Author Topic: Grenade drops my fps  (Read 1513 times)

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
Grenade drops my fps
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:29 AM »
Everytime when someone throws grenade, my FPS is going from 300 to 50 or less. It's never happend to me before. I changed my drivers, but I dont have any problems in other games. Is possible that my config is set wrong?

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Grenade drops my fps
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
Everytime when someone throws grenade, my FPS is going from 300 to 50 or less. It's never happend to me before. I changed my drivers, but I dont have any problems in other games. Is possible that my config is set wrong?

I have no idea what could be causing this, it may be your config.

Any time you find some sort of issue similar to this and you think it could be your config. Just go to your config folder and rename your current config to something else ("config_b"), then start paintball2 and the tutorial will open, then you can throw nades etc to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, the problem is your config, I usually just look through my config and copy the binds, alias and some setas and make a new config from that, leaving all the other config setas behind.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Grenade drops my fps
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »
Turn off stainmaps or set gl_dynamic to 0.  Your video card probably doesn't handle uploading new lightmap textures very well.