Author Topic: About clans  (Read 7462 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: About clans
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
The idea of setting rank structure in clans is pretty intresting but then you will have In-Fighting about who's better than who. Atleast it will keep the "1 day clans" to a minimum. As far as ranking clans... It would be intresting. You might as well start a ladder and devote a certain set of servers aside for "legitamate" matches. Then with that you will have to set rules everyone will have to abide by during matches. Then you will have to dedicate someone to either ref the match or have someone review the game when there are problems such as disconnects and capping on idles. Committee!!!!

Thnx,
The Unknown Player

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »
The ONLY way thsi will work is if we have a centralised stats database.  This will prevent clans from not adding their losses or adding fake wins.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 02:28:06 PM »
I've never seen a negative record in my life

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 02:30:54 PM »
The ONLY way thsi will work is if we have a centralised stats database.  This will prevent clans from not adding their losses or adding fake wins.

That, KnacK, is why I suggested dedicating a group of servers and a ref. Two clans can match. The ref can either be present or review the demo and add points to the winning team. There are many options that can be done with this. Just a start. If you really wanted to, you could charge clans who wish to participate in the "ladder" a small yearly due to pay for the servers. I'm sure with everyones brains working to the same goal we can make something that will help make the match scene more attractive. Just think... it would be awesome to see your team on an offical DP leaders board. :)

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 02:39:18 PM »
I volunteer to ref matches (unless I am part of it) when and if this goes into effect.

Mag1C

• PGP
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 06:37:10 PM »
 8)yeh thats a bit what i said and seriously i prefere my way instead of farmz cause tit gives a bit more options and makes it better organised. ;)But that's my way of thinking ;).

Mag1C

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 06:43:41 PM »
And its true it would be nice to class the a, aa, aaa thing with points and its fair cause everyone will start at zero and now like 100 and under makes u ''a''  101-400 makes u ''aa'' and over 400 ur clan is ''aaa'' and idc how the points would go up or what the legend would be lke but it would be nice if it looked a bit like this  :)  and also putin a Clan board wich shows te clans with the most points just to add more CompeTiTion. But givin points to players idk for you all but i wouldnt like takin care of all this but if any1 has the time then it could be nice.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 02:47:54 PM »
I volunteer to ref matches (unless I am part of it) when and if this goes into effect.
Same for all the ones I can make.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 04:24:06 PM »
I am currently writing up an idea for making a real ladder which I will first send to jits and a few admins. Hopefully I'll get some support from everyone. Instead of everyone being negative maybe ya'll will help sand the rough edges off of the idea. I started it this morning at 6am and have covered alot of topics already. I should have the rough draft completed on saturday.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
I am currently writing up an idea for making a real ladder which I will first send to jits and a few admins. Hopefully I'll get some support from everyone. Instead of everyone being negative maybe ya'll will help sand the rough edges off of the idea. I started it this morning at 6am and have covered alot of topics already. I should have the rough draft completed on saturday.

Can u send me one??

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »

Id do it if im around.
If you think about it gt doesnt match currently anyone of us could if were around.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 05:16:22 PM »
Atleast it will keep the "1 day clans" to a minimum.
I think it would probably increase them.  Clan starts, matches a few times, has a record of like 0-5, disbands, starts a new clan in hopes to achieve a better record.  Since clans wouldn't be able to fake records, about half of them would have a negative win-loss ratio.  That half would probably all disband. :P

Mag1C

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »
Ya well, that's for me another reson cause nooby clans or clans that really have no futur won't go really far and only the best will stay. Also, they won't be able to cheat they're score so we can see for real they're stats cause i found a clan i never knew with like 200-34 dam... i never saw one of em. They're really lame to wright that...it's kinda like cheating  :'( and cheating is bad  :'( .

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 09:52:31 AM »
Well if you could instead of recording just clans wins also include personal win-losses so if i player in 6 matches won 4-2 then it logs my personal wins-loses and not just the clans??? Any ideas to add on to that think that would be an idea Comments plz???