Author Topic: What does your name mean?  (Read 28356 times)

Cobo

• Autococker
What does your name mean?
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »
Post what your name means, and/or the origin of it :)

I'll start: Its my last name ;)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: What does your name mean?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »
Err... when I was new (and 12) I wanted to be ReAlLy KoOl so I thought up an aggressive name where i could puyt the i's lowercase (ViCiOUS). Then, when I finally realised that that was way overused anyway, I put a Z on it and changed the capitalisation. boooooring

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »
From My Cousin Vinnie

Vinny Gambini: It is possible that the two yutes...
Judge Chamberlain Haller: ...Ah, the two what? Uh... uh, what was that word?
Vinny Gambini: Uh... what word?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Two what?
Vinny Gambini: What?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Uh... did you say 'yutes'?
Vinny Gambini: Yeah, two yutes.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What is a yute?
[beat]
Vinny Gambini: Oh, excuse me, your honor...
[exaggerated]
Vinny Gambini: Two YOUTHS.

Adapted to my spelling for originality.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:55:33 PM »
Cobo, you're last name is hella weird.

Anyway, my name is Erich. My dad's name is Erich. My grandfather's name is Erich. That makes me Erich the Third. Since my family took to calling my dad (Erich Jr.) 'EJ', I became 'E3' to avoid confusion. Sometimes, when I'd sign family Christmas cards or something, I'd go all roman-numeral-y and sign it eIII. I can't even remember when I first used it, but it was well before I came across this game. Oh, and I dropped the capitalization on the III because it just looked dumb.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Well you see, my name is very complex. It means I skateboard.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 02:10:16 PM »
My name means nothing. Me and my friends all came up with a name that has one word that starts with an S, and one that starts with a W, for whatever reason. Thus I chose the words "Smack" and "Waters", forming SmackWaters. Some of the other names were SoggyWaffles and SaltyWhispers.

SmPeR

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 02:53:30 PM »
hahah salty whispers?..anywhoo my name used to be semper for semper fidelis (saying for the marines) and then i just shortened it to smper and it kinda just stuck

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »
Last name.
* magalhaes waits for jitspoe to post...

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »
When i was 6 or 7 me and my brother played n64 and playstation. When we had to make multiple accounts to keep our game data seperated he chose ghost... so i always wanted to be like my brother, so i chose Spook. It has stuck ever since, and all my games i use this name.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:35:30 PM »
um, it's the short form (or rather the nickname) of the name "matthias", which would be "mathew" in english speaking countries.
Though, in germany it's not the name that is also used in the bible, that'd be matthäus. But whatever :P

To make it simple:
Matthew -> Matt
Matthias -> Matze.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
I was watching highlander while Sprigger kept calling me a b00n.... lame.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »
Lol yours are so much more intresting this is mine:
I used to be called Death King here is the story...
My Bro (MB): What kind of a name is DeathKing anyways it is really weird.
Me: No it isn't it's cool.
MB: yeah right it really weird. and so I decided to look up a new name and I'm like hey DeathKing king of death hey Apocalypse is kind of like Death King that will be cool.
See boring lol.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 07:54:22 PM »
Does anyone remember the game called Chex Quest? It came in a box of, you guessed it, Chex cereal. It was a game where green goo aliens invaded some base on a planet somewhere (forget where exactly) and you had to 'zap' them back to their home. Well, the ammunition for this 'weapon' was called a "zorch". I thought about it for about a week, and concluded that it didn't sound complete. So I added "enhimer" on to the end of it making it "Zorchenhimer".

But wait, theres more! At college this past year I started to play this game, and my screen name was, naturally, Zorchenhimer. However my roommates didn't say it right. Instead they pronounced it "Zorkenhimer". Furthermore, they found it very time consuming to yell my name in-game so they shortened it to Zorch (pronounced "Zork"). Then one of my roommates decided to put the word "The" in front to make it "The Zork", mimicking "The Cheat" (from HomeStarRunner.com).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 07:55:08 PM »
The meaning of my name?  Ah, the solution to that puzzle is a puzzle in and of itself.

Edit: I thought this thread looked familiar.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
Does anyone remember the game called Chex Quest? It came in a box of, you guessed it, Chex cereal. It was a game where green goo aliens invaded some base on a planet somewhere (forget where exactly) and you had to 'zap' them back to their home. Well, the ammunition for this 'weapon' was called a "zorch". I thought about it for about a week, and concluded that it didn't sound complete. So I added "enhimer" on to the end of it making it "Zorchenhimer".

But wait, theres more! At college this past year I started to play this game, and my screen name was, naturally, Zorchenhimer. However my roommates didn't say it right. Instead they pronounced it "Zorkenhimer". Furthermore, they found it very time consuming to yell my name in-game so they shortened it to Zorch (pronounced "Zork"). Then one of my roommates decided to put the word "The" in front to make it "The Zork", mimicking "The Cheat" (from HomeStarRunner.com).

I think I may have a disk of that laying around somewhere. Wow, crazy.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
Ah, the solution to that puzzle is a puzzle in and of itself.

Always that annoying tip... :D

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »
If it is indeed a puzzle within itself, maybe you need to rearrange the letters of his name to make something conclusive and meaningful!

magalhaes

• Autococker

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 09:34:04 PM »

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:13:19 AM by P!nk »