Author Topic: Committee Nominations  (Read 88590 times)

bananabrain

• Stingray
Re: Committee Nominations
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
i nominate yootz.yootz is awsome.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »
i nominate yootz.yootz is awsome.

y00tz declined - read the thread

besides - I thought you were gone.

bananabrain

• Stingray
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »
i cant play dpball.i never said i was gone from site.Srry but ur as dumb as a box of rocks.i swear

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »
Well that's smart. To personally attack a moderator.

***KnacK we have our next contestant. Bananabrain COME ON DOWN!!!

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
bananavoid

No more double posting
No more going off topic
and No, we ain't close.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2007, 02:54:39 PM »
yay for trolls calling me donkeys when they cant even get my name right, i wonder who the real jackass is,

I want KNACK FOR PRESIDENT!
and maybe Eiii for vice president! :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2007, 03:25:06 PM »
Srry but ur as dumb as a box of rocks.i swear
No matter who it's talking about, that quote is priceless.
I'm pretty sure rocks don't have quite so much trouble spelling/punctuating properly. ;D

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2007, 06:40:23 PM »
No matter who it's talking about, that quote is priceless.
I'm pretty sure rocks don't have quite so much trouble spelling/punctuating properly. ;D
Lol

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »
Nominees:
b00nlander (Pureblood) - lekky
bitmate - XtremeBain
Calrathan - Zorchenhimer
ch40s - Mayhem
cusoman - Garrett
DaRkNeSS - Flame
DirtyTaco - S8NSSON
Eiii - Cobo
flip - KnacK
Herron - Y2J
J0E - bitmate
KiLo - capo
KnacK - Apocalypse
lekky - magalhaes
lords8n (S8NSSON) - nightryder
Mayhem - magnus
Olbaid - James
P!nk - Krewzer
PainKe - Sonny
QueeNiE - deshi
sk89q - nopyo
SmackWaters - Wolf Man
Sonny - PainKe
Spook - Reaver
T3RR0R15T - Chef-Killer
TheRealSoldier - [p4inTu]
ViciouZ - y00tz
WarWulf (I think?) -  rez
Y2J - Herron
Zorchenhimer - Eiii

Pending nominees (need to accept or decline):
loial21 - Edgecrusher_CRO
Blitz - P!nk
dystro - ch40s
Chef-Killer - T3RR0R15T
Jens10 - DaRkNeSS
skater - Dirty_Taco
stephen schultz - CoLA
smokey - Ace
Cameron - Rick
blaa - ViciouZ
Edge - atmays
bob - ZeroLegend
SUPERMAN - eagle
magalhaes - sTALKER
MEPHINE - hellHOUNDz
eagle - Scope
Xanthio - Calrathan

Declined:
XtremeBain - b00nlander
Xile - wade
sirwar - flip
Cobo
y00tz - Magical-Tree
Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. - Reed

This is pretty much a last call for nominations.  If the person you've nominated isn't on the list, you probably nominated multiple people or failed to follow the directions in the first post.  Please clarify who you are nominating.  If you are on the pending list, clearly state if you accept or decline your nomination, and do it quickly.  Please do not vote or post other nonsense in this thread.  It is strictly for nominations.  I will create a poll with the nominees shortly.

Will Jitspoe be on this commitee automatically? Or do we have to nominate him in? If so, I nominate Jitspoe.
You've made more than one nomination.  You need to clarify who you are actually nominating.

I nominate keegs, because i think he will have a positive solution to any problem the commitee may have :D
You already nominated Cameron.  Are you changing your nomination?

:) i guess i vote scope
You've nominated superman and zombie as well.  Pick one.

wow *blushes* im glad i would be selected for this. I have attempted at making a few 3d video games and 2d video games and yeah I have played this game for 10 years, i know a lot of general knowlege of video games from console gaming to pc gaming. I havnt actaully completed a video game of my own but i've got far enough to know how much work is really involved in the background of the visual aspect. when I first saw the list of candidates I was quite shocked at who was actually suggested. I'd personaly choose knack for his general knowledge and obviously and fourthx and loial and a few gt members for their strict policies, everyone else i've noticed has their own personal goals and selectve hate.... I'd have to say they couldnt better the community rather destroy and segregate the community, I dont know if im up to the challange of handling such a big responsibility but I would like to help to see dp get better with the community and would be honored. Thank you loial and rez for your contribution for thinking I can better the community.
A simple "I accept" or "I decline" would be helpful.  I'm not really sure which you did there, but I put you on the accepted list.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If there are any errors in my list, please correct them before I create the poll.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2007, 07:14:23 PM »
fine then i accept i guess :)

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2007, 07:47:13 PM »
lol, didnt even see that.
I decline for obvious resons...

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »
Quote from: jitspoe
PainKe - Sonny

Sonny - PainKe

How bout we cross them off the list since they were hacking.

