Author Topic: AMD64/PPC Linux/FreeBSD users..  (Read 1291 times)

Phenax

• PGP
AMD64/PPC Linux/FreeBSD users..
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:58:24 PM »
I'm just curious about some things.

[1] How do you build the game library.. There doesn't seem to be an option in the Makefile for that.

[2] Are we just plain out of luck.. I'd rather not be banned for using 'modified content' (AKA, x86_64 custom built client) -- should I even go any further?

And no, I'm not going to install x86 emulation libraries and enable x86 emulation in-kernel.

Thanks,
Phenax.

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: AMD64/PPC Linux/FreeBSD users..
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 12:06:09 AM »
1. I don't think Jitspoe has that part GPL yet, and there's the whole cheating thing which may prevent it's source from being released.
2. PPC, probably. AMD64, I run it fine with some lib32's. You can request proper PPC and AMD64 support in the 2007 requests thread, I know that 64-bit is already in there once for something. Jitspoe probably doesn't have AMD64 or PPC to work with, but I'm sure we can drag a dev into it who he can trust, I don't think he'd be willing to lend me the source though since I hax.

Phenax

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 12:14:09 AM »
Yeah. I've already requested that in the thread.

Well, I didn't know the actual game code wasn't GPL'd (And I doubt it has any plans to be GPL'd considering how cheat-weary the developers are).. that answers both of my question sufficiently.

Thanks,
Phenax

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »
Well, I added myself to your request in that thread, so I hope that helps push it.