Author Topic: Hi guise.  (Read 11037 times)

capo

• VM-68
Hi guise.
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjhn8MYddrQ

Watch pl0x.

It's me! ON THE BEAT female dog.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Hi guise.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:00:13 PM »
-nice beats
-good guitar sounding thing
-some of the sounds, especially the lead instruments, can get a little repetitive. I don't know how possible this is on your program, but if you can use different riffs for each measure with the same instrument, it would be rockin' awesome.
-CAPO ON THE BEAT
-ending is abrupt and sudden and not very "conclusive"
-maybe for your next song, you could write some rap verses for yourself. Or maybe you should just stick with instrument loops, it's up to you.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:05:53 AM by webhead »

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I thought about changing the riffs up for the guitar, but mehhh.

The reason why it suddenly stops is an issue with youtube, when I uploaded it.

I use to rap, but I'm not a rapper anymore, lol. I like producing, more. Eventually going to do more edm-ish beats. Use more vocals throughout and what not. My beats are intended for other users.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
capo just rap u kitty

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »
capo just rap u kitty

nou.

Only gangsters rap. Clearly, you're gangster. IMY MYERS. COME HOME BBY.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:17:22 PM »
ill rap for u bb

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 11:19:13 PM »
ill rap for u bb
<3.

BROMANCE. NOWUN UNDERSTANDS ET. <333333

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 03:58:57 AM »
Nice guitar beats capo! I hope I get same skills as you lol.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »
Only gangsters rap.
That seems to be the stereotype nowadays. In truth, you do not have to be a gangster to rap at all. In fact, you don't even have to rap about money, cars, drugs, sex, and black persons in order to rap. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ZEJWVSiEI
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:42:57 AM by BASEBALLDUDE »

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 10:15:35 AM »
I'm not a rapper.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »
Another derailed thread! Quick, write before it gets locked so I'm signed under this derail! Omnomnom.

EDIT: Hi Toxiic.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »
That seems to be the stereotype nowadays. In truth, you do not have to be a gangster to rap at all. In fact, you don't even have to rap about money, cars, drugs, sex, and black persons in order to rap. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ZEJWVSiEI

Lol, I was just kidding. I listen to different sorts of rappers, and none rap about money, drugs, etc. So I get  what you're saying. :P I just don't think I'm cut out for rapping. I'd be better off learning how to make EDM and throwing hotchick vocals over the song, and than BOOM.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 01:57:08 PM »
Feedback: Sounds way too similar to other popular songs.  I'd try coming up with a riff that's a little more original.  It also sounds very midi-like/synthisized.  Maybe do some more filtering/effects like you started to do at the end?

I'm not a rapper.
You keep using that gif. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
You keep using that gif. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I don't think what you think it means what I am thinking what it means. Meaning that you think what you think it means but what I think what you think it doesn't mean, but what you think it means is what I think it means.

Edit: Hi Payl!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:50:46 PM by Toxiic »

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »
I don't think what you think it means what I am thinking what it means. Meaning that you think what you think it means but what I think what you think it doesn't mean, but what you think it means is what I think it means.
Now that's not really funny. Jitspoe is trying to be more human-alike in community (actually having personality), and you Toxiic make him want to quit it. Payl does not approve.

On-topic now: Not enough bass/drum. Virtually none. This puts me off so much I don't care about rest.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 09:06:24 PM »
Now that's not really funny. Jitspoe is trying to be more toxic-alike in community (actually having personality), and you Toxiic make him want to join it.
Quit what? He needs to join the dark side..*Heavy breathing
Payl does not approve.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »
Feedback: Sounds way too similar to other popular songs.  I'd try coming up with a riff that's a little more original.  It also sounds very midi-like/synthisized.  Maybe do some more filtering/effects like you started to do at the end?

Thanks for the feedback.

I made this beat in like, an hour. So I can see some of the simplicity it has. Every synth believe it or not, has a filter on it. Even the guitar. You're right about the riff though.
I made it, and don't even like it. The guitar part, that is. That's the perks of doing music. I could always go back in, and make it more hype.

What I wanted to focus on was more of the mix itself. The EQ process of each instrument.

On-topic now: Not enough bass/drum. Virtually none. This puts me off so much I don't care about rest.

Lol. Your headphones must be poo. It could use more bass, yes. But drum? wrong. It's my beat, so if I want no drums at all, I will use no drums.

Heres moar bass, fo yo ears.

https://soundcloud.com/capogibbz/trapwerk

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
Lol. Your headphones must be poo.
They are not good, still I'm able to feel most music properly (comparing to speakers that are quite good).

It could use more bass, yes. But drum? wrong. It's my beat, so if I want no drums at all, I will use no drums.
I'm glad you ask for feedback to treat it this way. Shows it's not worth to listen "music" you make to even point out what I don't like.

Heres moar bass, fo yo ears.

https://soundcloud.com/capogibbz/trapwerk
I have better music in my library, so why waste my time.

Anyway, np for feedback, won't bother myself in future.

Quit what? He needs to join the dark side..*Heavy breathing
Zzz...

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
K honest opinion. Listening to it felt like what i use to do when I had my Sony ericsson 2005? Which had that melody creator(whatever the name was for that app)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »
Seven nation army riff gets repetitive fast. Also, the bass notes are too distinct imo, sounds a bit too 'midi'. Maybe put some a bit of reverb on there, idk. The melodies over the top are pretty good, but most of the synths (wtf is that guitar) and the treble percussion samples, like, everything except the bass drum, just sound like really barely tweaked presets, sorry. I look forward to hearing more, keep it up.