Author Topic: "PBLeague" Map suggestions  (Read 9458 times)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: "PBLeague" Map suggestions
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 01:10:04 AM »
I don't understand why some of you are suggesting maps like pbcup_pforest or castle1 for a 2v2 tournament. Great maps indeed, but way too big. For a 2v2 setup I would go for smaller maps where you can actually fight each other in stead of just running past.

Has anyone suggested classic pbcup yet?

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 05:56:47 AM »
I don't understand why some of you are suggesting maps like pbcup_pforest or castle1 for a 2v2 tournament. Great maps indeed, but way too big. For a 2v2 setup I would go for smaller maps where you can actually fight each other in stead of just running past.

I Would say Because instead of siting base 24/7 it would actually force people to set a least of tactic on bigger map ?

Playing pbcup would nearly remove all the strafing/jumping part of the game for a map, and it can be really frustrating depending on how the opponents are willing to play it.

Small Maps like pbcup can really be a pain in the as.. if people wants to just wait for you to rush trough their lines the whole 20 minutes.

Anyways i think its just about everyone's preferences because for me, playing a map like "pbcup" is a total waste of the game possibilities. ( The game has a fast pace and you just limit it).

I'm kind of in agreement with castle1, the map is probably not appropriate and too big.

For pbcup_pforest you are wrong imo, the map has like 2 path, and thats it. Which make it perfect for 2vs2. It's probably one of the smoothness map on the game so it make it really short to cross it from one base to another even tho the map is medium size. Also, its understandable that you want maps where you would face both enemies on the middle so you don't have to worry about anything but it remove all the grabing/caping strategies if you are smart enough.. so it's a choice, but it doesnt have to be everytimes.

I understand that, and this is most of the tie map choice because it's easier to play.

I guess there are multiple playstyles and preferences, and there should be the choice of playing maps like this, or biggers one.

For me, i'd rather play prolandr / pforest / ect.. as a 2vs2 maps because it would force enemies to use their brains and force them to run out of their bases instead of just siting and waiting. (Also because i like to jump alot )

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 07:16:27 AM »

Yeah, I got some map suggestions over skype too.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
I Would say Because instead of siting base 24/7 it would actually force people to set a least of tactic on bigger map ?

Playing pbcup would nearly remove all the strafing/jumping part of the game for a map, and it can be really frustrating depending on how the opponents are willing to play it.

Small Maps like pbcup can really be a pain in the as.. if people wants to just wait for you to rush trough their lines the whole 20 minutes.

Anyways i think its just about everyone's preferences because for me, playing a map like "pbcup" is a total waste of the game possibilities. ( The game has a fast pace and you just limit it).

I'm kind of in agreement with castle1, the map is probably not appropriate and too big.

For pbcup_pforest you are wrong imo, the map has like 2 path, and thats it. Which make it perfect for 2vs2. It's probably one of the smoothness map on the game so it make it really short to cross it from one base to another even tho the map is medium size. Also, its understandable that you want maps where you would face both enemies on the middle so you don't have to worry about anything but it remove all the grabing/caping strategies if you are smart enough.. so it's a choice, but it doesnt have to be everytimes.

I understand that, and this is most of the tie map choice because it's easier to play.

I guess there are multiple playstyles and preferences, and there should be the choice of playing maps like this, or biggers one.

For me, i'd rather play prolandr / pforest / ect.. as a 2vs2 maps because it would force enemies to use their brains and force them to run out of their bases instead of just siting and waiting. (Also because i like to jump alot )

you guys are able to camp on every map, you dont need a small map such as pbcup for it

edit: " if people wants to just wait for you to rush trough their lines the whole 20 minutes. "

hearing that from your mouth made me blush

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 09:33:29 AM »

I kind of agree on your issue with pbcup. It might not be that good as a tournament map, but I think it has the right structure for a 2v2 map: a small one-way map which is unlikely to be decided by flag caps.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »
you guys are able to camp on every map, you dont need a small map such as pbcup for it

Sorry, but you are wrong, maps like prolandr, carpathian, scoth_b5 and alot more.. make the camping strategy nearly impossible.

Well i did not knew that i was known as a camper, and in anyways it doesnt matter, everyone plays how ever they want to.

This is not a debate, i'm just answering Jimmy on why some of us suggested bigger map than usual.

This is just about preferences and people's choices, and if the map pool is only made with small maps like airtime, shazam22, pbcup, then i would rather not even play the league

because i already know how it will end up. I just want a diversity, and vote for maps i would like to see.

Am i doing something wrong ?

but I think it has the right structure for a 2v2 map: a small one-way map which is unlikely to be decided by flag caps.

Yes, i agree with that.

This is why ic3y asked us on which maps would we like to play, to makes everyone happy, and to have the mappool diversity that people wants in it.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 10:13:05 AM »
First post updated

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 10:25:21 AM »

questionable:
beta/dream35_b1
litt
oth
pbcup_pforest
beta/zephyrus_b5
cargo
thod
beta/insight_b3 (possible with a fixed version)
snowbong

+ for dream35, zeph, oth, snowbong

possible:
beta/duck_fix_b6
who tf voted for duck?

