Author Topic: Loial's SpraynPray/Run-n-Gun Camp fest  (Read 23423 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Loial's SpraynPray/Run-n-Gun Camp fest
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 06:49:07 PM »
"Jitspoe,
For now please add airtime420, nitefactor, antioch, spalt- mesa, spelunker, hillside3, KOTH. Thank you Jitspoe. I was upset not at having no access to blitz others but because they were on the Maplist but not on the server, and besides I could only load 6 maps"

Edit: maps uploaded.  I put up spelunker2 instead -- I'm pretty sure it's the same thing except for the lighting (original spelunker has some really dark areas on it making it unfair to people with darker monitors).

S8NSSON: I don't recall saying anything bad about airtime or nitefactor ('cept I might have commented on the all-autocockers).  Those maps are actually miles better than some of the crap in regular rotation.  I loaded up airtime on ev1 and played that today -- it was pretty fun.  Even more fun when we played pgp only.  There's a nice satisfaction about nailing somebody that's like 10 feet up in the air.  While the geometry isn't super complex, at least it's not an eye sore like some of the maps.

Anyway, I just want to try to phase out the maps that will make a new player join, say, "Eww! this game looks awful!" and move on.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 01:10:07 AM »
Jitspoe,
Please make me a list of maps that you don't want, then load the rest.
 ***edit*** any idea when this can be done, any way I can help?

Anyway, I just want to try to phase out the maps that will make a new player join, say, "Eww! this game looks awful!" and move on

OK for those that like transisitonal summating / statements, here is mine.

1.  "While I understand the intentions and your points of view about new players being turned away from game seems to be your overriding concern. Not combating cheaters"

I am compelled and must interject on behalf of the silent majority (a devils advocate) that plays your gift to us, thus my only question and answer"

Loial  Q."Could it be that we were forced into poor maps"

evl Loial  A. "Most likely, but now the corruption has begun how to purge it with legitamacy, a vote map is the only non biased/ violent procedure that is easily available ?"

Let a  vote be taken 100% of the time.  Don't force it.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 06:52:23 PM by loial21 »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2005, 10:22:36 PM »
Update

Server is running fine however I am missing some files as described above. Good thing to report other than someone glowing (gl_moderate?) no other admin warning were needed.

Jitspoe, would you please let me know if your working on getting me the 2nd request of new maps? Look at the above post. BTW servers are rocking thanks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 01:34:03 PM »
Just a few simple rules: More than one path, aligned textures, properly vised & lit, no transparent bunkers, preferably no bad brushwork, preferably not all autos.  Just about anything else I'm OK with, with a few exceptions both ways.

I haven't had time to sort through the 300-some maps and see what's worthwhile, so just let me know what you want.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 02:24:12 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:31:15 PM by IronFist »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2005, 07:20:04 PM »
Thanks Ironfist. Your only half as bad as I think you are  ;) You and pink need to show up

I need some smaller, faster playing maps to get the attention of the younger/new players. So with that in mind I will take any suggestions seriously and argue to get them on if they are known fun maps and they are not BLitz esk (dang) as God has decieded they belong in banishment from thou's heaven of Digitalpaint. Seriously help I need finding some fun unknown maps.

Jitspoe,

Thanks, for now will you please add Ub_Canyon, Winterland, Palmtreea, Palm3, antioch the one with lower tunnels (I know no cockers but comon its fun and I promise to limit these)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2005, 12:04:17 AM »
I don't have winterland.  I have winter1, though -- "Winter Wonderland" -- is that what you mean? Palm3 == palmtree3?  And I uploaded all 3 Antiochs.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2005, 05:30:51 PM »
thank bud , server was getting full and fun . good to see but mostly new players :(   and yes winter wonderland and sandstorm.

Thanks again   btw 0104:17 am   GO TO BED!!!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2005, 09:30:54 PM »
I don't think i've ever stayed up until 104 hours and 17 minutes after midnight.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2005, 10:14:32 PM »
yeah... been working hard on that water code. ;)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 06:33:52 PM »
saw that :)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 10:09:32 PM »
Jits,

Please add all 3 shazams

Btw why do object to see-through bunkers, from a player standpoint?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 11:35:40 PM »
They take away a lot of defense and are ugly.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2005, 11:00:54 AM »
All 3?  Which 3?  There are like 20 shazam clones.  I think I'd prefer shazamr to shazam since it at least looks a little better...  then there's like kablam, spizam, toe jam...

As for transparent bunkers... what's the point of having a bunker if you can see right through it?  There's more to the game than who can shoot who first... at least there is on good maps.  There should always be a way to outsmart your enemy -- sneak up behind him and shoot him in the back or grab the flag.  If the bunkers are transparent, the game boils down to just running around and shooting which gets old pretty quick.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »
shazam is the best!

toe jam? I'll have to look at that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2005, 04:21:41 PM »
Please do.  I'm tired of your stinky feet. ;)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 07:28:47 PM »
If the bunkers are transparent, the game boils down to just running around and shooting which gets old pretty quick.

Point taken, however is that not what defines a FPS. My point is this some of those bunkers are newb friendly, period and do not harm the game if they are done in moderation. Moreover they negate to a degree wallhacks and untill you eleminate those hacks see-through bunkers give comfort to those that dont trust others. One great example would be yardspeed.bsp (EII).

Speaking of please add yardspeed, yoy, shazrm, shaz22.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 09:35:47 PM »
See, we don't want noobs. We want real players.

Okay, let me rephrase that differently.

It brings up the players wrong. They learn how to play wrong.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 10:20:57 PM »
Yeah, I agree with eiii on this one.  That being said, I don't think yoy or yardspeed would be good maps.  I've already uploaded shazamr and shazam22.  Another condition: no box maps. :)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 12:54:08 AM »
[
In case you haven't noticed, we aren't exactly going for realistic right now.
See, we don't want noobs. We want real players.

1st   SO WHO IS WE?

2nd   FIRST OF ALL WHO's SERVER IS THIS?

3rd.  EIII make up your freaking mind!!!

LASTLY 
  God JITSPOE WTF!! As person of legitamate thinking why in gods name would anyone adhear to the "ANTI-NEWB" rhetoric. WHY?

This non public playing and anti newb friendly moron has to say about what is best for newbs. I say let the newbs speak for them selves freaking period. What do you have to say other than that you agree with the anti newb?

God I hope you responce is not one if ignororace

**edit the server was half full tonght with "newb friendly maps"
a
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 01:44:19 AM by loial21 »