Quote from: jitspoe
MEPHINE - hellHOUNDz

That's the same person.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
blaa - ViciouZ

I accepted before and Ill accept now too

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2007, 03:47:11 AM »
I second my nonmintation.

meekly and aggressively.

rez

• PGP
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2007, 04:09:36 AM »
I still stand by my namination of war, but loial should be named president of the comittee.

eagle

• Stingray
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
i accept my nomination and i guess ill vote scope since he niminated me :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2007, 06:20:23 PM »
That's probably the worst reason to nominate someone.

vj

• PGP
« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2007, 12:01:24 AM »
Wussup Everyone,

I've been playing pball since q1 and been playing dp since it's creation in 98'.  Alot of you oldschool DP'ers know me. My original handles was violent-j but i've been know as vj for a long long time. Regardless, I wanted to replay on behalf of jitspoe's question.
1. if a cheater is banned a widely shared network/computer a ban should not be lifted ( becuase chances are the same cheater will still try to be present, and cheat again).
2. If more than one acount is registered from the same computer i think that ther should be a limit. Some ppl especially old school pballers like to play under different names so as that they are not botherd. However, there are some who register several just to do so for no purpose what so ever. I don't think there really is a way you can monitor the amount of accounts registered.
3. If two different clans wish to have the same tag i think the approtiate way to deal withi this is to have the clan mathc each other for rights of the tag. Whichever clan loses forfiets their rights to the tag and choses an alternateive. ( i had to do the same thing back in the day when i had a clan with the cP tag and Prozak had the cP tag. I challenged them to a match for the rights and we lost, ultimately sacrificing rights for that specific tag. That's the only fare way to comprimise).
4. Two players may try to register the same name. but when they register the main code should be able to pick this up and not allow the same name used twcie if it is registered. That is an easy fix. All main websites that require login names use the same principles.
5. If a player is offended by another players random and sometimes excessive vulgarity what can you do?
No one like to see it repetivaely / but ultimately ppl are going to cuss in a mathc and or pub play / iand the average of ppl who complain are not the majority of DP players. If they don't liike it, they can go somewhere else. Or you can promote a language filter, and excessive language will kick a person. However, that has been implemented in the past and has only made excessive vulgarity more present. Your not going to eleminate the more immature DP player. Because it seems that now a days that, that is the majority of who is playing today.
6. A players old clan history should not be deleted. That players clan history is vital to his stauts and ranking in the DP community. If his or her status is deleted and he is allowed in another clan what is the point? His or her former status in other clans should be well known and acknowledge at time of recruiting and I am certain their former clan history has to do with a big part of recruiting. If you don't want other ppl to know who you are and what you done in the DP community then don't brag and use a different handle. I mean hell, if some of the retired greats flautned there names around don't you think that every clan out there would recruit them on reputation alone? A players previous rep shoudl not be held against him wether good or bad.
7. If any player is caught distributing or manufacturing any form of cheats, hacks, or anything of that nature should be sought out and band for life from DP. This game is all about peronsal skill and having fun with what the creators intended. Any cheaters should be proscetued with the maximum penalty which is life ban. That is the only way you will ever keep any form of cheats of the game. And servers should be regularly updated with code to detect such cheats.
8. If a players name is registered with coincidence, what can you do honestly? As long as you do not allow duplicates of actualy handles on DP there will always be wannabes. But we always know who everyone is and where they stand, and we can always tell the wanna be's apart. You cannot really stop that aspect.

Anyways, these are just my opinons on how these matters should be addressed as per jitpsoes original post. Being an avid DP player since 98' and still playing today. ( 12 at the time 21 now ) Things have changed since i've started. Ultimately jitpsoe has taken this great game of DP and made it into something amazing. A standolne version that everyone can enjoy. I think everony should honor the game and respect what the creators of the game had in mind from the get go. If anyone tries to hack cheat or whatever should be banned, no questons asked. This is one of the greatest q2 mods ever made and it's growth since 98' proves it. GL HF and GAME ON.
Respectfully,

vj ( you oldschool guys know i'm cool as excrement :) you new guys if you don't like what i have said F'you and find another mod to destroy and hack. Cuz this one isn't it. Later).

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2007, 12:12:23 AM »
That's a very nice list of rules (really), but this is kinda entirely the wrong thread. Y00tz/KnacK/Jits, split please?

vj

• PGP
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2007, 12:31:18 AM »
Thx Eiii for thanking so. I am not going for any nominations cuz honestly i don't think anyone would raelly vote for me. Even if ppl thought that my response to jits question was good, i do not have a reputation like some who still are in the DP comm. I was simply just expressing my thoughts on the question(s) that jits had asked. I think they are reasonable and maybe the best way(s) to deal with such problems. I didn't create this mod nor did I have any part in it's creation. I've simply played the game since it was created and always loved it. And you gotta realize there are always going to be a group of lamers and or immature ppl that are going to try to manipulate it and bring it down. DP a few years ago in my opinion was at it's funnest and best time. I still enjoy it, however i DO not enjoy some of it's company. But, I deal with it and keep playing. DP will always be one of the greatest mods ever made for q2 ( even though it may have not been recognized like it should ) and us players who have been playing since the beginning will always have that same feeling and same drive when we play. But, it's never going to be that way again, even though we wish it still was. DP has evolved into a HUGE mod since is EURO transiton and most of those guys are excretory openingS. Anyways, if you guys wanna vote for me go ahead, i was just simply trying to answer jit's questions as best as i could. Later ev1.

-vj
ps: disregard that "i am as cool as excrement quote" i was a little inhebriated that night and meant something different :). However it is still funny :). L8r all.