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
I will post my thought on few rejection / questionnable maps:

QUESTIONABLE:

beta/dream35_b1 ( feel like Tasmania, to much of path and on the whole map so i don't think it has the good format )

litt ( only 1 flag, 1 mid with sideways, not that hard, pretty appropriate )

oth ( 2 sides, a bit like pforest, but it has a low ice path which make it to big imo )

pbcup_pforest ( only 2 sides, i think pforest has the good size for a 2s map )

beta/zephyrus_b5  ( zeyphyrus is not that big, only 1 mid flag and 1 base flag , the mid respresent 80% of the map so i think it fits well for 2s )

cargo ( cargo is medium size, but its only a straigh line, with walls / cargo everywhere, which i would rank as the same as Tasmania / dream 35, to much walls and not appropriate)

thod  ( thod is like reminission, but only 1 flag, way to much open space.. the map isnt big itself and might be playable for 2s)

beta/insight_b3  (possible with a fixed version)

snowbong  ( a big shortcut, you can cap in 3sec a flag after the round has started, not appropriate for me )

And for the REJECTED ONE:

beta/jungle_b1 ( the map isnt big, its like a straight line with side on it, 2 flags but easily defendable, this map looks fresh and i would give it a try 100%)

ruggedcountry ( a little big bigger than jungle_b1, 2 flags, but you can sit on middle  pretty easily, not to mention the pace on this map is really slow, no ice or w/e so i'm pretty sure it would fit well on 2s)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:20:15 AM by TeMaRu »

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »
Feel free to post your map ideas. (2vs2, CTF)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 07.02.2016

rejected:
beta/bruno_b4
propaint3
beta/spcup_framework_b1
tatras
carpathian
beta/tasmania_b1
ub_columbia
beta/multipath_b2
beta/overhang_b10
pbcup_renoir
beta/jungle_b1
prolandr
beta/ub_cliff2014_b1
castle1
ruggedcountry
(agree)

questionable:
beta/dream35_b1 (yeah, too many paths, will be a trade fest)
litt (2 sidepaths in the middle and 3 sides to come to flag when being is base, all paths easy to lie and defend, works well for 2s)
oth( too big with low)
pbcup_pforest( a bit big but fast paced, works well)
beta/zephyrus_b5( mid is too big, 1 mid fg , 1 base fg, tradefest)
Cargo(idk, might work cause ist not that big)
thod
beta/insight_b3 (possible with a fixed version)    (yes ist also a good tactical map and smaller than prolandr and carp so that might work)
snowbong

possible:
beta/duck_fix_b6 (low, mid, might work, but theres much space to not meet to a flagfight, better for 3s)
beta/scoth_b5 (same Problem, trading)
freedom  ( base is big, but defendable, mid is huge, but easy to line, maybe fps Problems for some ppl)
remenissions ( many paths, but all meet in mid path, so it can be an Action packed game)
beta/greenhill_b1 (perfect, nice jumping, small, good to line and defend)
dc2 ( a bit speedy, which may be hard for higher pingers, but all ok for 2s)
nolandr
pp_sw ( good jumping, Playing with brain, 2s-compact)
propaint1 (often played for 2s, especially as tie, low, high, thats it)
shazam22(all meet in mid and ist a small map which often takes a Long time to Play, Kinda like airtime)
cream ( 1 higher path, one lower one, both easy to see and line)
beta/crystal_b4
beta/daylight_b1( low, mid high, perfect
nitefactor ( too many ways to go for a 2s in my opinion)
planet
protection
airtime
dhemap
dye32
lockout
napalm
wobluda_fix
xbmap1
rome
blarg
(agree)

I'd also like to add:
green_park_b4

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 10:25:24 AM »
It's ridiculous how many perfectly good 2v2 maps that have been omitted. It's mad. Do you want people to play your league? Carp, pfo, Renoir are all fine.

Also jungle and overhang would be perfect maps for 2v2, not being biased, they are a good size with possibility for flag grabs and cool jumps.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:43:10 AM by Mission »

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »
Why are renoir, castle, prolandr and carp taken out?

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 04:29:41 AM »
Also jungle and overhang would be perfect maps for 2v2, not being biased, they are a good size with possibility for flag grabs and cool jumps.

I agree with jungle_b1 , the map has the perfect size to be on the maplist, but for Overhang.. it's understandable, the map has a fast pace and is to big for a 2s format imo.

Why are renoir, castle, prolandr and carp taken out?

I'm pretty sure renoir and castle1 might be too big for a 2s format.

But for Carpathian and prolandr, they should definitly be on the maplist, or at least thats my opinion too.

It's really hard to tell which map is good for 2s, and which map isnt. Perhaps a strawpoll would be more accurate for the actual preferences of the players ? And would also cut few maps 
(thinking about Dc2, dhemap and protection) that do not derserv their spots.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:56:32 AM by TeMaRu »

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:40 AM »
What about g2_b2? Many players suggested this map. It's not that big, but you need tactics tho. It's not that easy to defend. Maybe Im just blind, but i read the maplist twice now and didnt see g2 anywhere^^

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 01:44:24 PM »
Do you want people to play your league?
You should play a league for fun, not because the maps.

What about g2_b2? Many players suggested this map. It's not that big, but you need tactics tho. It's not that easy to defend. Maybe Im just blind, but i read the maplist twice now and didnt see g2 anywhere^^
Got lost during Copy & Paste, first post updated

-----------------------------

First post update
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:28:01 PM by ic3y »