Author Topic: Boycott auto spell check  (Read 10470 times)

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Boycott auto spell check
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 09:57:12 PM »
Well, its not that im very "touchy" about it, it was just very annoying to see that 80% of your posts where one word and/or PoSTZ LIeK ThESE.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »
PoSTZ LieK WHaT?!1//!/1/1/12uno

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 11:11:51 PM »
Loial has to repeat to stay on topic. But in this case what are you talking about? Look at the following.....
Is that your counter logic?  Shhhhh. "Shut up! I hate! Clearly! God! Jesus! Moo! Newbs! Idiot!" Now I can see why you consider it such a hassell, if thats all you post.

"Crazy, but that how it goes. Millions of people living as foes. Maybe its not to late. To learn how to love and forget how to hate." -Oz

The 'auto' spell check does not work on Fire Fox 1.5.0.6  Roll Eyes
A repetition? Name one in that quoted post above? Secondly where are your logical retorts?

EII i have explained the need for repetitive points, to counter, counter logic.

Fluff? Is that it? I fluff my point up?OK guilty. If you really care so much, then i have a deal for you. How about I submit my posts to you from now on. Then you edit down the fluff and not the context. With my final approval pending.

Agreed? I dare you with a challenge.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 11:20:32 PM »
Fluff? Is that it? I fluff my point up?OK guilty. If you really care so much, then i have a deal for you. How about I submit my posts to you from now on. Then you edit down the fluff and not the context. With my final approval pending.

Quote from: loial21-fluff
If you think my posts are so fluffy, then you edit them down.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2006, 04:39:21 AM »
its odd that everyone dislikes loial, isnt it?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »
its odd that everyone dislikes loial, isnt it?
I don't think everybody does :) Why would you have a problem with a harmless weirdo.  He has achieved more in life than you have, and you just dislike him because he likes to write difficult posts? :)

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 05:35:56 AM »
Or cause he thinks by repeating himself 500 times in one post counts as a logical and friendly post is quite funny. Loial, just make one big post in each thread. Don't respond to anyones replies. We can basically tell what it will say. "What? When did i do that? EXPLAIN HOW GT IS WHINERS. FLUFF?? MOO!!!"

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »
I don't care for "forced" spellchecking.
It's forcing your "i'm perfect and better than you" attitudes on us.
Spelling and grammatical errors make us individuals.
I can't understand a thing Loial posts half the time because he has extremely poor sentence structure and word choice. It seriously sounds like he is making a major effort to sound intelligent and failing miserably. That's beyond anything to do with spelling.

Also...

We strive to save every keystroke we can on the computer. Now we are forced to add a few more just because someone thinks they are superior?

The real shame is removing forced spellchecking will not even be considered because no matter who complains about it, it was put in place by the ruler under his presumption that it's what we need. We "need" spellchecking. The god has spoken.

Grammatical errors come next?
Sentence structure?
Are we going to start having english and writing classes in order to be qualified to post soon?

Sure, you think it's a good idea because you think you're perfect and better than everyone else. It's not a good idea. You are not perfect. I am not perfect. And you are basically trying to remove what is unique about each of us, individualism. GOOD JOB!!!

I'm sure your followers absolutely love it because you say so!

It's your house though. anyone that doesn't like it can go somewhere else, huh?

That's the way to improve the community!!! Put the hammer down and force people to make an effort to be Mr. & Ms 4.0GPA 500IQ just like you!

AWESOME WORK!

HERE'S a nice tool for the rest of you...
http://www.audienceoftwo.com/mag.php?art_id=598

it turns writing like that above into:

eye Dante care for "forced" spellchecking.
It'es forcing yore "eye'M perfect & better than yew" attitudes awn us.
Spelling & grammatical errors make us individuals.
eye connote understand eh thing Loial posts half thee thyme because hie has extremely pour sentence structure & whirred choice. It seriously sounds like hae is making eh major effort 2 sound intelligent & failing miserably. That's beyond anything 2 deux withe spelling.

Also...

whee strive 2 save every keystroke whee conn awn thee computer. Now whee AR forced 2 ad eh few Mohr juiced because someone thinks they AR superior?

thee rill shame is removing forced spellchecking will naught even B considered because know matter who complains about it, it was put inn plaice bye thee ruler under his presumption that it's wot whee kneed. whee "kneed" spellchecking. thee god has spoken.

Grammatical errors cum next?
Sentence structure?
AR whee going 2 start having english & writing classes inn order 2 B qualified 2 post soon?

Sure, yew think it's eh good idea because yew think yore perfect & better than everyone else. It's naught eh good idea. yew AR naught perfect. eye M naught perfect. & yew AR basically trying 2 remove wot is unique about each of us, individualism. GOOD JOB!!!

eye'M sure yore followers absolutely love it because yew say sew!

