Author Topic: Build 33  (Read 32062 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Build 33
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
Are there new server settings? How does it work? Will it change client or server settings automatically?
The settings are all controlled on the server.  When the settings change on the server, they get replicated to the client, so the client and server will both use the same settings (so client prediction is correct).

+1
One question, what do you mean by adjustable sky gliding?
Really looking forward to pretest release.
You can specify the max velocity that gets retained when you hit the sky.  For example, if you set it to 0, your velocity is immediately killed and you fall (like the old physics).  I have it set to 200, which allows you to jump maybe 5 extra feet or so when you hit your head on the sky, even if you slam into it at an insane velocity off of an ice jump.  This lets you make short jumps that should be possible (ex: ub_cliff double jump), but you can't glide across half the map on something like prolandr.

Quite a sarcastic intercourser, but my logic is, its taking many players a long time to get the jist of this game, especially jumps, whereas now your adding a jump tweak which will help new players pick the movement up faster, theres enough czechs and brazilians in this game as it is.
People complain that there aren't enough players and that I should do things to increase the number of players, then when I do things that should help new people and get the game to grow, people still complain.  Double yew tee eff.

Another jump i found, sure enough you will all be like 'but its good if its easier to do these jumps', the dj on the ramps make no sense to me at all, your dj'in off nothing, and in the demo dj'in off of nothing and being punted 15ft in the air is stupid.
Pay attention, class.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »
You can specify the max velocity that gets retained when you hit the sky.  For example, if you set it to 0, your velocity is immediately killed and you fall (like the old physics).  I have it set to 200, which allows you to jump maybe 5 extra feet or so when you hit your head on the sky, even if you slam into it at an insane velocity off of an ice jump.  This lets you make short jumps that should be possible (ex: ub_cliff double jump), but you can't glide across half the map on something like prolandr.

Is 200 like it is with pretest1? Or which value will make it like that? 99999999999?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2012, 04:12:02 PM »
Another jump i found, sure enough you will all be like 'but its good if its easier to do these jumps', the dj on the ramps make no sense to me at all, your dj'in off nothing, and in the demo dj'in off of nothing and being punted 15ft in the air is stupid.

lmfao at that jump

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »

I didnt't get a demo, but I managed to do the same thing off the main ramp in the bottom. I made it from the normal ramp all the way to the very top platform. MEGAJUMPS

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
here is a b33 update i want to see... gte rid of the gun coming out of the players crotch? how hasnt that been mentioned?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »
hr4 texture pack was done long ago - and textures do look good, I admit.

The revamped hr4 have not yet been included because they're still a work inprogress. Legendz would rather Jitspoe work on those, rather then 'ruin' the physics.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22225.0

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
Is 200 like it is with pretest1? Or which value will make it like that? 99999999999?
It's uncapped in the pretest, so it would be like setting it to a really large number.

here is a b33 update i want to see... gte rid of the gun coming out of the players crotch? how hasnt that been mentioned?
r_oldmodels 0.  Old models are no longer supported with the vwep update.

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2012, 06:02:30 AM »
lol :D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
It's not possible anymore.

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8YeHbcnC5s

He plays with normal gravity. Server: Build 33 Player: Build 32 why he did this jump so easy. i play with Build33_Pretest1 and i cant make this jump.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »
 This update is just so unreasonable I can't pick where I'm going to start flaming.

You say this helps the newbies. Highly meddling doubtful. Newbies don't even strafe. So how is this going to help.

You need to concentrate on keeping the players playing. I doubt hitting your head against the sky is one of the reasons people quit. How many posts have you read about the movement being bad? I think 0. I'm not going to quit because you go crazy and start changing things what don't need to be changed, but I also don't understand how is this going to make the game better.

This wouldn't be the first time you have decided to change gameplay drastically (for those who play matches). You changed ballspeed with no explanation what so ever. You added primed grenades which are still meddling horrible. Thank god your grenade friction increase turned out to make the primed nades a little bit weaker.

When someone suggests something you create a feature vote. Maybe it is fair to create a feature vote if you decide to do something.

I think everything in this build should dissappear. Although stopping in slopes instantly is nice, but I think it creates as much problems. For example if you fall down to a slope you gained a boost, not with the new build. Doesn't seem much but people use that for their advantage.

The reasoning for these changes is just unacceptable.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
He already said he fixed that... I showed it to him a while ago.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »
I'm posting this for Luckmore, since his English is "no good."

It seems that there is a bug with the new physics.  It appears that the first few balls shot after moving react like they would without a barrel.

Demo:  http://bantero.us/demo/874

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »
I'm posting this for Luckmore, since his English is "no good."

It seems that there is a bug with the new physics.  It appears that the first few balls shot after moving react like they would without a barrel.

Demo:  http://bantero.us/demo/874
Fixed for the next release.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:00 AM »
This update is just so unreasonable I can't pick where I'm going to start flaming.

You say this helps the newbies. Highly meddling doubtful. Newbies don't even strafe. So how is this going to help.

You need to concentrate on keeping the players playing. I doubt hitting your head against the sky is one of the reasons people quit. How many posts have you read about the movement being bad? I think 0. I'm not going to quit because you go crazy and start changing things what don't need to be changed, but I also don't understand how is this going to make the game better.

This wouldn't be the first time you have decided to change gameplay drastically (for those who play matches). You changed ballspeed with no explanation what so ever. You added primed grenades which are still meddling horrible. Thank god your grenade friction increase turned out to make the primed nades a little bit weaker.

When someone suggests something you create a feature vote. Maybe it is fair to create a feature vote if you decide to do something.

I think everything in this build should dissappear. Although stopping in slopes instantly is nice, but I think it creates as much problems. For example if you fall down to a slope you gained a boost, not with the new build. Doesn't seem much but people use that for their advantage.

The reasoning for these changes is just unacceptable.

Agreed. this just ruins the game for me.. cool to play maps like castle1 where u can now jump to any place..

joker909

• Stingray
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
gameplay_test2 - fastest capping ever

cleaner made it on build 32. and its faster.

Toolwut

• Stingray
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »
Can't get team-specific trigger_multiple to work. I'm using a func_button that targets the trigger_multiple that in turn targets other stuff. I have "teamnumber" "1" set for the trigger_multiple but it always fires when triggered. Worldspawn has "maxteams" "2", "team1" "red", "team2" "blue", "gamemode" "4" (also doesn't work without gamemode, tried it just in case) set.