Author Topic: a friends list maybe?  (Read 4499 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
a friends list maybe?
« on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
i was thinking maybe you could add like a friends list in the game so that u can keep track of whos on and all that and like send them personal messages. oh and maybe like an ingame voicechat thing for ppl that hav mics and all that so they can quickly give directions to their teammates instead of having to type the whole thing out.

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: a friends list maybe?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »
i was thinking maybe you could add like a friends list in the game so that u can keep track of whos on and all that and like send them personal messages. oh and maybe like an ingame voicechat thing for ppl that hav mics and all that so they can quickly give directions to their teammates instead of having to type the whole thing out.

Someone put it best when they said. "VOIP?  So you want to hear the 12-year-olds your playing against call you a newb and a racial slur?"
And honestly, a friends list?  It's more feasible now more than ever because of the Global Login, but when we have less then 50 servers, how is a friends list necesary, or better than xfire?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »
well i dont like to use xfire cuz it slows my comp down and gives me lag... alot

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »
I USE XFIRE!!!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 12:31:50 PM »
What ever happened to that thread with all those xfire username in it?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »
What ever happened to that thread with all those xfire username in it?

It's certainly not hanging out in the search results.  Is it just everyone's xfire names?

Edit:
I USE XFIRE!!!
Haha, Brian you're awesome.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
Yea, I think so. It must have been in that one month of lost posts back, what was it, December?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »
Yea, I think so. It must have been in that one month of lost posts back, what was it, December?

Ah, ok.
See my post in the feature request thread.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
well i dont like to use xfire cuz it slows my comp down and gives me lag... alot
Shut off the in-game chat option.  I think you have to do it on a per-game basis.  I had to do it for FEAR, but it doesn't seem to have much of a negative impact on other games.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
hhmm ill try that thank jits

wade

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 06:11:56 AM »
i use xfire too but a friends list would be nice

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
how does xfire work... I have it but I dont think members of my clan do... Right now its just a window with an empty friends list. someone told me to download it?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 08:27:15 AM »
Now you ask your friends their usernames and you add them to your friends list.

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »
No its not that empty I have like 2 people but I only downloaded it because they didnt have IRC... But now we made a requirement that you need to have IRC to join my clan...

...My question is whether or not its worth it to have my clan use and download Xfire, whats it do exactly?

-<VQ>BliZz

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 08:35:48 AM »
The only usefull thing xfire has that IRC doesnt is that you can see what your friends are playing and on wich server.
I think IRC is a must for a clan...no arm to have xfire too though

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »
haha ok... and most people dont know about ServerBrowser... its in the paintball2.0 folder and it shows you exactly who is playing in what server... Its really helpful if youre trying to find someone to play with from your clan or trying to find the little booger who was talking smack before so you can go pwn him

-<VQ>BliZz

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 08:58:53 AM »
The only usefull thing xfire has that IRC doesnt is that you can see what your friends are playing and on wich server.
I think IRC is a must for a clan...no arm to have xfire too though

um mag if i recall i remember seeing a xfire addon for mirc where it told u all the info that xfire would but on irc so im pretty sure u could get that info i forgot where i see it