Author Topic: CAPO  (Read 2078 times)

capo

• VM-68
CAPO
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:13:20 PM »
this topic is basically pointless...

but for some of you who know me...I'll be back to playing digital paintball 2 tomorrow :)

eh i downgraded to XP from VISTA...

vista is like a nightmare

but yea...

I'm gonna be bringin MVP back

opening up an IRC channel and server again.

and if im up to it....maybe a webpage...i'll see though

and thats pretty much it!

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: CAPO
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »
Welcome back.

Out of curiosity how much did you pay to get XP?

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:51:09 PM »
how, specifically, is vista a nightmare? i'd like to know...

don't know you, but looks like you're quite the contributor.
is MVP a clan?
what kind of webpage are you thinking of? clan?

just curious ... sounds interesting.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »
thanks kilo :)

but i got it for free from the guy across the street lol. He had a copy and let me use it. But i seen on the shelves that they were around $80-90.

don't know you, but looks like you're quite the contributor.
is MVP a clan?
what kind of webpage are you thinking of? clan?

just curious ... sounds interesting.

hence i used it as a metaphor but it's not as good as windows XP or any others. Ever since i had it my OpenGL was not good for graphics on gaming. And my Sound card driver wasnt good enough for what i do. Its not the drivers though...It's vista itself:(. I recommend you dont use it. People say you should wait a year before getting it. Everyone i've mentioned vista to doesn't like it at all!.
And MVP was a clan. I was the leader but then i got vista and no longer could play so it eventually died out but im going to bring it back. And the web page will be a clan page for the clan. BIOS, FORUMS, ABOUT THE CLAN, MATCH DATES, WINS-LOSSES, etc. etc.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:16:06 PM »

In college I was in a higher-level computer class, and because of that, I got into the MSDN AA program. So I get an email on day from Micro$oft with a link to download a bunch of full-version software, one of those being Vista. I then continue to download and install Vista. I found out that even though my laptop was "Vista compatible" (it had the "Vista ready" sticker") I had to upgrade my bios before I could even install it. Once I finaly got it installed many things went wrong. My CD drive didn't work, my video card didn't work (it went to 640x480), my VPN software for my school (supposedly made for Vista) refused to work, I got the BSOD the day after I installed it (got it a total of ~4 times in two weeks), and to top things off OpenGL was nowhere to be found. After about three weeks of that nightmare, I re-installed XP, and get this: it works!

I could go off on a long long tangent on Vista, but I won't stray from the topic more.

*** Back on topic ***
Welcome back Capo!

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »
right, sorry to make you go too off-topic. but that's all quite interesting. i personally don't know when i'll have to upgrade to vista, but i'm staying with xp until it's absolutely necessary to switch.
it's not that i haven't heard vista horror stories, but i'm always eager to hear more about why i shouldn't be interested in it. :)

so ya, welcome back capo! congrats on getting to play the game again.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »
Vista worked fine, installed fine, everything fine here. I just prefer XP. A lot.
if you 'have' to upgrade to Vista, install it ALONGSIDE XP. Even if you buy the 'Upgrade' CD, you don't have to overwrite XP. If anyone would like the full list of stuff I did, PM me or something. :P

Rav3n

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 06:38:46 PM »
this topic is basically pointless...

but for some of you who know me...I'll be back to playing digital paintball 2 tomorrow :)

eh i downgraded to XP from VISTA...

vista is like a nightmare

but yea...

I'm gonna be bringin MVP back

opening up an IRC channel and server again.

and if im up to it....maybe a webpage...i'll see though

and thats pretty much it!

good to see you again  ;D

SmPeR

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 04:03:49 AM »
i love you capo.. and i know you love me so dont hide it anymore <3!!!!!..j/k