Author Topic: Committee Nominations  (Read 89109 times)

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
Re: Committee Nominations
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2007, 11:15:19 PM »
i should be on this list of nominees

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2007, 11:53:44 PM »
i should be on this list of nominees

you nominate me i nominate you :)

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2007, 06:31:10 AM »
3000 before the GLS and like what 6000 after the GLS

Theres been over 20k global registrations .

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2007, 08:02:08 AM »
I just pulled some numbers out of thin air. :P ;D

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
I nominate bob.  Best thing to happen to dp since it started.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2007, 02:35:59 PM »
i'll go with lekky.(dunno if his name as come up already though)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2007, 04:56:09 PM »
i'll stay dedicated to CoW and nominate SIRWAR. now heres my reasoning for my nomination. i believe he represents the clan he started. As the leader of Crusaders, he keeps a positive outlook on the game, befriends and helps new players, has great ideas about gameplay. im sure if elected into the committe he would be fair and impartial. over all he would be an asset to the community.
thnxs DP'ers
may the moo!! be with you
kidwar

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »
ive never heard of this kid must be a pub person lol

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2007, 06:25:29 PM »
I would also like to withdraw my nomination from Pureblood.  Thank you for the nomination (and kind gesture) but I don't really think that my time is best spent on the tasks involved with this committee.  I'm already a community representative for PB2 on GGC and I'll be working with the other 'ComReps' and staff to deliver other events and features for the crowd on Global Gamers Center.

Hm.
I know your all against this comittee thing.
But as the community (actually, jitspoe :) ) decided to go trough with this you should just accept it because you know you are needed in this comittee.
You can be against it but also be a part of it since people think you are one of the best suited for the "job".
Also im pretty sure it wont take you much time. You will still have time to be a "community representative on GGC" or whatever you called it.

I'm only wasting my time typing this because if all the best people for the comittee resign...then this comittee becomes the worst idea from all time (And thats saying much, since it would have to fight for it with the idea of b squads).

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »
ive never heard of this kid must be a pub person lol
and the problem being what exactly if he is? the members of crusaders are fairly known in pubs. THE committee if i recall is supposed to be a group of peers or am i mistaken? so only the "ELITE" of DP are allowed on the committee? no one elected to remind the "VETS" as to how they felt 
or acted when they were so called "newbs"? I'm pretty sure
the new players out number the dedicated ones, if i am mistaken on this then you would have to remember "jitspoe's plan" of enlarging the community. for bringing in new players. a larger fan base. who will represent these people? a person who says "must be a pub person. lol" maybe you should get out of the private sector and get in touch with the newer players. not all of us are that bad. but the question remains.... who will represent the newer players as they show up? "for the people, by the people"

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2007, 09:06:48 PM »
The dedicated players might be out numbered, but we would still win a 200 vs 20,000 of you pub newbs.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
The problem with 'pub players' is that they have no clue what's going on in the community. I'm sure they could learn in most cases, but I'd be much more comfortable with someone who already knows what they're doing on the committee rather than someone who intends to pick it up as they go.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »
would you elect a child to be president or would you elect some one who knows what theyre doing (bad example?)

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »
would you elect a child to be president or would you elect some one who knows what theyre doing (bad example?)

You got the point across though.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
The dedicated players might be out numbered, but we would still win a 200 vs 20,000 of you pub newbs.
yet again... some are better skilled than others. the question isnt about how well you play.... BUT... wait for it....
How well you can serve the community? The neat thing about all this is the fact how many people actually play on a regular basis but are not "members of the community". yet again.. I am a PUB NEWB in most of your eyes but I play almost every day. as do most other people. One of the reasons most of us stay in pubs or certain private servers is the simple fact that most vets give no help or simply laugh when asked a question that seems simple to them.  granted there are a few out there that do help.

So this committee is just for the clan members who match all the time? Okay I get it now. Us pub newbs are not members of the community. Not a single one of us know what we're doing. Granted I know nothing about programming, developing add-ons for the game, and such. I do however have an opinion. Also I do know alot about matching. Some of us didn't know anything about the game but figured it out by talking amongst our pubselves. but to end all.... you see how a NEWB tries to become integrated, make a suggestion, and all of a sudden it's "we're better than you". I think I shall disappear quietly into the night and fade away from the forums as I whisper this final post.... "thank you for representing your own elite group."

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2007, 09:41:16 PM »
Actually I think Sir would be perfect for the committee hes not really new to the community. Ive playin wit him for a while. What is it to know thats so important that it stops people from being on the committee. Can you be specific with that, so we can know who qualifies and who dont.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2007, 09:42:51 PM »
its not that you dont know anything.... its that we dont know you know anything

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »
its not that you dont know anything.... its that we dont know you know anything

See you guys just think yall know everything and whatever yall say goes, and thats not how it should be.

I think the PUBNEWBS as called are the most wise. Considering the so called VETS act like as ses

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
You're making this into us saying we're better than you. That's not what it is- It's saying we have much more experience in being and dealing with this community than you. The servers themselves are really not social enough to be considered community interaction.

stacy

• PGP
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
i think most of the people r jerk to most of the community so i vote for no one
meow