Author Topic: New Ladder System.  (Read 55749 times)

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Ladder System.
« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2013, 04:42:16 AM »
Alright guys, I've added a little ELO system to this. It definitely can be improved, but I think this will do for now.

Notes:
Beating a team with lower ELO will result in less points.
Beating a team with higher ELO will result in more points.
Eg oXz beats euR, there will be very minimal points.

So, at the moment, oXz is in the lead, with BROz in a close second.

Also, WHAT WOULD KEEP YOU GUYS INTERESTED IN THIS? I know that there is a lot of matches not being posted, it's just a matter of why? Too hard? I'm not sure :/

its not worth, you did the same some month ago and quit it after couple weeks

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2013, 04:49:53 AM »
its not worth, you did the same some month ago and quit it after couple weeks
I only gave up on it because it got so tedious entering the information. Now that I have Sequal doing that, I'm keen on keeping this going.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
I only gave up on it because it got so tedious entering the information. Now that I have Sequal doing that, I'm keen on keeping this going.

Honestly, I stopped after the entire texture thing. It was just too annoying seeing every post someone commenting on the textures. It turned the topic into a texture debate. Plus, it's way to annoying to rename screenshots before posting each time.

Yeah, I get it, you guys do more work by inputting info we should be able to do at least that. But there's no gain by posting. Mainly because of where it's posted, if it were part of Dplogin - then sure, you can promote yourself being the "top teams" to EVERYONE who visits the website. Plus, the best european team (euR) isn't even participating. So we stopped participating. And in reality, the game wont ever grow because its dated, so I don't expect this to lead to anything more than Sequal inputting info from whoever screenshots, in some google doc. Basically was fun at the start, but once school starts and stuff, I expect this to end - 1 person wont continue to input data for 1000 matches.

oNd

• Stingray
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
.oXz. 2:1 #BROz

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
Just got back from my trip. Sorry I haven't been here to keep up with the ladder but by the end of tonight everything should be updated.

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »
Well there is no need to run a Ladder System since it is runned by absolutely non-mature guy like Sequal

Remove everything which was posted by xpn here, we are not taking part in such an unfair poor league runned by the worst bundle of twigs into this game.

Learn to loose , maybe u dont have to disconnect because you would have get capped then.

hope u get cancer sequal, thats what u deserve.

User banned for this post
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:37:15 PM by jitspoe »

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2013, 06:53:09 PM »
^ This seems to be a bit of an unnecessary post can I get it removed by a mod please? Or maybe just rewritten by someone who can properly speak English please? I haven't added one unfair win or loss to anyone on this ladder. I've been following the rules that were established, stop being mad because you lost one match to us that wasn't even a match that was accounted for towards this ladder. Thank you

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
Honestly, I stopped after the entire texture thing. It was just too annoying seeing every post someone commenting on the textures. It turned the topic into a texture debate. Plus, it's way to annoying to rename screenshots before posting each time.

Yeah, I get it, you guys do more work by inputting info we should be able to do at least that. But there's no gain by posting. Mainly because of where it's posted, if it were part of Dplogin - then sure, you can promote yourself being the "top teams" to EVERYONE who visits the website. Plus, the best european team (euR) isn't even participating. So we stopped participating. And in reality, the game wont ever grow because its dated, so I don't expect this to lead to anything more than Sequal inputting info from whoever screenshots, in some google doc. Basically was fun at the start, but once school starts and stuff, I expect this to end - 1 person wont continue to input data for 1000 matches.
Just use Jitspoe's textures? It's as easy as that ;)

I agree, using a google doc is a very poor way of running a Ladder/Leader Board. It'd be great if we could have a page on dplogin but that's not going to happen until some sort of automatic stats system. It'd be great if everyone participated, but you're always going to get someone that isn't happy with it.

Well there is no need to run a Ladder System since it is runned by absolutely non-mature guy like Sequal

Remove everything which was posted by xpn here, we are not taking part in such an unfair poor league runned by the worst bundle of twigs into this game.

Learn to loose , maybe u dont have to disconnect because you would have get capped then.

hope u get cancer sequal, thats what u deserve.

It's a bit uncalled for, but I do understand where you're coming from.

I'll let Sequal still do this; but I think I'm out. If no one wants this, I may as well put my efforts back into Mapping and other activities.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
Well for one rick I never d/cd in that match to prevent a cap. 2.) even if I did d/c we still would have won considering the score was like 51 to 40. 3.) idk what this hate post is/was about I never even added the win because it wasn't an official match. I don't know how you can see where he's coming from because half of what he said was just a big flame. I've been following the rules for this ladder. I haven't had one unfair complaint about it until now, and like I said I still don't understand why beppo is flapping his gums when we never even added the match. gtfo and post about the scrim somewhere else bep, no one cares.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2013, 08:10:47 PM »
Well for one rick I never d/cd in that match to prevent a cap. 2.) even if I did d/c we still would have won considering the score was like 51 to 40. 3.) idk what this hate post is/was about I never even added the win because it wasn't an official match. I don't know how you can see where he's coming from because half of what he said was just a big flame. I've been following the rules for this ladder. I haven't had one unfair complaint about it until now, and like I said I still don't understand why beppo is flapping his gums when we never even added the match. gtfo and post about the scrim somewhere else bep, no one cares.

I meant the whole, "non-mature guy" thing. Pretty sure most of the community will agree with that, lol. Not trying to flame you or anything.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
Rick: I use Jitspoe's now, but when I was posting the stuff I realized I never bothered/cared to look at the rankings. I don't think there's enough teams to care for this. Everyone knows whos good and bad, there's no "weaker team" that cares about turning their record around to become #1 etc... it's just like, expected rankings.

Sequal: At times you can be mature, but as soon as a negative comment is made towards you it changes. You become immature. I wanted to see if you had actually changed (as you said you did), so sometimes I would talk to you normally on IRC and we'd have conversations, and sometimes I was super arrogant to see your reaction. And as expected, every time I made a comment, you'd trash talk back, and keep going with it. If you want respect, and want your ideas supported, you need to brush off stuff and not react. It's why I doubt your league's will get any attention - which is unfortunate cause you're willing to put time into it.

You've got to be respectable to get respect. AKA why I don't run anything, I just go around being super arrogant to get reactions cause I no longer care about having respect.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
I meant the whole, "non-mature guy" thing. Pretty sure most of the community will agree with that, lol. Not trying to flame you or anything.
Understood. I think I'm done as well though with trying to keep up with the ladder system. It was fun while it lasted but I just don't have the time for it like I thought I would. I will add these last posted wins and losses and then I will be done with it, at least until a better, easier system comes out. Thanks for putting all the effort that you did put into it Rick and letting me run it. I just don't want to upset people with by not updating it when I just don't have the time.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2013, 02:05:08 PM »
deja vu

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
we stomped oxz twice just now, and ballers twice yesterday, Brotherhood is #1, everyone else is trash. Nobody measures up.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
FUN WHILE IT LASTED GG /thread

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »
See ya Ladder System.