Author Topic: Help with a name....  (Read 883 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Help with a name....
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:44 AM »
As soon as I get some free time I plan on sending jits money for a server for (CoW). I want to use it for helping new players learn and for some fun matches. The name would preferably reflect the clan and also draw new players in. any suggestions.
kidwar

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: Help with a name....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 10:11:44 AM »
How about you just go with a simple name like CoW Clan Server.

Also I believe jitspoe only accepts paypal.

UltraByte

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
It's really your choice... name it something that stands out!

Also, would you be password protecting the server, so that people can't go in and have a Bunny Hunt (newbie killing sprees)?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »
I have no problem naming it just CoW clan server as long as ya'll use your vast godly powers to get the word out to the new players as they register. Maybe you could have a newcomers email sent to players as soon as they register? In the email could be a few helpful contacts, advice as how to start playing, a list of verterns willing to help with the advancment of others, and all the little things we could think of to help new players.

As for passwording it... I don't think I will. I get along with most of the players in the community so it shouldn't be to bad. Getting "owned" is how part of the learning process. That's how I learned. You have to player better players to learn from them. Theres always the kick feature.  ;D

UltraByte

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »
Yeah, I could tell some newbies about it, and stuff.

Oh yeah..... The good ol' boot. :D

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »
Maybe you could have a newcomers email sent to players as soon as they register? In the email could be a few helpful contacts, advice as how to start playing, a list of verterns willing to help with the advancment of others, and all the little things we could think of to help new players.

That is genius. Pure genius. I'm going on that list.

Old means wise? mebbe.