Author Topic: #sPec# Summer Tournaments - Point System  (Read 3251 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
#sPec# Summer Tournaments - Point System
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:38:14 AM »
NOTE: This is a news article posted for http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?news

Good day competetors.

Only 5 days to go until the start of the tournament series kicks off. If you have not signed up already, I recommend you do so, here: http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?signup

I thought I would enlighten you all on how the point system works.

Basically, in this tournament series, you are ranked based on the amount of points you have. I would like to thank prozajik for massively helping out with the point formula, wouldn't be possible without him.

When you sign up, you start with 20 points.

Teams earn points if they win a match and lose points if they lose a match. If you win against a team who has more points than you, you will win more points and the other team will lose more.

If you miss a tournament, you will lose 5 points automatically. There are four tournaments in total, if you miss all of them, you will have no points at all.

If your team only missed one of the tournaments, you would only lose 5 points and if you played very well, you would have the chance to catch up.

To view the current team standings, visit the results page found here: http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?results

I greatly look forward to these tournaments. Lets find out who the best current active teams are!

-JMR

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: #sPec# Summer Tournaments - Point System
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »
I can't access your website. So can you manually sign up the tournament champions (or just put us as champions and let everyone else play for 2nd) ----> MyeRs Shk Chemical Chalk

We don't feel its essential to read the rules. Just give us times and we'll win. That's all we need to know for tournaments.

Thank you, have a great day. Please verify we're signed up.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »
Team name: DR34M Team? Tag: DR34M.?

Make sure you can all use the tag you signed up with.
Nah, we are already signed up and all of us will be in that clan before the day of the tournament.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:27 AM »
So DR34M Team?

http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?signup

DR34M Team won the last 3v3 tournament than #sPec# ran, so I presumed this is what you would want again, as myers requested.

http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=viewclan&clanid=16783

The DR34M Team is not competing in this tournament. Myers was not referring to any previous tournaments when he said,"So can you manually sign up the tournament champions." My first response was submitted in order to avoid confusion, not to have our name changed to a clan that will not be appearing in the tournament.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
I am afraid that is an unsuitable clan name as it could cause confusion. Please request a team name change by messaging an administrator.

There are plenty of other clans(g1 and g2, for example) that COULD cause confusion if that's how you're looking at the situation, but I digress.

Hopefully we are able to get our clan name changed in time to compete in the tournament;however, as I said before, DR34M will not be competing in the tournament, despite any assumptions you made when you edited our team name and your bracket.

Edit: I also want to apologize to you, if it seems like I am just trying to cause trouble for your tournament. We were not anticipating any of this.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »
Let us have our names. Realistically, we're saving you time at the end of the tournament cause you can copy and paste the results to everyone.

The name is not offensive to anyone, sure it's arrogant, but that arrogance does not negatively affect anyone else. Since this does not hurt anyone else, and it is not an insult towards anyone else, there is no reason for you not to accept this name as all members will be registered in this team on DPLogin.com --- DR34M Team is a retired championship team, that did not have any racial acceptance. That is far more insulting than this new team where we allow players of colour to join. Therefore, you should look at the rules behind the team and not just the team name when deciding which teams are suitable.

All this being said, you want players? You want participation? Let us have the name that does not negatively affect nobody. Or, you can lose a team who will actually be able to compete to win the tournament unlike 50% of the teams who are really just space fillers. Let us have our name or save the time and hand Proza/Picky the 1st place money.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »
Did the tournament rules specify we cannot have this team name? A team name that is not offensive but you find confusing? I don't remember reading such rules. Oh, this is a tournament where you make up rules as you go? Makes sense. Really respectably run tournament rules.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 12:51:02 PM »
This is a G-rated tag. Therefore, our team name abides by your rules, and there should not be an issue.

I'll make this simple - if you want to change rules frequently to benefit yourself on rules that werent made WHEN WE PICKED OUR TEAM NAME, then we wont participate. That's simple. Enjoy losing a team of players coming back to play the game because "it'd be a bit confusing" for you. I guess that confusion is more important than 'helping the game'.

We will not participate in this tournament anymore. Thanks.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
After seeing your edit, and discussing it with our roster, we have decided we will give your tournament a second chance.

We feel disappointed that the rules were changed against us, and made seem like we lack appreciation, when we followed every single rule listed on your website. Please be more thorough in making your rules for future tournaments so these events do not repeat. Thank you for your effort, and we will not be changing our name due to the rude nature of your responses.

Have a nice day and see you Saturday at 1pm EST.

FStyle

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »
Hey,
I just read the rules.. and I got a question. In the rules it says reconnection is not allowed... But what if a  player gets a timeout? Is he than allowed to rejoing the game?