Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 281845 times)

Smokey

• Autococker
Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #400 on: March 19, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
Yes, but that could return results like 'mac networking problems don't exist' or 'there are no such things as mac networking problems'
There surly isn't THAT many stupid donkey mac-fanboys...I hope.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #401 on: April 01, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »
Check the news. :-\

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #402 on: April 01, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
Finally! gtfo already.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #403 on: April 01, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »
Check the news. :-\
Scared me for a second man.  You got me though, good one.  Man someone might jump off their roof before finishing reading it though.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #404 on: April 01, 2008, 11:48:24 PM »
I never realized how much work you do until I read that, it's amazing what you do for us.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »
Ugh, I hate chores and errands.  I have so much crap to do right now that I don't feel like doing.  A pile of mail and papers still left to sort through.  Apparently my vehicle tax got lost in the shuffle when moving, so I have to deal with that being delinquent.  There's also another form I have to fill out to get my income tax refund sent electronically.  I need to ship my sister her birthday present now that I finally got it.  I need to fill out some paperwork for the big scenario game I'm going to this weekend as well as get all of my gear organized and attempt to finish my shotgun mod -- gotta run to Lowes or something and hope I can find some screws, metal plates, and such that will work as well as figure out what to do about the stuff I ordered that was out of stock.  I've got a new gun on the way as well, which I expected to be here by now, so I need to find out what the status of that is.  I also need to hang up laundry, get a haircut, and schedule some appointments for the dentist, doctor, etc. since I haven't had a cleaning or physical in like years.  Still have a bunch of stuff to do to settle into my new apartment, too.  Piles of old stuff to sort through that I haven't looked at in years.  Need to figure out what to keep and pitch or give away.  Also need to run some wires to the speakers and figure out what to do about the projector screen.  Plenty of stuff to do for paintball2 as well.  I haven't checked the cheater list in a while.  There are a few small things to fix so I can put out a more stable release.  Several new maps to look at or at least put up on the beta server.  I need to get things rolling for a new committee election, too, since we're getting kind of short handed.  I should probably put out a BSP fix for the "inprogress" directory.  I've also got some contract work from before I got my new job that I'm still trying to get out of my hair, and I told my old boss that I'd try to take a look at some problem data since they're struggling to keep up with just one developer now.  Turns out my Duke Power account never got set up correctly, so I had to fax some stuff, but the fax number I got wasn't correct.  Surprised I still have power, actually.  I guess nobody noticed.  I've also got to take the trash out and do some grocery shopping since I'm out of food and rather hungry.  Need to run some backups.  I also wanted to write some reviews.  I need to make some enhancements to my TODO list to help organize and prioritize things better.  Need to RMA a dead hard drive.  Have some addresses that still need updating for investment accounts and whatnot.  Need to get my new address paypal verified.  Need to wash dishes.  I'd also like to update my "personal" website one of these days with all (or at least a small portion) of my goings on.  Plenty of new (and old) games to check out, too.  And I still haven't made my bed 100% since I moved in.  I also need to shave.

Sad thing is, it seems like I just do one or two things, then all of a sudden it's 1:00AM and the next day brings 5 more.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2008, 07:16:44 PM »
You do too much, your not superman you know.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »
Time to put other people in change of catching cheaters as well...?

Also do a complete opensource to certain people so they can play around with stuff and maaaaybe develop as well.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »
How can we help out?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2008, 11:25:13 PM »
How can we help out?
Well, most of the stuff right now only I can do (unless you come over and help me do paperwork, which I probably wouldn't be comfortable with anyway).

Oh, look, it's past 1AM... again... seems all I did was buy groceries and pay bills today.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2008, 11:31:52 PM »
Ahem, for the record, I'm good at paperwork and I'm not (that) awkward to be around... to be honest, I think I'd be a good person to fish with.  Except the gear is expensive, and the bait is frankly a bad investment since it doesn't yield, grow, or even live.

I digress....

Oh, look, it's past 1AM... again... seems all I did was buy groceries and pay bills today.

Why don't you give up your man-painting ways, sell the racecar, by a sedan-ier car, and get a good woman to (cook for you and) do the boring errands?  Worked for me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »
Somehow I doubt getting a woman in my life will increase my free time by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »
Lies.  After the usual 6 months of clinginess, girls tend to say stuff like, 'Oh my God, this room is a mess - I'll have to spend all day cleaning it'

Win-win.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2008, 07:11:29 AM »
Lies.  After the usual 6 months of clinginess, girls tend to say stuff like, 'Oh my God, this room is a mess - I'll have to spend all day cleaning it'

Win-win.

My wife would so female dog-slap you into the next decade it wouldn't even be funny.

I accuse her of getting her management skills from CHef Ramsey......

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »
Well, I keep getting carried away with sound stuff.  With the exception of new sounds, there won't be much new in build 23.  It's nice to come home from work and just work on whatever I feel like.  The quality of sounds has really been bugging me for a while, plus I've been able to get my hands on most of the weapons used in the game.  The new build will include PGP sounds and new autococker sounds (some people complained about those, and a friend actually had one of the older models of the autococker, like what's in the game).  I've also got some new footstep sounds in there.  The old ones were really harsh.  I also changed the attenuation model in the software sound rendering so that it's exponential instead of linear.  That way people don't sound like they're right next to you when they're all the way across the map.  I also added sound effects for players entering the game and disconnecting as well as different sounds for global chat and team chat.  Just random little tweaks that I thought of, but they're actually pretty helpful.

The only problem with the new attenuation is that the regular round start/flag cap/etc sounds sound a lot louder and worse in comparison.  I'll either have to reduce the sound volume on play back or make the new sounds quieter when I get around to replacing them.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
Anything new for us deaf? :P

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
Anything new for us deaf? :P

Yes!!!

Shock pads that get strapped to your left and right forearms to let you know what side of the screen the sound is comingfrom.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2008, 10:37:13 AM »
Aww <3

Cookie

• VM-68
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2008, 10:43:32 AM »
Hey Jits.. I see your plenty busy.. maybe these guys can help :D

https://getfriday.com/index.php

They are a team of ppl to help you 'get friday'. I heard a radio station talk about their service (one of the host actually used the service) and was suprised at how cheap they charge for what they actually do ;)

BTW did you miss me? still got those DPII Tshirts? i need a new one :\

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
Oh snap, he's back.