Author Topic: Cheat by Disconnect  (Read 16074 times)

Brewsky

• Stingray
Cheat by Disconnect
« on: July 01, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »
I'm not posting this for a flame-fest, more for awareness and to maybe request a possible solution.

About a week ago, Allstarz was matching iJ. On the tie map, a 1v1 situation occured with both remaining players in possession of the other team's flag. The players passed each other and went to swap cap points. Jigsaw from team iJ capped first and immediatly disconnected, ending the round. This forced Allstarz into a 3 point gain instead of 5 from capping. It was a blatent disconnect (Jigsaw reconnected immediatly saying "OOPS!"), and as a team we decided was cheating, and immediatly left the server. I would like opinions on what other people think. I also would like to know if there are any possible solutions/settings that could prevent this from happening in the future.

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
Re: Cheat by Disconnect
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »
They should be legal however punishable... maybe after they disconnect have some sort of reward for the screwed over team... ie 2 shot kill or dont let that disconnected player play the next round... it could work? im not sure

-<VQ>BliZz

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 04:17:27 PM »
Don't match Ij, or any clan with Jigsaw in. Problem solved. (Although the amount of spoofing Jigsaw does this may not be a viable solution).

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
Brewsky,

I totally agree with you. It's a cheap tactic but what do you expect from ij.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 06:20:42 PM »
Oh my looks like Jigsaw needs to work on his sportsman ship.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »
I've played him before....he wasn't that good...I had like 10 more kills than him at the end of the round...but I guess that is sorta cheating cuz he didn't play the game how it's suppose to be play.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
They have pulled that disconnect tactic for quite a while now.  I remember playing them on Carpathian and they disconnected about 5 times when we had easy caps.  It didn't bother me really, just made me laugh considering we still won by a huge margin.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 07:20:25 PM »
Yep, they've done it a ton of times with 20ID/eR33t... ij is a joke, but that's old news.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »
I think it deserves a one week global ban. Its THAT lame.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 07:43:17 PM »
No, what needs to happen is that no other clans need to match ij. THAT would fix the problem.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 08:12:30 PM »
What would fix the problem would be, make a server and get everyone in and then put a password on the server so no one knows what it is....Thats if you can put a password on after everyone has joined the game.Then if jigsaw or whome ever tries this wont be able to get back into the game, thus the other clan loses a player.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 08:20:32 PM »
It doesn't matter. Jigsaw got busted for having a half ounce of weed and his bong. So we probably won't see him for a while.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
Are you sad?  This excrement happens every day.  Just the fact that you put my name there doesn't mean anything, if I came here and named all the people who have d/c'd in matches we've played in, it'd be a good list.

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 08:28:03 PM »
KiLo... honestly lol I dont think that was necessary... If that is true than I dont think you need to exploit it to the whole community to have them think less of Ij than they already do... I think Jigsaw would do it himself if he wanted everyone to know that kind of info... w.e im not stickin up for him, he knows hes a former hacker and not very well liked by everyone but still

-<VQ>BliZz

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 08:29:51 PM »
Jig is talking about it on IRC right now so I really don't think he cares.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 08:33:15 PM »
A lot of people love me.  A lot of people don't, I don't care what anyone in an internet game thinks about me.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 09:06:05 PM »
I like the idea of a lock_server command.

EDIT:
But Jigsaw, no one really respects you.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 09:58:39 PM »
Yeah Jigsaw...I've played you in normal servers and your not that good...so the only way you can actually stand a chance in a match is by disconnectiing and saying it was an "accident"

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 10:31:42 PM »
    First I would like to apologize to Starz for what JiGSaW did.  We don't know why he did it.  It wasn't like we were on TeamSpeak saying "Reconnect FTW", because we weren't.  What he did was all on himself and I do believe he was high that night.  Which would explain some of it. 
    To Olbaid, why would you complain about it?  We knew we were going to lose so we decided to have some fun.  You won by a lot and you went home happy.  I also don't get why everyone has to point the gun at us.  We have seen many people reconnect in matches and we don't come whining on the forums. 
    Also 20id, since your talking about sportsmanship.  I liked how you spammed for five minutes strait, as in nonstop, not even while playing.  That, I must say just makes you look so good and very professional, and then you insult us.  Once again the people complain about stuff other people do but find that it's right to do it to others.  The only people that should ever make a thread like this is the people that have never done anything that is disrespectfull, or shown bad sportsmanship in DP.  Which is VERY VERY few people, if any.  So I think you all need to grow up a little bit and accept the fact that you have wronged, so don't complain about people wronging you.  I'm not saying it should go back and forth like it does, but it's a fact of life.       
    Smokey, I would just like to ask why you are commenting?  Especially in a negative way like that.  You don't play that I know of and you don't contribute to the game that I know of.  You just find it necessary to go around flaming people for no apparent reason.  Maybe trouble at home, or a girl won't go out with you.  I don't know what your problems are, but please, don't take your anger and frustration out on others.  Get a therapist or something, maybe that would help you. 
    Red Blood98, I would like to point out that pub play and match play are two different things.  He hardly tries at all in pubs, and most of us don't either.  So if you have a clan or want to get one together with your friends, we would be happy to match you.  Maybe then you would see the other side of JiGSaW, and the rest of the clan.

I hope I at least kind of resolved some things with that.  I know everything will still probably be the same.  But, it can't hurt to try every now and then. 

HERE COME THE FLAME POSTS I CAN FEEL IT!!!!!

Which would just show how immature this community is.  :( (And yes I know I can act immature I admit it.  But it is not right and I know that.)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 10:35:49 PM »
FLAM
lolspelling

Anyway, decent post. When a member of your clan is giving your clan a bad name, that'd be a pretty good time to kick them out. Clans are represented by the players that are in them.

EDIT: Just re-read Smokey's post. What he said really wasn't any worse than what Knack said. No reason to single him out in this case.