Author Topic: Is an orgy scene in your latest map really the impression you want to make?  (Read 20841 times)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Is an orgy scene in your latest map really the impression you want to make?
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
Outside perception of a free game that almost 10 years old is what i hope is on the top of jitspoe's list.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »
"jitspoe dont ask me to register, its not going to happen"
You already have an account...

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2006, 01:09:04 PM »
Outside perception of a free game that almost 10 years old is what i hope is on the top of jitspoe's list.

if jit did not care about the game at all, why would he keep working on it trying to make it better?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
What are you talking about Excal? My sentence implicates that there are far more important things to deal with in DP2 prior to public relations, not that jitspoe doesn't care about the game. For example, solid cheat protection.

I figured someone as 'mature' as yourself could recognize conversational implicature.

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »
Well Dirty, Jits is going to have to think about public relations soon after "solid cheat protection" because half of the players will quit or be banned.   :P

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »
What are you talking about Excal? My sentence implicates that there are far more important things to deal with in DP2 prior to public relations, not that jitspoe doesn't care about the game. For example, solid cheat protection.

I figured someone as 'mature' as yourself could recognize conversational implicature.

Logins, which are being worked on apparently, will help with both.

We could post the  demo which records the chat,  and Jitspoe could decide if a ban was warranted. Then those who just sit in the channel talking about sex all the time and as imalamp (or someone using that name at least) was the other night.  Whether Jitspoe has any interest in doing that is another question.

We could of course do it now the same way cheaters are dealt with, by looking at the usual ip, etc. But a login would make bans easier.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 04:28:27 PM by m7feettall »

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »

We could post the  demo which records the chat,  and Jitspoe could decide if a ban was warranted. Then those who just sit in the channel talking about sex all the time and as imalamp (or someone using that name at least) was the other night.  Whether Jitspoe has any interest in doing that is another question.

We could of course do it now the same way cheaters are dealt with, by looking at the usual ip, etc. But a login would make bans easier.

stop trying to make dp into what its not, please, thanks.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »

A. I  have no power to do anything. I am appealing to the one who can on the off chance that he too finds some elements of DP to be problematic.

B. If DP is all about sex chat you can do that elsewhere. If it is about friends, paintball, fun, a game  etc. then that need not change.

C. If more people are to come to this game the community must change. I am hardly the first to say that.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2006, 04:48:54 PM »

A. I  have no power to do anything. I am appealing to the one who can on the off chance that he too finds some elements of DP to be problematic.

B. If DP is all about sex chat you can do that elsewhere. If it is about friends, paintball, fun, a game  etc. then that need not change.

C. If more people are to come to this game the community must change. I am hardly the first to say that.

Well, the horrible community that we have is what makes the game great, stop complaining.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »

Well, the horrible community that we have is what makes the game great, stop complaining.

I never said it was a horrible community. I objected to some elements of it. What I suggest is to keep the good elements and get rid of the bad.

Your main objection seems to be that you want no responsibility for how you come across to others, or what harm you might do.  That to me is not a valid objection.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »

I never said it was a horrible community. I objected to some elements of it. What I suggest is to keep the good elements and get rid of the bad.

Your main objection seems to be that you want no responsibility for how you come across to others, or what harm you might do.  That to me is not a valid objection.
or i just enjoy the community EXACTLY the way it is, as does alot of others.

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2006, 05:38:15 AM »
Anyways, this game needs more players who can read,write and play decently, not these 10 year old kids who spam there "noob" and "camper" bind's. With the community as small as it is, you know most of the people well enough to easily annoy/make fun of them.

Which is it then, because I highly doubt you enjoy this community "exactly" how it is.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2006, 05:45:26 AM »
Anyways, this game needs more players who can read,write and play decently, not these 10 year old kids who spam there "noob" and "camper" bind's. With the community as small as it is, you know most of the people well enough to easily annoy/make fun of them.

Which is it then, because I highly doubt you enjoy this community "exactly" how it is.
Thats in pubs, not in irc and clans.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »
or i just enjoy the community EXACTLY the way it is, as does alot of others
How could you like the "community" as it is. You make fun of just about every single person on this board, with the exception of maybe 5. There is so many annoying bundles of twigs. Therefore, I as well as you should NOT like the community.

I like maybe 10-12 people, and the rest I couldn't care less about. There is so many people I would just want to punch in the face. Especially those pub-junkies.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2006, 03:03:41 PM »
or i just enjoy the community EXACTLY the way it is, as does alot of others
How could you like the "community" as it is. You make fun of just about every single person on this board, with the exception of maybe 5. There is so many annoying bundles of twigs. Therefore, I as well as you should NOT like the community.

I like maybe 10-12 people, and the rest I couldn't care less about. There is so many people I would just want to punch in the face. Especially those pub-junkies.
my life is over,lun hates me :(

<3

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2006, 03:04:08 PM »
User temp banned for this post.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:51:37 AM by jitspoe »

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2006, 03:22:25 PM »
This thread has lost any purpose other than to add a new item on my Latest Posts list. Why don't we just agree that m7 is a moron and lock this?!

What a concept.

You can call me what you like Bug. But you can't escape realities of life. Thing you say do turn people off, do have effects. That is hurting this community. And if you practice it in life will hurt you in other ways.

The upshot of your comments, smokey's comments etc. is that you don't want any personal responsibility. You don't like the stupids things other people do. But you want complete autonomy to do whatever you want.

Well that is what happens when everyone does what they want. They all tick each other off.

Your attempts to kill the topic are just another defense mechanism. If anything actually came of this topic you might have to engage in some self control.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2006, 04:21:41 PM »
Let us pray to god that nothing does.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »
Pink,
Pardon my rudeness. I did not bother to read anything but Taco's avoidance to self criticism. Tic Toc. You are too funny Taco.

Satan? He is right here (points at chest, say hello!)

Keith? IDK

I hope he is in San Antonio!

Or he could be at home. Thinking. Contemplating. Anticipating. Like ever man should.

Forgetfully yours,

Loial

*Edit.

Bug? Comon is that all you got?... squished : >:(

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2006, 10:24:49 PM »
Or he could be at home. Thinking. Contemplating. Anticipating. Like ever man should.

I want you now. I need you.