Author Topic: DeW is not dead... K  (Read 3997 times)

^$hooter^

• Stingray
DeW is not dead... K
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:17:27 PM »
Now we had issues with our ex-leader gotmtdew, when he left the clan. He decided to use a current admin to retire the clan. Though he couldnt even do this right. So we are not dead, as bad as you want us to be were not, Im sorry were just not. So sorry to ruin your day. So were not dead k.

Though alot of the people I know that hate us have been in several clans in the last 4 months. Which is funny because DeW has been running very stable, with a few players that have left and gone.  Our core is still strong and intact. So keep wishing, I would tell you to keep wishing in one hand and... but Im going to be nice and dont want you to end up with a hand full of excretement.

Thanks,
^$hooter^ AkA Mike

Canada A

• PGP
Re: DeW is not dead... K
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:57:16 PM »
DeW is definately not dead.

Oh yeah. this is Canada A.

PainKe

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:00:31 AM »
Shouldn't this be in Clans, Matches, and Tournaments?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:53:35 AM »
You are dead to me and to any of the established clans because you do not come to irc.

^$hooter^

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »
Yeah sitting in IRC is about efficient at setting up matches as urinating on a house fire... This game is full of scrims, not matches. The matches mean jack, as Ive seen clans with of wins and no losses. We need to get this game on a ladder site and some leagues going if you want me to think your matching scene is alive. This way records are actually kept and pple cant deny losses.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:04:08 PM »
wow I'm so happy you're not dead. Why would anyone have a reason to hate you? Also, of course you're not dead, you have like 79 members.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 01:32:16 PM »
As skater's agent, I think DEW is the perfect fit for him once he gets unbanned. What do you say about a 1 year, 2 million dollar deal? You guys need a big name free agent.

^$hooter^

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
lol I dont exactly know why people hate us but they do. Not like I care what people on the internet think about me or us as a clan. We have done some roster pruning, so wre not quite that large anymore (which may be why were so hated).

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »
Yeah sitting in IRC is about efficient at setting up matches as urinating on a house fire... This game is full of scrims, not matches. The matches mean jack, as Ive seen clans with of wins and no losses. We need to get this game on a ladder site and some leagues going if you want me to think your matching scene is alive. This way records are actually kept and pple cant deny losses.

If you were on irc, you would see that this game is about matches, not scrims. However, not being on irc thus not integrating with the rest of the organised community, then yes, the game for you is full of scrims.

^$hooter^

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 03:14:09 PM »
who keeps the ranks and records...
all i get offered is scrims and what you call "matches". Just because a "match" is setup in irc, doesnt mean jack. It's no different than some one coming to the server going dew 4v4. Then we get the ip and password. How is that any different than spamming everyones irc channel with "match" 3v3. In my mind this game has very few matches. The only matches I have seen since coming into the game is with the upcoming tourney and europaint cup. I did try IRC for about a week, got alot of scrim offers. Going to a match server and passwording doesnt make it a match. That is what is considered a scrim. Matches happen on ladders and leagues where records and playoff berths happen.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »
What are you trying to say?
Being on IRC has only advantages....
On the other hand i'm pretty sure that on irc, you won't get a clan to 6v6 you on ub_cliff...(i've seen your demo against heat ;) )

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »
Your map was airtime on ice right? :P

I was more interested about what he was complaining about irc...didn't get it..

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »
Your map was airtime on ice right? :P

I was more interested about what he was complaining about irc...didn't get it..

Our map was razzle. you must not seen the other demo.

^$hooter^

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 06:49:11 PM »
That night rule asked me in the GT server, "Was he hacking during our match", like he was second guessing it. I should post the demos up just so people can see you guys whining. Our map was the sands.

I just dont like IRC. It looks like a crappy win 95 program, and if I'm not going to idle it, Im not going to require the other admins to either.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »
Shooter, IRC is not supposed to look good...It's very, very usefull....i'm serious.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »
You can make it look better, for example, here is mine.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
Here's how mine looks:

http://jitspoe.planetquake.gamespy.com/images/misc/mirc_bluish_misao3.gif

Really old screenshot, but it's still pretty similar.

Edit: And yes, I did design the DP site after my mIRC theme. ;D

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 03:01:20 AM »
who keeps the ranks and records...
all i get offered is scrims and what you call "matches". Just because a "match" is setup in irc, doesnt mean jack. It's no different than some one coming to the server going dew 4v4. Then we get the ip and password. How is that any different than spamming everyones irc channel with "match" 3v3. In my mind this game has very few matches. The only matches I have seen since coming into the game is with the upcoming tourney and europaint cup. I did try IRC for about a week, got alot of scrim offers. Going to a match server and passwording doesnt make it a match. That is what is considered a scrim. Matches happen on ladders and leagues where records and playoff berths happen.

www.clan-qehs.co.uk. Check out the matches section

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 05:40:59 AM »
Irc is pretty helpful shooter, but he does have a good point, a ranking, or ladder for clans, and individaul players on the DP site would not be a bad idea. Spook, are you using mozillachat's IRC?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 05:44:20 AM »
He is using mIRC with the noname script.