Author Topic: [Feature Request] visible actually directory and menu file in screen corner  (Read 1779 times)

Bono

• VM-68
Hello, there is possible to add function to DP2 like "cl_path 0/1" or something like that to game? If set it "1" then actually used directory and menu file will should be visible on left bottom corner of screen.

Sorry for my English :P

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
If you set "developer 1", you can see the path in the console.

Code: [Select]
FindFile: Can't find menus/default/play.txt.
FindFile: ./pball/menus/play.txt
FindFile: Can't find menus/default/play_header_include.txt.
FindFile: ./pball/menus/play_header_include.txt
FindFile: Can't find menus/default/back_include.txt.
FindFile: ./pball/menus/back_include.txt

The menu path is in build38: ../pball/menus/*cl_menu*/
build39 adds the language: ../pball/menus/*cl_menu*/*cl_language*/

The setting cl_menu is "default" until you change it, so it searches in that folder like you can see at the first line of the code above. Normally that folder and the menu file in it doesn't exist, so it falls back to the normal menu folder.

So for your menu, you can add a new folder "bono" with all of your menu files and change the cl_menu setting to "bono". It should show your menu after a menu_refresh, menu_reload or game restart.

Bono

• VM-68
Ye, all of these I know. Thanks ;) , But I need option to show menu patch like build number in-game/in-menus, not in console, because when i watch console, then menus are off.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
What, exactly, would you be using this for?  Just to figure out which menu file you actively have open?  If you have a transparent background, you can see the developer text.

Bono

• VM-68
Yep, something like this, but better, without transparent background need. (But it's still not important thing.)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Unfortunately, it would only be something useful to 1 or 2 people, so it's difficult to justify working on it.  Also, you'll probably be done with the menus by the time I get released in a build...