Author Topic: A rather weird experience happened.  (Read 2257 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
A rather weird experience happened.
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »
I know some of you aren't too crazy about my topics; those of you moderators that aren't, you can delete them and I'll get the picture, it doesn't take banning ME for me to get the picture. If some of you don't like my topics, I appologize and hope you will ignore the ones that have my username on them.

Anyway, it's your choice to believe this, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, but I was playing dp and I saw this one guy that was running WAAAAAAAAAAAY fast!!! I wasn't even jumping at all, and I don't see how anyone could run that fast without hacking or jumping. This guy was running so fast, not even most of the pros could be accurate as far as aiming at him, he didn't shoot, but he didn't need to, he could grab our flag from his base in like 3 seconds. This was crazy and I only saw it happen once. His appearance was the same and his aim didn't seem to be altered. If that ISN'T considered hacking or cheating, which probably it is and should be, could you tell me how it is done? I forgot his username  :'(. Sorry if this topic displeased you.

Spook

• Autococker
Re: A rather weird experience happened.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:41:27 AM »
You needed to demo that, give us the time and server info, and then we could have banned him for speed hacking. Starting a topic like this was just stupid.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »
Next time:

Get name, server, time etc.  Like Spook said.  Also record a demo by typing record (demoname) in the console.
Then, post this with the following title "Speedhacker: (name of hacker)" in the Cheater Reports and Bans subsection of Paintball Discussion.

Thanks,
y00tz

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:47:37 AM »
So this really happens? I thought this was something that just happened to me that no one would ever believe, like the headless player. Thanks for the info, I'll do that next time I see some one really fast.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »
Check the cheater reports and bans forum.  There have been a lot of people caught (and banned) for speed cheats.  I'm not sure why it's been so popular lately.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »
kind of off topic for this...

is there a way to record a demo through someone else's first person view? If i understood the guide for reporting cheaters/hackers correctly, you HAVE to do that, but I may have misunderstood it saying through my fp view... if you know how to do it, please tell me.

i figured i would post in this topic because i was going to use it for the purpose of reporting this guy i keep seeing...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »
For speed cheats it doesn't really matter.  The first person requirement is more if you're accusing somebody of using a wallhack or aimbot so you can see what they see.  In order to do this, you just type camera (or hit p) and press the fire button to switch viewing modes.

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »
how old is play3r1?

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 06:44:34 PM »
For speed cheats it doesn't really matter.  The first person requirement is more if you're accusing somebody of using a wallhack or aimbot so you can see what they see.  In order to do this, you just type camera (or hit p) and press the fire button to switch viewing modes.
thanks. i knew how to use chasecam, i just didnt know how to switch to firstperson