Author Topic: To Queenie in regards to PPL.  (Read 1642 times)

coLa

• Autococker
To Queenie in regards to PPL.
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »
First of all let me start off by saying I apologize for the words I chose to use when commenting on your map. Sometimes I can get out of hand. So, with that said I have some ideas that might make this a better and faster match map. I don't know if there was a thread about this map, seeing as how i rarely open map threads. So here it goes:

So, on these screen shots I think that some of the roof and/or wall should be removed to able able to jump further into the other base.

Maybe put a ladder under this window to make it a bit easier to make. Most of the time when i try this i always hit the wall under the window so a ladder might be a good idea.

This grass area is just way too exposed. Maybe you should add some extra barrels and/or boxes to it.

The pink shading/scribbles whatever you want to call it is just to kinda illustrate what i am talking about. Again Queenie I am sorry for the words i used. I am going to try to be more civil when discussing things and whatnot for myself and i guess for this game.

this is all just my opinion on what i think would make this map a bit better in the matching scene. Not everyone shares my views. So.. do what you must. PEACE.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:18:55 PM by CoLA »

Olbaid

• Autococker
Re: To Queenie in regards to PPL.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »
In the 4th photo I think the window should be move higher, or made larger.. I always land on top of the ledge instead of actually in the window..

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »
First SS isn't a triple, just a double, then you can jump to the ladder. Silly cola :P

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:19:15 PM »
 :-[

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 02:53:02 AM »
also i forgot to mention to either remove one flag or make them both 5 point caps or something. because the way it is the map finishes way too fast.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 03:31:46 AM »
 I Like your ideas cola and i would like to say I like the map and I think queenie did a good job on it.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 05:14:03 AM »
And I´m just happy that things turned out civiliazied after all flaming before. GJ.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 06:29:38 AM »
also i forgot to mention to either remove one flag or make them both 5 point caps or something. because the way it is the map finishes way too fast.

I 100% agree.. 

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 06:32:47 AM »
Judging from the screeenshots, I think the map looks very dated.  I think it would be worthwhile to re-do it with a lot of detail to the walls and ground and make sure that there are some areas for covers so that people can work some angles.  The areas all look way too open.  The lighting as well looks way too uniform and un-natural.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »
Firstly, thank you cola for your apology.

Second, I have renamed the map: - Remenissions -
as to abide by the ethical laws of DP.

Also, thank you very much cola for your suggestions, I am working on a beta 2 as we speak, and yes, both flags are 5 points.

Please no one else post on this thread as I will open a new one as soon as the next beta version is ready.

Thank you once again cola,
Brock.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 05:14:16 PM »
NP.