Author Topic: Supermans Server Changes **January 30th 2014  (Read 7636 times)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Supermans Server Changes **January 30th 2014
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 07:05:07 AM »
i thought u was in english honorz

But in all seriousness, Superman's Siege is a good idea. That way you don't have to force grave onto Speed #2.

I think I will do this soon.  I will probably move one of the jump servers over to the Buffalo host and add Superman's Siege to the one in Toronto.

I will probably replace grave with nolandr on the speed 2 rotation.

I think you should have autobalance on because whenever I play it's the same thing... newbies switch to the winning team and it's super annoying

I'm a bit hesitant to use auto balance..  The problem is that it only balances the number of players.  It doesn't take score into account.  I feel like whenever I play on a server with auto balance the teams are always very uneven.  I suppose I could try it out for a while.. If people like it I could just disable it whenever I play.

thai

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »
I'm a bit hesitant to use auto balance..  The problem is that it only balances the number of players.  It doesn't take score into account.  I feel like whenever I play on a server with auto balance the teams are always very uneven.
Well it's better than having 10 players in the winning team and 2 in the other.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Well it's better than having 10 players in the winning team and 2 in the other.

Yeah I suppose so.. I usually switch to the losing team when this happens and the teams even out, at least for a few minutes until I have to switch again.  I will enable it later today and we will see how it goes.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:28 PM »
How is the stat "score" tracked?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »
How is the stat "score" tracked?

It is just a kill count.  Grabs/Caps don't mean anything on GameTracker.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
It is just a kill count.  Grabs/Caps don't mean anything on GameTracker.
Is it possible to implement caps/grabs as a stat for the software you're using, or is GameTracker not advanced enough for that? If it's possible, please implement it. If it's not possible, idk, maybe just keep it the way it is. Certain situations like these can be difficult because tracking kills only, just like ranking the in-game leaderboard based on kills, can be unhealthy for the minds of noobs. There is not enough glory in returning the flag, and just sitting in a comfortable place all day and shooting at passer-bys is a lot easier, and with this system, gives you more rewards. The result will surely be better and make gameplay experience more fun if capping is rewarded and kills is secondary to it.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »
Is it possible to implement caps/grabs as a stat for the software you're using, or is GameTracker not advanced enough for that? If it's possible, please implement it. If it's not possible, idk, maybe just keep it the way it is. Certain situations like these can be difficult because tracking kills only, just like ranking the in-game leaderboard based on kills, can be unhealthy for the minds of noobs. There is not enough glory in returning the flag, and just sitting in a comfortable place all day and shooting at passer-bys is a lot easier, and with this system, gives you more rewards. The result will surely be better and make gameplay experience more fun if capping is rewarded and kills is secondary to it.

It's not possible using gametracker.  I have used some log parser programs in the past that can generate stats,  I haven't found a really good one yet though.  sk89q created one but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.  I'm not sure if any of the ones I've used in the past actually track grabs/caps though.

This is an example of QLOG:   http://supermanspub.com/serverinfo/stats/kill_ratio.html
I could start tracking stats using it pretty easily, I wanted to test out sk89qs parser before doing all the work to implement it though.