Author Topic: Digital Paintball dieing?  (Read 11571 times)

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: Digital Paintball dieing?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:49:32 PM »
I dont think the game is dieing though...

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 09:07:05 PM »
Ok... well then there are tons of noobs playing and very few experienced players matching with clans. So the clan scene seems to be... dead

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 10:26:57 PM »
Ok... well then there are tons of noobs playing and very few experienced players matching with clans. So the clan scene seems to be... dead

eh speaking of clans.......there are to MANY noob clans that die too soon....i think they flood the rooms then just die off...none are even experienced enough to even start one but o well. 

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 11:36:56 PM »
The game isnt close to dying dont worrt there are thousands of newbs out there. Ill admit dp is not what it once was (7 years ago) but its not going to die. The older community is fading away now but the new is comming.

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 01:02:46 AM »
I think that DuDe is talking about the clan scene.  Well the American clan scene I don't know how well the Euro one is doing.  Seems like there are fewer and fewer clans to match these days. :\

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 02:38:36 AM »
So would cups resolve that issue (in that way less experience clans can learn from better)?

And btw, calling new people and clans noobs just turn them off from the game. Even when it´s just trashtalking.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 08:32:55 AM »
I didnt mean it like that... im just saying there are alot of people out there comming.. ive played this game since i was a kid ive seen people come and people go the majority of my age group is going to college or have full time jobs now.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:14:58 AM by P!nk »

zeusij

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »
there needs to be an active competition ladder... that would definatly pump some life back into the community. Possibly OGL (ogl.org)?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
By the topic title and being in "Other Stuff", I thought you were referring to the Half-Life mod.  Paintball2, though?  No.  Not by a long shot.  I just checked the server list, and right now there are about 8 servers with 10 or more people playing.  Even on a good day back when it used to be a Quake2 mod, I don't think we had that kind of server population.  Also, there are over 7000 registered accounts for the global login system and it hasn't even gone "live" yet.

I'm going to move this thread since it is legitimate discussion.

there needs to be an active competition ladder... that would definatly pump some life back into the community. Possibly OGL (ogl.org)?
At some point, I would like to tie a clan record and ranking system into the global login system, where accurate records of clan matches are kept, and clans can't just make them up.

JKM

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 05:27:53 PM »
Well maybe we'd see more people playing if we played in the pubs and not just sit around on irc waiting for a match comon youre never too good to play in a pub, because when people want to start playing and there is nobody on servers and say there is a couple full servers nobody joins a server and waits for people to come... and we need a server like rage's old one. i remember back when i first started, my cousin set it up for me (Major, thanks cuz) and everything and there would always be people playing on ubciliff for me to practice with and thats what hooked me. people always playing. thats what we need more of, people playing pubs.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
pubs are always good to put a beat down in.....then u play a private with the CC, ***, or 20id players, then u know u still suck haha

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:11:26 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »
well thats good for me ...... i dont have to get brutally beatin down by 20id members......i nver got to play against digi  :'(

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
DuDe is just being silly...
What a guy!

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 07:31:45 PM »
well...if the better players did play in pubs more often, it would cause the newbs (notice how i spell newbs) to get better. i think that in today's pubbing, you can only be a certain level of "pro" since you're not facing that good of competition. it might be boring for some of you, but it would be better in the long run...=/

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 08:02:39 PM »
ya thats it anarchy......its all true....im good in a pub usually......depends on map but ya i dont play against good people enough.....havent gotten any better in a long time....dont know how to improve i guess

PainKe

• Stingray
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2007, 02:29:08 AM »
Maybe we should get more players here by adding banners, spots or other things like this to known sites. Imagine you search for "paintball" at google and Dp is the 1st link!

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »
LoL Termin8oR

Brewsky

• Stingray
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 04:00:14 PM »
Probably the only thing i'll continue doing related to this game is mapping. Mainly because Tait's been in Europe for the past two months drawing maps while he's traveling on train between countries. Plus I get a lot more out of mapping than anything to do with this game. However I think I'm done matching and playing pub. And to my knowledge, most of the 20ID members are feeling the same way.

A crying shame... moving on...

This game has "died" about 10 times since I started playing it about 8 years ago. It's all cyclical. There is a lull in clan activity currently, but as far as server activity is concerned I have never seen this many new people trying the game, which can only lead to more clans. Most of them refuse to match the more prominent teams, or don't even know about IRC. Building the active population and number of clans could be as simple as spreading the word about IRC on pball servers.