenty of traps, including:

wall crushers
spikes
lava pits
rising slime

and many more!

also, reward rooms, a sniper room, severall shortcuts, and playable capture the flag! the object of the map is to find which door leads to the flag and capture it etc. this map is fun with players, acebots, or even by yourself! (debug1 1) some things you have to remeber about this map:

-it is extremely glitchy before the game starts, if you fall out of the map, simply press "n" and you can get back into it

-one of the traps has a glitch where, if someone is using it currently, it teleports you outside of the map, and you will continuously fall. i have fixed this by putting a giant pool of paint below the place you will be teleported to, so you will be able to die and get back in the map.

-this map is heavily based on teleporting so make sure you dont use a teleporter directly after someone else uses it you will teleport on top of the person and you will both be stuck until one of you shoots the other, and then there will be arguing, etc. also, never stand on a teleport spawn, you will most likely be teleported on and the same thing as above will happen. note: these tele glitches will happen, so make sure you have friendly fire on, otherwise, if you get stuck with a teammate, you will be stuck there forever

- please don't camp the teleport spawn points. this ruins the fun of trying to discover the traps and rewards,when someone kills you before you can even explore it.  If you are running this map on a server, you can type "set nokill 1" and campers will no longer be able to kill players, but the downside of that is if you get stuck on a teleporter, you cant eliminate the other player.

other than that, here is the download link   :D

http://rapidshare.de/files/26993633/trapznrewardz.bsp.html

have fun!  ;)

[EDIT] a new room, the lofty lounge! it's well hidden and is only accessible by escaping various dangerous situations (1 2 3 4 traps are now escapable!)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:41:05 PM by medley crew 2 »

Smokey

• Autococker
Re: trapz & rewards, released and insane!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
k. kind of pointless but w/e

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »
I'm too frightend to play it.. for real :-\
I don't like falling out of a leaking map and that's what happend to me twice.

medley crew 2

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »
bit, it only does that in the beginning (match begins in...), or when you are observer (if someone could tell me how to fix this it would help)

Pimp

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 12:15:27 PM »
this happens with door-entities im observer mode oder like your said in the beginning. if u have doors, i think that can't be fixed, perhaps u have a look on castle1, there are also doors, but u can't fall under the ground. hmm ^^

medley crew 2

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
i made a server if u wanna test this map go on medley map server
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:00:05 AM by medley crew 2 »

Mcgver

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 04:30:11 PM »
well I went and tested out this map today and I must say it is fun, I could not for the life of me find the yellow flag, found the purple on just fine, the fake white flag was a pain in the butt, also the room that is full of water I think should kill you quicker but the is just me. Other then that I thought it was cool, not sure how it would be with say 20 people running around.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 10:19:27 PM »
I played it, and it was awful. Apart from running around, all there was to do was camp in the main room with a high power weapon and kill people right as they spawn. Over, and over, and over...

Also, afterwards I looked around the map myself and I can now cap the flag really easily. Either one. Once again, it's a map based on luck or memorization.

medley crew 2

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:50:36 AM »
Well doesnt almost every map involve memorization? there are always people who know the map better than you, and you eventually get to know the shortcuts and where not to go and stuff.

As for luck, i dont know what u have against it anyway, i think it's kinda fun when you are just playing it for the first time dont know if you are going into a trap .  >:(

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »
People who don't have the map memorized shouldn't have to just randomly guess where the flag is. Normally layouts are pretty straightforward.

medley crew 1

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
that just makes it more fun, if people knew exactly where the flag was then no one would ever fall for the traps

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 06:52:17 PM »
Right, but when people do know where the flags are, they have a huge advantage over everyone else. For example, I can capture either flag really easily, as I looked at the map for a few minutes and figured it out. That makes whatever team I'm on almost invincible, unless the opposing team has someone who has the map memorized too. In that case, it's the game just becomes a race that's mostly determined by luck.

medley crew 2

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »
well, even if you do know where the flags are, there is still a chance you will fall for a trap, because when you spawn, you have no clue which side of the room you are on.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 05:17:58 PM by medley crew 2 »

medley crew 2

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
can anyone give me feedback on the map? besides eiii?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 10:14:48 PM »
i played it and it confused the living hell outta me =] was fun for the first 30 seconds then i got spawn killed alot

medley crew 2

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »
yeah... u gotta turn off kills or else it kinda sucks