Author Topic: BOOO AT&T...Props to T-Mobile...  (Read 2245 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
BOOO AT&T...Props to T-Mobile...
« on: August 10, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »
Just a minute ago I was out talking with a co-worker that just had his house burn slap to the ground July 27th.

He tells me that his long distance (AT&T) bill is due on the 28th. He calls AT&T to cancel long distance on the 30th. With everything going on that's the earliest date he could get around to it. AT&T informs him that he will be charged for the month of August because he waited till the 30th to call. So he argues for a bit and finally tells the person on the phone "FINE, I need my long distance reinstalled then, send someone over to my house and reinstall service." The person says they can't do that because the house is burnt down. He say "RIGHT, so how are you going to charge me for service I can't possible have?" They finally ended up not charging him and canceling his long distance service.

AT&T you should be ashamed!!!

So, now, get this...
Since his house burned down him and his girlfriend can only use their cell phones to communicate. He checks his account and finds he only has 200 hours remaining for August, and August isn't even half over. So he calls T-Mobile to try to audit his hours and see if there was a mistake. The person tells him there is no obvious mistake. He say "I didn't think so, but I had to check." "My house burnt down July 27 and our cells are all we have." The person immediately asks him to hold on for a minute. The person comes back less than a minute later and tell him T-Mobile is going to give both of there phone 400 bonus minutes each that will automatically rollover indefinitely.

THAT'S KICK ASS. Didn't ask, nothing. Just mentioned his situation and they instantly offered that to him. There is hope in this world!

bitmate

• Autococker
Re: BOOO AT&T...Props to T-Mobile...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
T-Mobile > *

Germun Providerz For Teh Winz.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:09:13 AM by P!nk »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »
he only has 200 hours remaining for August

...you mean 200 minutes? 200 hours is a looong time.

[GT]Snipen

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 01:56:47 PM »
Doesn't Loial work for AT&T?  :-X

Enough Said

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:03:39 PM »
D'OH!

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »
Wow, that's pretty awesome Keith.

I've always had such bad luck with AT&T on my cell phones and my DSL... I think I may check T-Mobile out when I get my new BBerry

ARGH y00tzisms!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:39:24 PM by y00tz »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »

<3 T-Mobile.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »
Just a minute ago I was out talking with a co-worker that just had his house burn slap to the ground July 27th.

He tells me that his long distance (AT&T) bill is due on the 28th. He calls AT&T to cancel long distance on the 30th. With everything going on that's the earliest date he could get around to it. AT&T informs him that he will be charged for the month of August because he waited till the 30th to call. So he argues for a bit and finally tells the person on the phone "FINE, I need my long distance reinstalled then, send someone over to my house and reinstall service." The person says they can't do that because the house is burnt down. He say "RIGHT, so how are you going to charge me for service I can't possible have?" They finally ended up not charging him and canceling his long distance service.

AT&T you should be ashamed!!!

So, now, get this...
Since his house burned down him and his girlfriend can only use their cell phones to communicate. He checks his account and finds he only has 200 hours remaining for August, and August isn't even half over. So he calls T-Mobile to try to audit his hours and see if there was a mistake. The person tells him there is no obvious mistake. He say "I didn't think so, but I had to check." "My house burnt down July 27 and our cells are all we have." The person immediately asks him to hold on for a minute. The person comes back less than a minute later and tell him T-Mobile is going to give both of there phone 400 bonus minutes each that will automatically rollover indefinitely.

THAT'S KICK ASS. Didn't ask, nothing. Just mentioned his situation and they instantly offered that to him. There is hope in this world!
I can personally correct this with one phone call.

Just ask...
You know my linage and thier pull. If you dont ask. ATT is SBC which compaired to reliability not customer satisfaction is superior

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 03:01:46 AM »
Yeah, I´we worked in T-Mobile Customer Service Croatia for some time. Although i prefer other networks I must say that customer satisfaction is one of the top priorities there.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »
Verizon ftw.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »
I've used T-Mobile for a long time, but I switched to AT&T because I could get a phone for $ -100 (no typo).

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »
I've been with T-Mobile for about 5 years. They gave me a free phone when I accidentally dropped mine in a water puddle. It wasn't the greatest phone but they kept me talking while I shopped for a good phone. Then gave me a great phone for $25. I like the no roaming. In some remote areas, I am connected to some other network, but never get charged anything for it.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 01:52:06 AM »
Verizon ftw.

Have to agree there. Their network is by far the best for my needs.

VZ will also give emergency minutes twice per year if you call up on CS is my understanding.

T mobile was nice to do it, however, not trying to down-play that.  But I could never go with T-mobile due to their network.