Author Topic: |-210| New Years Cup!  (Read 36739 times)

noturningback

• PGP
Re: |-210| New Years Cup!
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 10:41:30 PM »
Comment deleted. Lazers covered it all pretty well.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
If there are an odd amount of teams, we would have the first two teams registered play each other, and the losing team will be out of the first tourney, but being able to have a second chance by participating in the 2nd tourney, on January 4th-5th. And then it will go on from there.

Sorry I almost copied the maps, maybe I could start a thread/poll on what maps we could use from the tourney. I kept the times the same as #sPec#'s so that way I can get as many people to be able to play, and JMR was smart making those timezones.

We are not jealous. I love the idea of tournaments. I think they're awesome. And |-210| ran a tourney once before, so why can't we do it again? JMR's tourneys brought (and are still bringing) people back to this game. And plus, this is a New Years Cup, only on two specific weekends, unlike JMR's 3v3 monthy tournaments starting on the 21st.

We are slowly planning more and more details out, like your questions. I can show you posts from the blog specifically about this tournament if you would want me too. I don't see why not. We have lots planned out, and I'm sorry if I copied JMR in any way. I just want |-210| to successfully run another tournament and be able to contribute in getting players back into this game, as to why some of them left.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It's good you are asking questions, because those questions help me in seeing what the players would want. So keep them up if you have any more.

Well said LaZeRs :)
The more people making an effort for this game the better. I feel quite pleased that my tournaments inspired you, keep at it man! :)

The more tournaments that occur, the better. As long as the quality is up to scratch. :-)

A few notes though lazers, a few suggestions :)
I'd alter the maplist a bit more to fit 3v3, the maplist from sPec's tournament was tailored for 2v2, thus some smaller maps aren't suitable for 3v3. For example, rallyr_b1 and
greenpark_b4 do not really fit in.

Also, the neon green background for the details section, doesn't work well, could potentially hurt eyes.

More people will gradually sign up for the cup as it gets closer to the starting date. :)
Keep up the effort!
-JMR

[P.S, Being as the tournaments are on totally different dates now, sPec servers will be available for your tournament]

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
Thanks for your suggestions, JMR! :D

I will update the website with a better color, and add some different maps.

Anyone who wants to join, you still have 9 days to sign up!

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »
Being as the tournaments are on totally different dates now, sPec servers will be available for your tournament]
you saved my butt.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2013, 09:18:59 AM »
Add the map protection_b4. It is a good map for 3v3s or 2v2s.... =)

noturningback

• PGP
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2013, 02:59:53 PM »
Well said LaZeRs :)
The more people making an effort for this game the better. I feel quite pleased that my tournaments inspired you, keep at it man! :)

The more tournaments that occur, the better. As long as the quality is up to scratch. :-)

A few notes though lazers, a few suggestions :)
I'd alter the maplist a bit more to fit 3v3, the maplist from sPec's tournament was tailored for 2v2, thus some smaller maps aren't suitable for 3v3. For example, rallyr_b1 and
greenpark_b4 do not really fit in.

Also, the neon green background for the details section, doesn't work well, could potentially hurt eyes.

More people will gradually sign up for the cup as it gets closer to the starting date. :)
Keep up the effort!
-JMR

[P.S, Being as the tournaments are on totally different dates now, sPec servers will be available for your tournament]

Thanks for the advice and kind offer, JMR. You make a very solid point about selecting maps that are better suited to 3v3. Lazers and I will discuss this further and revise the map list accordingly. We are open to suggestions, including that provided by FusSioN.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
What's the prize For winning the tourney?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
UPDATE INFORMATION

- MAPLIST UDATED

(See original post for more details)

- SERVERS UPDATED

In a match where the teams are both EU (Europe), matches will be played on: #sPec# Servers.
In a match where the teams are both NA (North American), matches will be played on: #Prozak Servers.
In a match where one team is EU and one team is NA, matches will be played on the server of the first team who registered as a team for the tourney. For example, if team 1 (team that was the first to register) was playing team 2 (team that was the second to register), and team 1 was North American while team 2 was European, team 1 would have the pick of choosing their server (NA - Prozak, or EU - sPec). This applies to all other regions of the world. So if team 1 was slovakian and team 2 was chinese, the slovakian team would get to choose the server they want to play on.
(Please, when registering, say what region dominates your team, so if you had two EU's and one NA, you would say your team is EU.)

P.S. Website has been updated: color changed from neon-green to purple, also updated maplist.

- FEATURE UPDATES

Added a Pending Players list (those who have a team but do not have enough players)
Added the ability to have one sub

**For future updates, visit this post.**
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:20:14 PM by LaZeRs »

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
What's the prize For winning the tourney?
Bragging rights
Can title yourself 2014 New Years Cup Champions
More may come

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
Team #3 Registered:

>TRR< - hTml, PenteL, TERR0R, doped (sub)

You can now have 1 sub.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
please remove .dGG|

-l4mix
-Inler
-m4tze

sub:
-aMg

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »
please remove .dGG|

-l4mix
-Inler
-m4tze

sub:
-aMg
Almost did it! I put .Z0n3> in, just with b4KeD instead of Inler/aMg. :D

Ok added.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2013, 10:09:11 AM »
Almost did it! I put .Z0n3> in, just with b4KeD instead of Inler/aMg. :D

Ok added.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »
Added a Pending Players list (those who have a team but do not have enough members)

noturningback

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
Nukeproof, Tepig, and Grizly are now a team. I've advised Tepig to make a post here just to formalise the registration and provide a fun tag.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2013, 12:20:03 AM »
Alright. That's 4 teams! The tournament can officially be played!
By the way, there are lots more people who can sign up next weekend too, so hopefully we'll have more teams then!

Anyone from now on please make a formal registration. This includes:

Your team of 3
Your clan tag (funtag or existing tag)
If you have IRC or TS3 that would be handy.

REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND'S TOURNAMENT ARE DUE FRIDAY

Pro853

• PGP
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2013, 12:24:05 AM »
Not sure if this was already asked but,
Are you going to stream it so others can watch?

-iPotato

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2013, 12:41:46 AM »
Yes possibly but we'd need someone else to do it since we are playing...

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »
I would play but the 4th and 5th ill be in Boston.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »
Team sPecial might be entering 2 teams; the A team and the B team. To determine who goes in the A team and the B team we are doing an internal 1v1 tournament, however there are only 5 active members in sPec so we are looking for a 6th.