Author Topic: Hey guys, im back. With an idea! And a couple of maps  (Read 3508 times)

Silly

• 68 Carbine
Hey guys, im back. With an idea! And a couple of maps
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:20:47 AM »
Hey guys, some of you proably don't remember me, but that doesn't matter.

I made a map called "Boxed" And I'm going to be releasing "Boxed 2". Now, I'm a little rusty at the whole mapping part, mainly because i haven't done it for a few months. So, your gonna have to bear with me :P.

Anyway, updates will be posted in this thread

I also have some of the Jump Maps that i made earlier, that some people found to be fun.

Super High Jump (a favorite)

http://www.savefile.com/files/565090

Jumping Practise 1

http://www.savefile.com/files/957095

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Hey guys, im back. With an idea! And a couple of maps
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:40:57 AM »
Welcome back Silly :D  I was worried that we would never see your mapping skills again :D  I can't wait for Boxed 2, Boxed was the first map I extensively beta tested... I also learned how to jump on the map.

As for the jump maps you posted... expect a lot of people to say "Paintball is not a jump mod!"  People are getting irked with the jump maps :P

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:42:36 AM »
Paintball is not a jump mod!

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:04:08 AM »
Paintball is not a jump mod!
2nded ;D

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
AS YOUR ELECTED COMMITTEE MEMBER I WILL WORK TO PASS LEGISLATION BANNING JUMP STYLE MAPS FROM DP.

unless it will cost me votes taking that stance whereas I will change my tune and work towards turning DP into another jump mod

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »
AS YOUR ELECTED COMMITTEE MEMBER I WILL WORK TO PASS LEGISLATION BANNING JUMP STYLE MAPS FROM DP.

unless it will cost me votes taking that stance whereas I will change my tune and work towards turning DP into another jump mod
Don't ask Silly.
Nice to see you back :)

Corporal Perez

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
People should be allowed to play on jump maps if they want on Paintball. So saying "Paintball is not a jump mod!" Isn't going to do anything...

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »
People should be allowed to play on jump maps if they want on Paintball. So saying "Paintball is not a jump mod!" Isn't going to do anything...
u are able to play jump maps on dp the only thing is that most people think and hate jump maps being played but i have something in my mind that is asking me a lot so here it goes for u people who say dp isn't a jumping mod cough* kilo,knack*cough which we all know it isn't what is dp without double jumping circle jumping ladder jumps strafing and all of the other types of jumping without these kind of jumping motions dp would be like the reg digital paintball truepaint and all of the other type of paintball mods i like dp cause of its original design and features its the only paintball mod that i know where u can do all these weird jumps only mod i  know that where to be a mapper u have to kno the physics and what not of game play cuz if u don't understand strafing builds up speed and 2 boxes near each other can make u get more height then u cant map for this type of game play mod i rest my case and go that of my shoulders

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:53:36 AM by Kaos »

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 10:06:03 PM »
I think my brain imploded somewhere between the second or third or fourth or fifth or sixth or seventh sentence.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 01:52:07 AM »
if i were y00tz i would do add some stuff to kaos`s post:
,,,,,....,,,,,,,,......,,,,,,,,,......,,,,,,,,,........,,,,,,,,,........,,,,,,,,

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 06:22:11 AM »
grr I hate being taken out of context.

I will say it again: DP is not a jump mod, that's why god created jump quake, or whatever it's called.

Yes, jumping is a large part of playing DP but it is not its focus nor what the game play was designed to be focused on.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:14:30 AM »
I think my brain imploded somewhere between the second or third or fourth or fifth or sixth or seventh sentence.
There was two sentences..... mine exploded after the first line.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 11:38:28 AM »
Yes, jumping is a large part of playing DP but it is not its focus nor what the game play was designed to be focused on.
I know that dp isn't made to be focused on jump maps seriously. I see people playing jumps maps as like people playing surf maps on counter strike source. It wasn't made by valve for people just to surf on maps and stuff even though this exp is different. all i can really say is jumps maps = jump practice = better jumps = new ways to move around the map

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 11:40:27 AM »
kaos,

One more posting of a run on sentence and you won't like the results, OK?

make your posts readable please.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »
make your posts readable please.
done hope u can read now