Author Topic: A wallhack question  (Read 4198 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
A wallhack question
« on: February 08, 2015, 11:11:03 AM »
Is it possible/not bannable to use WH while watching demos? I think it would be pretty useful and would make reviewing demos actually worth/interesting for example when i stream.
So whats the committee/jitspoe's opinion on this?

EDIT:In other games, this is pretty much standard thing, for example: CS:GO/COD

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: A wallhack question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »
This is actually useful for a lot of people - but also may make people paranoid a lot easier when watching a demo.

But it's been asked many times over the years. I think jitspoe (I don't know if it's worth the work) should make a command that turns wallhacks on in the game when _not_online_ - AKA "cl_wallhack 1" -- or a script that lets you have it for demo's only.

Granted, not many demo requests in the last few years to make it high priority anymore. But would have been useful before when CC accused everyone.

PS - Proza: Years ago people did do it, I believe (might be mistaken) that Clipz did it. I know Gwb/Jusu did it, and posted a video of it on forums (when trying to say shockwave cheated). So I believe it's not bannable, but you have to be careful about it.

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 01:10:51 PM »
Install an extra copy of paintball 2, do your wallhack stuff there, make your firewall block all outgoing connections and you will be fine.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
Install an extra copy of paintball 2, do your wallhack stuff there, make your firewall block all outgoing connections and you will be fine.
I think it would be pretty useful and would make reviewing demos actually worth/interesting for example when i stream.

Thats why i asked, i would like to stream it sometimes, with commentary on what went wrong where, so the question is whether its bannable or not, i wouldn't really ask unless i would want to show it publicly :p

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »
Streaming should be no problem. The only thing you should not do is somehow give clues about where or how to get the wallhack, but just streaming the wallhacked view is fine. With "make your firewall block all outgoing connections" I meant blocking them for the game executable, not for your whole PC.

Edit: In the License Agreement you have to accept it clearly states that cheating against other human beings is forbidden. It does not forbid using cheats the way you want to use them.

DO NOT CHEAT

Plain and simple.  By installing, using, or owning a copy of Paintball2, you agree not to use any cheats or modify the game executable or content in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing against human opponents.  Doing so will result in banishment from public servers, disqualification from competitions, and/or legal prosecution.  Digital Paint reserves the right to scan your computer for modified game content and known cheat utilities during the operation of Paintball2.  While the GPL grants the ability to freely modify the game engine, use of unofficial or modified engines on public servers will likely result in a ban.  This is necessary to keep the game fair and cheat-free.  You are responsible for other players on your computer and/or network.  We will not lift a ban simply because somebody else was cheating on your connection.  Digital Paint also reserves the right to generate and store unique identifiers using components of your computer's hardware.  This is done using irreversible hashing algorithms.  No direct data about your hardware is transferred or stored.  This is necessary to hardware-based bans to keep evasive cheaters off of the servers.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:11:54 PM by xrichardx »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »
Streaming should be no problem. The only thing you should not do is somehow give clues about where or how to get the wallhack, but just streaming the wallhacked view is fine. With "make your firewall block all outgoing connections" I meant blocking them for the game executable, not for your whole PC.

Edit: In the License Agreement you have to accept it clearly states that cheating against other human beings is forbidden. It does not forbid using cheats the way you want to use them.
Yea i know how you meant it, i thought showing WH publicly might be a problem for streaming, not having an internet access.

Thanks, i guess the license agreement states it pretty clearly then.

PS@Myers:There used to be a command r_drawworld, which disabled all walls and allowed you to see only models. Combine it with gl_showtris 1 and you got yourself ingame wallhack. But r_drawworlds cannot be changed anymore, even on local server. It got abused and was a part of a guide "How to make your own wallhack" ^^

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »
I don't really like the idea of publicly displaying videos (or screenshots) of wallhacks, even if they're just demo reviews.  The reason being, it might give people the wrong ideas.  People might think you're actively using cheats.  People might think it's OK, and that they should use cheats, too.  Some people might not even be aware these types of cheats exist and start looking for them.  All in all, it just seems like a bad idea.

As for a built-in demo-viewing wallhack, I have considered this, but it seems really risky.  If I don't account for something correctly or something, I've basically included a "free" wallhack built into the game.  It would also make it trivial for people modifying the engine to remove the demo-only check, and, while it would be detectable, I don't want to make it TOO easy.  At least if some work goes into it, people have time to think about the ramifications of their actions.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:48 AM »
I don't really like the idea of publicly displaying videos (or screenshots) of wallhacks, even if they're just demo reviews.  The reason being, it might give people the wrong ideas.  People might think you're actively using cheats.  People might think it's OK, and that they should use cheats, too.  Some people might not even be aware these types of cheats exist and start looking for them.  All in all, it just seems like a bad idea.

As for a built-in demo-viewing wallhack, I have considered this, but it seems really risky.  If I don't account for something correctly or something, I've basically included a "free" wallhack built into the game.  It would also make it trivial for people modifying the engine to remove the demo-only check, and, while it would be detectable, I don't want to make it TOO easy.  At least if some work goes into it, people have time to think about the ramifications of their actions.

Well as i mentioned above, this is pretty much normal thing for highly competitive games like CS:GO/COD, hell even League/Starcraft 2, you can watch the demos without so called 'fog of war' so thats basically like wallhack in FPS game. Honestly, its pretty crucial for any meaningful review of a demo, otherwise you can't really tell what went wrong in there, the only thing you get out of it is "yea i should have hit him there" and thats mostly the reason why its ok in other games.

Tho, the problem with paintball is that none of the wallhacks are really official and people are scared to even have them on their computers, which makes it kind of weird to show it publicly, but still, its normal in other games.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »
It seems it's also normal to have lots of cheaters in other games. :)  There are quite a few players who cheat in Counter-Strike that don't cheat in this game.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:58 PM »
It seems it's also normal to have lots of cheaters in other games. :)  There are quite a few players who cheat in Counter-Strike that don't cheat in this game.
Name me one player and ill quit CS

Lol I just reread this. I understand what your getting at.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:35:51 PM by Toxiic »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
I don't think you can really compare it like that. I could also say that it seems it's also normal to have lots of people in other games ^^.

Imo the reason for that is that there are mostly people who care too much for the game to cheat left.

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:49:31 AM »
I don't really like the idea of publicly displaying videos (or screenshots) of wallhacks [...].

No offense, but then you propably shouldn't have wh-videos on your website...