Author Topic: Checkmate, we challenge you  (Read 31521 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Checkmate, we challenge you
« on: March 31, 2015, 04:28:43 PM »
Who's better, NA or EU?

So here's the deal,

I am challenging Checkmate to a 3 versus 3 clanbattle. I would like the money given to my League of Legends account, so if you could go buy a prepaid league card right now that'd be great.

I'd like to make it more interesting, though.

My team? We're going to go full on NA for this, as much as I think it would be EVEN EASIER if I took Aveiro or Jeongwa, as they are hands down the best Europeans in the game.... but my roster will be: MyeRs / CheMiCaL / Juiicy

Now, let's make it more interesting. I want to play vT, the real main 3, the team you have been a rival top team of mine for a while, and at the same time prove NA is better than EU. This means, I do not want to play against my old teammate. (PS: Anyone saying "scared of shk" proves the point that my old team was superior to vT/cm8t).

The challenge is:

MyeRs / CheMiCaL / Juiicy versus Prozajiik / Rockitude / Picky

I want to beat the roster that has the best synergy, has been together for the longest, and is considered the best european team.

Let's get some details down....

Best of 3 - 1 map each server - tie map decided by whoever wins by the bigger point spread. If the point spread is tied, we will have to find a means of dealing with that (Although it's never happened)

When? Easter Monday, everyone is off school and work, the average person celebrates easter on the Sunday, and it's one of the few days in advance we can set due to schedules. Easter also seems like a good time for legends to return from their grave ;) -- We can agree upon a a timing that works for everyone.

What if we lose? I'll put up a 50$ bounty back. Probably just get a prepaid visa and give it to proza to distribute to his team. If the guidelines above are followed, that is.

Maps? I don't want no random ass maps. I don't want to play Cream to get a excrement win, or my team play something of that style to get a excrement win to. I want real, known, common maps, that we are both equal at in order to prove who's superior. Me/Proza can discuss this prior.

Other rules: NO SPECTATORS IN THE SERVER. If you want people to watch, you can turn your stream on. Not dealing with the likes of dooci and others. NO speccing. NO SUBSTITUTES.

So, Checkmate.....

Do you accept the challenge? Or are you going to back down.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
Re: Checkmate, we challenge you
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »
You are going to loose Steven.

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »
GG

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
Sorry, my post is a bit misleading...

When I put NA vs EU, I mean, Canada vs EU. Because the best Dp2 players in history have come from Canada.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »
I will bring Koreans into this game. And I will team up with them.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
Koreans aren't good at FPS games

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:45:44 PM »
Thats true, for example CS:GO, 10 world best teams, from 1st to 9th place are EU teams then it is on 10th place NA team.

#iloveyouSteven
#butEUisbetter
#Bjergsen<3

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »
When I put NA vs EU, I mean, Canada vs EU. Because the best Dp2 players in history have come from Canada.
Check n CheckMate. 

Teh b8 is gr8 m8 i r8 8/8.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 11:29:54 PM »
Thats true, for example CS:GO, 10 world best teams, from 1st to 9th place are EU teams then it is on 10th place NA team.

#iloveyouSteven
#butEUisbetter
#Bjergsen<3

If EU was so "good" why did bjerg choose to play for tsm? EU hasn't won anything in league in two years.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:24 AM »
NA teams needed EU skills, so EU LoL players help NA, for example Bjerg. ^.^

ascraeus

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 05:05:09 AM »

#iloveyouSteven
#butEUisbetter
#Bjergsen<3

1st to 9th are eu teams but in katowice brazilian keyd stars came 5th-8th.

counter-strike never was that famous in na
though ex-iBP could easily stomp some tier 2 eu teams (dignitas, hellraisers, lgb, penta etc) and really challenge top eu teams

rip swag

also "eu is better in csgo" and suddenly "#bjergsen<3"

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 06:39:08 AM »
Wannabe NA.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 07:13:15 AM »
NA teams needed EU skills, so EU LoL players help NA, for example Bjerg. ^.^

Literally the dumbest comment I've ever seen.

NA has surpassed EU, and gave better chance for success because NA infrastructure is better and the teams have more money.

---

Now let's keep this as a Canada is superior to everyone, where are you at checkmate?

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »
I'm not home on easter monday. We would have to find a different date.

ascraeus

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 07:48:56 AM »
Wannabe NA.

wannabe na while im just stating facts, kden

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
omg, typical for this community. a few na players raging against a few eu players. BOOOOOOOOOOM, LETS MAKE A NA VS EU BATTLE OUT OF IT!