It's yore house though. anyone that doesn't ea like it conn go somewhere else, huh?

That's thee weigh 2 improve thee community!!! Put thee hammer down & force pi-pal 2 make Anne effort 2 B Mr. & Ms for.0GPA 500IQ juiced like yew!

AWESOME WORK!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
I can't understand a thing Loial posts half the time because he has extremely poor sentence structure and word choice. It seriously sounds like he is making a major effort to sound intelligent and failing miserably.
LOL Is that your complaint? Funny how your attitude towards me changed in the past year and half. 

You three have selective comprehension. The rest of the fourm reads the same things you do without major complaints. Talk about making an effort to sound superior and failing sk8ter, smokey, s8n.  Avoidence. Look it up. Nice posting tactics.  ::)

Like s8kter for instance. I asked for one repetitive example. He can provide none. Pathetic.

Hmm they all begin with 's'. The only ones here hating on me is some ex GT members and a x-GT vent junkie.

Funny stuff.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:52:19 PM by loial21 »

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »
Is that your counter logic?  Shhhhh. "Shut up! I hate! Clearly! God! Jesus! Moo! Newbs! Idiot!" Now I can see why you consider it such a hassell, if thats all you post.

The 'auto' spell check does not work on Fire Fox 1.5.0.6  ::)
Obviously, you spelled hassle wrong.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »
I don't hate you Loial, or anyone else round here.
You just form incoherant sentences, however correct the spelling of the words may be. When are we going to fix that?
And you "have" developed an "i'm better than you" mentallity, just like your master and a few others obediant followers.

My point in some of my ramblings there is that you "power junkies" scoff at other's opinions, instead of listening. It happens all the time. You guys are always quick to tell someone they are an idiot and would have been better of not posting, in not so many words.
Opinion and thoughts are not what's wanted here, affirmation and praise to place you higher on your pedestal is what you are obviously after ("you" being the master and his band of obediant followers). It's very clear.

Forced spellchecking is a bother and an intrusion.
If you don't like my opinion ban me.
If I don't like the rules I can leave.
Until i'm banned you'll have to put up with me.

Vent junkie? Really Loial. You lost bonus points on that one. Until the day I joined GT I rarely, if ever, spoke on any vent. I would also consider that a sly attempt at a personal insult that should require a temp ban. But when you're on your knees you are above such rules, eh?

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »
I would also consider that a sly attempt at a personal insult that should require a temp ban. But when you're on your knees you are above such rules, eh?
He will never be temp banned for anything he says. I've seen things he has said that is worse then some things that others have been banned for. It's a joke some of the things people get banned for, and what he can get away with once in a while.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 04:09:39 PM »
If you feel he, or anybody, has posted something inflammatory and in need of a temp ban, simply click on the "Report to moderator" link on the post.

S8N: I'm not trying to defend him or anything, but he listed 3 people and later stated "ex GT members" (plural) and "a x-GT vent junkie" (singular).  Since you and Skater were in GT, that leaves Smokey as the ex-vent junkie.  I don't really see "junkie" as an insult in this case.  It just means he used ventrilo a lot.  It almost sounds like you're going out of your way to act offended by something that wasn't even directed at you.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM by IronFist »

S8NATHOME

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 04:55:47 PM »
ah misreeded

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 04:59:50 PM »
DISABLE IT,  BOX IS SO ANNOYING I DONT EVEN SPELL THE WORDS WRONG

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 05:23:57 PM »
*DON'T

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »
yes, get rid of it.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »
* edit Posted expos facto Jitspost. God I love multiple puns ;)

Jitspoe post pretty much covered the context of what I had intended in the first part of my post. Sadly I am at work and had to compose this over several hours. So I will refrain from being repetitive and will delete half of what I intended.

When are we going to fix that?
Aww you do care! If you really want to fix that then I can help. Watch. FYI This is Easy!  "Ask for clarification" Don’t flame what you don’t understand or misread. That is just typical forum avoidance or a simple misunderstanding.

"power junkies" scoff at other's opinions,
Me? You got to be joking or I am wrong in feeling that this was directed to me. Either way I have shown respect to other opinions, a willingness to listen and apologize if needed.

've seen things he has said that is worse then some things that others have been banned for.
Proof! Now!

To all complaintiffs,
If your posts are of worth or if you consider them important then what is the big deal about hitting a few extra keys? 

Eiii I am waiting for your help. Fluffster.

Weird? Yes I am. Harmless? Thanks!

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »
I've got some extra keys for you right here loial: wtfzomg h3r3 35 t4h sp4m!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
//////////////////////lone/11111111111111122222222222221111111111
1111111one1111111111uno12`2213213``1``~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The auto spell check should be left on the forums everywhere other than the Others section. Its where I come to spam |337 57UFF.

Also, the "ignore all" button needs to be fixed on it.  :P