Author Topic: |-210| New Years Cup!  (Read 36740 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: |-210| New Years Cup!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 05:20:30 AM »
Well if lazers is running it, its his choice. JMR runs it and we dont get to play on NA servers vs you guys. Not like it really matters though.
I agree, Euro's ran it on Euro servers, so shouldn't this be american's running it on american servers? :P Maybe just do the whole "Our map, your server" shiz. Though, it's up to Lazers.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 07:03:25 AM »
I will speak to JMR about letting you use sPec servers for a euro side, they are in London. I'm not sure if he will agree or not. No promises.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:03:57 AM by Mission »

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 07:49:53 AM »
-- deleted --
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 10:58:09 AM by TRION »

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »
Trion wtf...

stomper

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 08:13:05 AM »
wtf is wrong with you trion?

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 08:35:09 AM »
Jmr has gone so much selfish.....
Some tips for him...
1. Take a cup of water.
2. Now put your nose inside it.
3. Wait for 5 minutes.
4. Wow You just Died...
5. World is still like it used to be...
Conclusion:- Nobody valued your work... RIP JMR

I'm sorry you feel that way about me, it's a shame you lack reasoning behind your opinion. "JMR has gone so much selfish", not only lacks basic grammar, but also gives me no insight on what I, myself can do to change my attitude. It appears to me that you hate me, my reason behind thinking this, is due to your lack of reasoning.

I will speak to JMR about letting you use sPec servers for a euro side, they are in London. I'm not sure if he will agree or not. No promises.

I pay out for these servers monthly. I'm sure lasers will understand when I say 'sPec hosted', doesn't really add up to a '210 hosted' tournament. I have the tournament on the 21st on Dec to organize for and when Lasers said "We're taking over from spec's tournaments" I was quite offended, as sPec are still hosting tournaments, but I want to make sure the quality is at a high standard, that's why I took a few weeks break.

So now you know my reasoning why I feel uncomfortable about hosting servers for the 210 tournament, you can now understand when I say "I might host the servers", but I cannot make any promises. In a way, these tournaments are competing with each other, as they are at a similar time, my main focus will be the sPec tournament.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »
I pay out for these servers monthly. I'm sure lasers will understand when I say 'sPec hosted', doesn't really add up to a '210 hosted' tournament. I have the tournament on the 21st on Dec to organize for and when Lasers said "We're taking over from spec's tournaments" I was quite offended, as sPec are still hosting tournaments, but I want to make sure the quality is at a high standard, that's why I took a few weeks break.
Sorry if I offended you, I don't want this to be a competition.
You don't have to give us servers if you don't want to.
If you choose to continue on your tournaments, go ahead because that's fine by me. :D

And TRION, please do not post stuff like that to JMR, or to any other people.
And to all you guys, please do not make this a flaming thread.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
can we be on TS3 too?
if so plz post the prozak ts3 ip

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
- No cheating or anything that will get you banned (you and your team will be disqualified for the tournament)
Not trying to be offensive or raise PAC topic, but what kind of anticheat software you have to detect cheats? Cheating is unallowed in game generally, so why you need to put this here if you don't have anything to improve cheat detection...
Also saying "No cheating or anything" means you cannot do anything? ...
I would suggest removing this line as it doesn't say anything except you can't do anything, or you will get banned.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »
can we be on TS3 too?
Clan Prozak TS3: 70.42.74.134

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »
Clan Prozak TS3: 70.42.74.134
thanks man

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 01:20:47 PM »
Good luck  on running your tournament! Hope there will be lots of competition to see :D

noturningback

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »
Thanks Dooci. We'd love to get more teams - surely your clan could participate in this tournament?

BillBrasky

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
I have VPSes in:

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Scranton, PA
Chicago, IL
Atlanta, GA
Kansas City, MO

Let me know if I can help.

BillBrasky
IKnowBillBrasky@gmail.com

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »
can we be on TS3 too?
Quote from: LaZeRs
If you cannot come on IRC, feel free to come on TS3 on the otb server. (otb-server.de I think).
If you guys want prozak ts3, that's fine by me. Noturning and I thought about the otb one first, that's why we put that up there.

Not trying to be offensive or raise PAC topic, but what kind of anticheat software you have to detect cheats? Cheating is unallowed in game generally, so why you need to put this here
Because people can cheat in tournaments and ignore the rules. If I don't put that there, people may think they could cheat in this tourney. I don't want that, so that's why I put it there.
Also saying "No cheating or anything" means you cannot do anything? ...
I would suggest removing this line as it doesn't say anything except you can't do anything, or you will get banned.
Well, perhaps I worded that wrong, but I was intending to say things that would qualify as an advantage in the game. I guess I should reword that, because some people (like you) may not read it correctly. Sorry.

I have VPSes in:

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Scranton, PA
Chicago, IL
Atlanta, GA
Kansas City, MO

Let me know if I can help.

BillBrasky
IKnowBillBrasky@gmail.com
Thanks! I'll let you know if I need some servers from you! It's always good to have people willing to give some servers to us!

Two weeks until the tourney of the New Years Cup! Sign up now!

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 12:44:52 AM »
I got an IRC channel for you guys /join #liquid_nitrogen

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:06 AM »
Well if lazers is running it, its his choice. JMR runs it and we dont get to play on NA servers vs you guys. Not like it really matters though.

yeah, you are loosing anyway

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »
Well I can create [-210] Asia Tourney server if you want...
As asians and australians won't get horrible ping on it :)
And i hv all the maps concerned in the tourney..

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »
Again, good luck on your tourney. I just realized that this tourney is literally a COPY of the sPeC tourney. U literally chose the same maps and everything else...same times...etc. All u did was made it 3v3 instead. The tourney isn't  planned out well either. You can't just start a tournament with no logic or planning... For example, what will u do if there are an odd amount of teams? I wouldn't want to sign up for a tourney like this. The spEc clan actually spent time planning this out. They created servers and all that. This is literally a dumb tourney with no planning just trying to overcome jealousy. Once again, good luck with your tourney, but many aspects need to be fixed. It's hard to get teams of 3 in a game that's so dead. Gl fixing this tourney. All u got is your former clan mate on a team and you. I cam see why. U won't get ppl to sign up with nothing planned out.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
If there are an odd amount of teams, we would have the first two teams registered play each other, and the losing team will be out of the first tourney, but being able to have a second chance by participating in the 2nd tourney, on January 4th-5th. And then it will go on from there.

Sorry I almost copied the maps, maybe I could start a thread/poll on what maps we could use from the tourney. I kept the times the same as #sPec#'s so that way I can get as many people to be able to play, and JMR was smart making those timezones.

We are not jealous. I love the idea of tournaments. I think they're awesome. And |-210| ran a tourney once before, so why can't we do it again? JMR's tourneys brought (and are still bringing) people back to this game. And plus, this is a New Years Cup, only on two specific weekends, unlike JMR's 3v3 monthy tournaments starting on the 21st.

We are slowly planning more and more details out, like your questions. I can show you posts from the blog specifically about this tournament if you would want me too. I don't see why not. We have lots planned out, and I'm sorry if I copied JMR in any way. I just want |-210| to successfully run another tournament and be able to contribute in getting players back into this game, as to why some of them left.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It's good you are asking questions, because those questions help me in seeing what the players would want. So keep them up if you have any more.