Author Topic: life after death?  (Read 5828 times)

stacy

• PGP
life after death?
« on: May 06, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »
what do you think?

lekky

• Autococker
Re: life after death?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »
respawn ftw.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
respawn ftw.
MADE MY DAY!!!! Giving you a [+].. LOL

edit:
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 730 hours.
  :'( :'( :'(

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:37:52 AM »
* KnacK tosses lekky a med kit

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
One life...no respawn...game over.

I feel there may be a higher power, a creator if you will, albeit not so much a divine figure.
Too many innocent people suffer and die for this biblical God to exist straight up. Also too many religions. They can't all be right.
Oh let's not go there.

We're either a lab creation (our god is a science geek!), or an accident.
And I believe there is an enormous amount of other life throughout the universe.

I also understand that humans can not fathom the thought of there being a simple end to one's life. It's hard to swallow. It's the deep thought of where we came from, where we're going, and a little bit of population control mixed in, that is the reason for the existence of religion.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »
I feel that when you pass away, you come back as just another human, but have no recollection of past life.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »
Chemical breakdown in your brain, an REM like hallucination that can take place in a split second and yet last an eternity played out to your mind.
Just my idea.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
ok to be serious.

I don't believe in life after death. We are just another example of science, and that is all. I have no qualms with people following a religion or a belief it that helps them to give meaning to their life and guide them because life really can be a female dog, and a little helping hand is good once in a while (I do have a problem with people who base certain actions on religion, but thats for another thread).

The way i think about life is that we are extremely lucky to be able to communicate, think, feel, cry, smile, love, learn, remember. We have a limited amount of time on Earth and we should try and live life to the full with the aim of maximising that smile on your face and on others.

When we die we die, lets try and spend the time we have before that happens having some fun :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
Of course there's life after death...

... it just may not be your own.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »
After death, there will be worms...

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 03:36:38 PM »
yes lekky we are extremely lucky to communicate, think, feel, cry, smile, love, learn, remember... ::)

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 12:27:41 AM »
I am a Christian who believes in life after death for those who trust Christ. I believe the wicked will be destroyed (not burn forever mind you, but pass away).

Here is a discussion of the biblical texts regarding hell that I drew up.

http://ankite.homestead.com/files/immortality.pdf%5C

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 01:36:47 AM »
ARE YOU A GODS WARRIOR. DP IS UNGODLY

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 08:14:31 AM »
Before anyone slams him, m7feettall is merely stating an opinion like everyone else, whether or not you think he's right, he has just as much as an argument as anyone else, considering none of us has died and knows for sure.

So you can give him crap about being 'ungodly' for playing DP or whatever, but it just shows how ignorant you are.

On forums where most people consider themselves 'intellectuals' religion-based arguments usually get written of as ignorant, by ironically, ignorant people.

On topic:
They say you can rest when you're dead... If there is an afterlife, there's no rest.  I'm kind of hoping it's like a deep sleep, for eternity.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 09:18:50 AM »
I'm kind of hoping it's like a deep sleep, for eternity.
...and if it's some kind of sleep, somethings/-ones gonna wake you somewhen?! =P

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »
There may be a God.
There may be a heaven and a hell.
But religion, and more over, the politics of religion is complete crap.

There are many religions. ALL OF THEM CANNOT BE RIGHT.

Religion IS a means of controlling the destructive nature of man.
And man is drawn to religion because of his fear of the unknown, what happens after death, and his failure to be able to grasp that death could be the end, that existence could simply cease.

FACE IT...YOUR RELIGION IS ONE OF MANY AND STATISTICALLY IT IS PROBABLY THE WRONG ONE.
But if it helps you make it through life then you should stick to it. Just don't throw it up in my face.

Jehovah's Witness' are a CULT. And no JW will post here and argue because they are NOT ALLOWED TO or they will be disfellowshipped.
Disfellowship is the JW way of KILLING YOU. It says it in their bylaws. Under the JW cult they would kill you for breaking the rules, but since they legally can't they disfellowship you instead. THAT MEANS that if you were disfellowshipped and on fire, and a JW was next to you with a hose, THEY MUST ignore your existence and go on their way while you burn and die in your fire. WHAT A WONDERFUL GOD THOSE JAHOVA'S WITNESS' HAVE!

If you're a Jahova's Witness, and you are reading this, I PITY YOU. YOUR ARE A FOOL.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »
Got that load of emotions out finally. :P
Learned something new/sad from it.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »
But if it helps you make it through life then you should stick to it. Just don't throw it up in my face.
If that's what you feel, and I agree with you, then stick with it... Don't call out and mock Jehovah's Witnesses... I say we should just let everyone be.  This is a country of free-religion, not free of religion.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
Yeah that post is kinda funny S8NSSON.

You just did what you're telling others not to do to you :/

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »
Hmmm, just for the sake of argument...

2 + 2 = ?

There are many numbers. ALL OF THEM CANNOT BE RIGHT.

FACE IT...YOUR SOLUTION IS ONE OF MANY AND STATISTICALLY IT IS PROBABLY THE WRONG ONE.