Author Topic: Bringing the old maps back  (Read 2853 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
Bringing the old maps back
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Hi!
After Ace's idea I have started an OldTimes server with some old maps.
I want to please admins of other servers to edit the rotation of their pubs, because playing 24/7 only on wob/day/sh33/napalm/pgptrain is a bit (edit: SO MUCH) boring.
/EDIT: Some people have left this game because the rotation was the same on all the servers.
Its so boring too see the same maps on all the pubs for 1 year.
We should do something with that.
For example i have added multipath and spaint to my Pub's rotation.

Some serverbrowser screens of my OldTimes server:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:42:34 PM by hTml »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Bringing the old maps back
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »
This is a great idea.

playing 24/7 only on wob/day/sh33/napalm/pgptrain is a bit boring.
a BIT boring? biggest understatement

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »
This is a great idea.
a BIT boring? biggest understatement
ok changed to SO MUCH  ;D

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »
This is probably 99% of the reason I don't play right now. The same dumb maps over and over and over. Castle1 one of the games best maps people don't even know exists.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »
This is probably 99% of the reason I don't play right now. The same dumb maps over and over and over. Castle1 one of the games best maps people don't even know exists.
The only thing about castle1 is that it doesn't play well on speed servers due to spawnkilling.

But I agree; I've stopped playing very much anymore because of the small rotation of maps that are very quickly and very rapidly becoming boring. I've went back to mapping, hopefully to contribute maps to PB2 that are better than, say, napalm.

OK, back on topic, if this server replaces those crappy Shazam servers, you'll see me on a lot more often.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:39 AM »
Castle1 is almost perfect although it's very old. You can change the entities if it doesn't play well with many players or fast respawns. E.g. the [OTB] speed server has ents for all maps to improve gameplay, add or change spawns, add equipments and items, add jump pads that new player can grab flags without dj (I think only 1 or 2 maps), ... For castle1 it's also possible to add teamspecific trigger_hurts that the other team can't go into the spawn rooms. Or change the doors that players can't open it from outside.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
Thats awesome!

I love these entities!
To change them by .txt's is a cool thing and i didn't knew that before!

Basically i played 2 years ago active when these coolm maps had been on the servers... Hope to see them again!