Let a 3v3 decide which county is better!
Lets look at LoL and CS:GO to decide who will win!
Lets go full stereotypical!

F*ck this, you are like little kiddies fighting about a snickers. (excluding prozos team, they atlest dont boast around like some other 13-year-minded here)

Hope myers #getsrekt for his #sh'theadbehavior -.-

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »
Knuddle, are you stupid?

The reason for this thread, and the challenge, isn't "NA VS EU" , that's just to give it some hype. The CSGO / LoL is just derailed conversation. If you had half a brain you'd realize this isn't anything to do with NA vs EU, it just happens to be an NA team challenging the EU team that has a bounty. There's literally 0 raging. I don't see any raging at all.

It's because Checkmate put a 50$ bounty on whoever can beat them. So we're coming back to DP, to challenge them for that 50$.

It's not that hard to understand.

How do they not boast around? They said they'll pay a team to beat them. That's the roosteriest thing you can do. I've done it before a few years back, offered 100$ to any team that could beat us. Why? Because of arrogance. You want to help people improve - help them, but the 50$ bounty is to try to make people try hard to beat you, and shows your arrogance cause they don't expect to have to pay it.

We're simply challenging their arrogance.

I think putting a bounty on yourself for a free game is the most arrogant thing you can do. And does nothing to help the game other than further saying: "we think we're on a complete level above everyone else".  Nobody puts a bounty if they think people might beat them. Source: I've done it before.

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 08:24:40 AM »
Knuddle, are you stupid?

Not stupid, dumb maybe

The reason for this thread, and the challenge, isn't "NA VS EU" , that's just to give it some hype. The CSGO / LoL is just derailed conversation. If you had half a brain you'd realize this isn't anything to do with NA vs EU, it just happens to be an NA team challenging the EU team that has a bounty. There's literally 0 raging. I don't see any raging at all.

Almost every reply in this topic is "my country is better, cause..."
OR simply "owned, lol"

It's because Checkmate put a 50$ bounty on whoever can beat them. So we're coming back to DP, to challenge them for that 50$.

Then just beat them? Lol, u just made an extra thread, even colored the important stuff... if its just for beating them... simply... beat them?! If u do just donate the bounty back to them, simple as that.

It's not that hard to understand.

There u've made a point.

How do they not boast around? They said they'll pay a team to beat them. That's the roosteriest thing you can do. I've done it before a few years back, offered 100$ to any team that could beat us. Why? Because of arrogance. You want to help people improve - help them, but the 50$ bounty is to try to make people try hard to beat you, and shows your arrogance cause they don't expect to have to pay it.

You dare to speak about arrogance? Seriously? Look at the last line of your own first post. And then look at any other post ever made from you.

We're simply challenging their arrogance.

Arrogance vs arrogance, k

I think putting a bounty on yourself for a free game is the most arrogant thing you can do. And does nothing to help the game other than further saying: "we think we're on a complete level above everyone else".  Nobody puts a bounty if they think people might beat them. Source: I've done it before.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:17 AM »
cant you just ban knuddlee? he cant even read normal posts. and the replys to myerz sentences didnt make sense at all.

to the topic, its actually a cool idea but i think youre making to much hype about it.
and to the problem with "winning on the same amount of points as the opponent", you could say the team who won faster gets the server advantage? well, it might be unfair because it depends on the map choice. just an idea^^
btw, whos gonna stream it, prozajik, myerz, shk?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 08:55:25 AM »
Lukip, let's be realistic right now. DP is dead. It's hard to match, let alone pub. A little hype to a match is a good thing, this thread has more traffic than JMR's 'interview' post where he tried to get hype from. Why? Because in a game where people know everyone, and is dead, and a tournament with no prize - an interview is retarded, especially those questions. But, a challenge where both sides put money on the line is interesting, especially when they are the best players from their region for the last few years, at least.

If we quietly did the match and nobody saw, what fun would that be? That'd be like a standard match. Standard matches are fine and all, but playing in Gonass' 250$ tournament, or GGDPLeague was significantly more fun, because something was on the line, pride as well as money. Whereas, playing in QeHs cups, or JMR tournaments, were more just 'fun'. I like to push for the first one where something is actually on the line.

Not to mention, I would assume whoever streams would likely get about 10-20 viewers (maybe more) if we hype it up, plan a date and time, don't allow spectators.