Author Topic: calling someone cheater  (Read 3145 times)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
calling someone cheater
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:18:24 AM »
Hey, I´ve got topic for disscussion, I don´t know if someone posted this before..

So, I play PB for 4 or 5 months now. Never cheated, newer will and do not recognize when someone does. But, last few weeks few players have habbit to call me cheater, hax, etc... normally I say to them sorry if I play better then you or something like that (curses involved if I´m having a bad day) but it is starting to get on my nerve cause things like that can destroy rep, and in worst case scenario player can be banned from servers.

I have written down only 1 name of a player who called me cheater (which one I will not post and I wrote it down cause I tend to forget names), few guys that knows me stood automaticly in my defence (clan and ordinary players), and in the end the question is: does a person, whose calling another player cheater, without any proof, bear any responsibility for his action???

blaa

• Autococker
Re: calling someone cheater
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 05:32:32 AM »
Usually when someone calls someone hacker, or just says HaX or whatever then they even dont think it seriously. Whenever lekky kills me I get pissed of and call him hacker because COME ON, some dude who thinks he is angel (his irc name is Lekky[angel] and whois is truly.an.angel) cannot meddling kill me.

I doubt anyone thinks youre a hacker because some people call you that in pub. Look at Ij, theyve been suspected as cheaters for like half a year now? Havent been banned because theyve bad reputation.

Id suggest changing your ingame name if someone is harrassing you or even easier way:
*open up console
*type players
*find the players number who is harrassing you
*type ignore #
#- players number.

"does a person, whose calling another player cheater, without any proof, bear any responsibility for his action???" - This is a game and dont get so meddling excited about such a small thing. Lets keep things simple?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:11:08 AM »
Nice and constructive answer. I admitt that the last guy totally pissed me of and I  was under the influence of  the last game sesssion. I know it´s a game but the thing is that I never let anyone to excrement over me, not in real life and not in a game. Guess I´ll have to satisfy just by killing him even further wich will just convince him I cheat.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:56 AM »
I rarely pay attention to chat so I don't see much of what's being said, and really don't care.
When I play, I play, it's not social hour at the YMCA for me.

Just remember, B17/18 is coming with content checking, and hopefully, better cheat detection.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:21:08 AM »
Usually when someone calls someone hacker, or just says HaX or whatever then they even dont think it seriously. Whenever lekky kills me I get pissed of and call him hacker because COME ON, some dude who thinks he is angel (his irc name is Lekky[angel] and whois is truly.an.angel) cannot  kill me.

I doubt anyone thinks youre a hacker because some people call you that in pub. Look at Ij, theyve been suspected as cheaters for like half a year now? Havent been banned because theyve bad reputation.

Id suggest changing your ingame name if someone is harrassing you or even easier way:
*open up console
*type players
*type ignore #
#- players number.

"does a person, whose calling another player cheater, without any proof, bear any responsibility for his action???" - This is a game and dont get so  excited about such a small thing. Lets keep things simple?

Hahaha. Its true, I would probably call blaa a hacker if he killed me too, I just haven't had the opportunity yet :(

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
*open up console
*type players
*type ignore #
#- players number.

The best thing to do right there.

I know that I call people hackers all the time but I just do it to piss them off and make them play worse in the game.

dogbert

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »
Ignore it. people have called me a cheater for like 7 years. yet not one person has ever come forward with a demo or any proof that I'm cheating. I even offer demos to anyone who asks for them. You won't get banned if you aren't cheating.

dogbert

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 01:46:54 PM »
PS - that's what you get for playing pub. I play pub for 5 minutes and am accused of 15 different hacks. People even say I jump hack because I can clear the walls in blitz. lmfao. Pub server newbies will always cry. Nothing you can do but ignore.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:56:25 PM »
do what i did, set the chat time (like how long it's displayed) to one second, you can't even read it unless you open console. i also have my hud set to 1 so it's small chat that clears very fast

UBERKASZTAN

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »
every game in on the net have those kind of players   "cheater" "hacker" "you n00b"   i think the longer you play the more you ignore ^^

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 04:36:17 PM »
I'd suggest going to this thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5060.0

And putting in a vote for client side word filtering.  Then you can put all the annoying things people say (hax, newbie, cheater, etc.) in the filter and not even have to see them anymore.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
I get called a hacker everytime cause I am extremely good.

But seriously, just ignore them. Take it as a compliment.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »
lmfao i can see that filter being funny, some nooby screaming hacker hax w/e and the other guy seeing something like NICE SHOT, or YOU ROCK!

dogbert

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
I'd suggest going to this thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5060.0

And putting in a vote for client side word filtering.  Then you can put all the annoying things people say (hax, newbie, cheater, etc.) in the filter and not even have to see them anymore.

Nah. That's just merry. Like what you did here on the forum.

dogbert

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:57 PM »
^ case and point

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 08:42:12 PM »
The clan I'm in .Ij. has been accused of hacking for so long ive just began to ignore all of them it doesn't bother me anymore cause I no that we dont have hacks thats all that matters.. So just do what I do IGNORE them

a7x

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 08:22:52 PM »
i have played with some members of ij. They were good...too good  :o HACKERS....no jp
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 12:04:03 PM by a7x »