Author Topic: Introducing The EuroPaint Cup Series  (Read 3532 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Introducing The EuroPaint Cup Series
« on: June 24, 2007, 05:10:29 AM »
Hi all, I'd like to announce a new Paintball2 Cup Competition brought to you by a partnership between clan [QeHs] and DPger. The EuroPaint Cup Series will consist of a number of 2v2 double-elimination tournaments, with each individual Cup tournament scheduled over 1 day. The first tournament will take place on Sunday 1st July 2007 at 16:00 BST. Please note that this tournament is open to anyone, however all matches will be played on European servers.

Each team may have up to 4 members, of which only 2 may play at any one time. Each match will last for 10 minutes, with each team allowed 1 observer in the server at any one time. Substitutions can take place at the end of any round, but substitutes are not allowed to join a team until the player they are replacing has left the team and joined observer. Every player is required to be using b18 or later, and must be logged into their account to enter a server and participate in a match. We also require every member of the team to record the whole match (servers are auto-recorded) as well as taking a screenshot at the end of every match. The map list for the tournament will be released publically on Wednesday 27th June 2007.

In order to register your team for this tournament please visit the Official EuroPaint website and sign up. Registrations will close at 00:00 BST Sunday 1st July 2007. There is a limit of 16 teams for the first tournament, so to ensure your team secures a place please register early. Any teams that register, then realise they cannot play in the tournament must inform the EuroPaint administration as soon as possible, as any team that registers then does not turn up for the tournament on the day will be in breach of rule 4.4 and may be subsequently banned from future tournaments.

As mentioned above, the first tournament is scheduled for Sunday 1st July 2007 at 16:00 BST. At least one representative from each team must be present on irc (#europaint) at this time and will be required to idle in the channel for the duration of the tournament. We have a dedicated irc channel (#europaint.scores on irc.gg-center.net) to report the scores of each match in real-time. We estimate that the tournament will be finished by Sunday 1st July 2007 at 21:00 BST, so please ensure that you and your team members can commit to that time period before you register.

The list of rules for the tournament are available at www.europaint.eu, please ensure you read and understand the rules before the tournament begins, as not knowing the rules is no excuse for not following them (see rule 1.6).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself or another member of the EuroPaint administration team. You may contact us in any of the following methods:

- Email
 - lekky@europaint.eu
 - pure@europaint.eu
- Irc
 - #europaint on irc.gg-center.net
 - #europaint on irc.quakenet.net
- Website at www.europaint.eu   

ps. if you have trouble logging in, please use this alternative link http://league.indiereview.co.uk/league/index.php

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Introducing The EuroPaint Cup Series
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:20:27 AM »
So is this Euro only? If so how on earth will you get 16 teams?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 05:21:42 AM »
Please note that this tournament is open to anyone, however all matches will be played on European servers.

Clockwork

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:08:09 AM »
Just because I suck at time zones, can you tell me what time the first match is in Australian eastern standard times??? Would be greatly appreciated.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 01:14:43 AM »
01AM (next day)

I took Melbourne time, i think thats ok.

Clockwork

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:51:55 AM »
Melbourne times cool, thanks.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »
Alright,

Team ch1ll has succesfully registered and is gladly waiting for the cup to begin :) .

wade

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 04:28:09 AM »
booo euro servers!

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 05:02:18 AM »
booo euro servers!
booo american servers!

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »
The maplist has been released. Full details can be found at www.EuroPaint.eu:

a - Rome
b - Fusionr
c - Gladiator
d - Propaint2
e - Newbie
f - Shazam22
g - Junkyard
h - temple22
i - CarbineWarz

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »
that's a gross list...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:50:45 AM »
We tried to pick maps that were not generally used in pubs, but still had a good amount of 2v2 playability.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:00:56 AM »
and as mapchoice is given through elimination, you'll have to play your #1 favourite to #5 favourite out of those 9 maps each time, shouldn't be too bad for anyone...

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
Well chosen maplist and neat server settings. =]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 03:35:21 PM »
Gladiator and carbinewarz aren't even finished, are they?  Last I checked they were still in the beta stage.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 03:45:57 PM »
Gladiator is, but Carbinewarz?
nevertheless, they have proven to be (gladiator) and seem to be (Carbinewarz) good maps for 2v2 matches :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
I think carbinewarz has a ladder that doesn't work and some inconsistent lighting in the different bases.

And where is the final version of gladiator?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
ive never even heard of carbine wars :'(

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 04:14:41 AM »
I meant "Gladiator is (still in beta)" ;)
I thought CarbineWars was completed.  Maybe not, but why would that keep us from playing it?

Ace: there are links to download the maps on www.europaint.eu

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 08:40:15 AM »
First round Matches are as follows:

Str8 v OTB
5P v kdt
XI v MeMi2
czs v hC
btf v dark
j4f  v Opi!
ch1ll v LC
187 v kuc

You can follow the tournament from the website (www.europaint.eu) and at irc.gg-center.net in the channels #europaint and #europaint.scores. Real time scores will be broadcast in the #europaint.scores channel.

Finally Good Luck to all teams taking part in the first instalment of the EuropPaint Cup Series!