Author Topic: This is ridiculous.  (Read 8330 times)

Y2J

• VM-68
Re: This is ridiculous.
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
Lekky, cut the BS. You know my idea for a committee is a lot more fairer of a process than the current one. 10 members should not be able to make a good decission when there is so much group think and friendships to worry about. I'm not saying best committee can be picked, I'm saying at least a fair committee.

And furthermore, you sit here and try to tell me I'm just trying to make a name for myself, or throw around shi.t? I've been around this game WAY longer than you, and have a fraction of your posts. I rarely post on here, only when I see something going on that I feel is wrong, and given the current state, I think, along with many others, that some of the stuff that has been going on is BS. You're the only one I see trying to make a name for themselves. Knack offered some constructive criticism to the matter, to which I responded. You sit here and act like the committee is perfect the way it is, it would be the same people, and all this stuff, while trying to downplay my system, because I'm "trying to make a name for myself."

Lekky, I don't need to make a name for myself. I will always be better at this game then most the people that play and I will always be more intelligent than the majority of people that play this game. It's rare occasions like this, where I step in, with what is wrong, what is causing a divide, and what can be done to help people feel like justice has been served, because whether or not the current committee is doing things justly, people feel they aren't.

Jitspoe asked for a suggestion, I gave him one, a pretty good one, if you get people that want to be on the committee for the right reasons, then my plan would work great. People like you, who feel the need to put people down and comment on every little thing in a way that attempts to belittle people, are the exact people that shouldn't be on a new committee.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
jeez...

Lekky, cut the BS. You know my idea for a committee is a lot more fairer of a process than the current one. 10 members should not be able to make a good decission when there is so much group think and friendships to worry about. I'm not saying best committee can be picked, I'm saying at least a fair committee.

Yes I agreed it was a fairer system, but the current system has a degree of control so that fairness shouldn't be a factor in the decisions. Like I said, speed of decisions is the most important factor in my mind.

And furthermore, you sit here and try to tell me I'm just trying to make a name for myself, or throw around shi.t? I've been around this game WAY longer than you, and have a fraction of your posts. I rarely post on here, only when I see something going on that I feel is wrong, and given the current state, I think, along with many others, that some of the stuff that has been going on is BS. You're the only one I see trying to make a name for themselves. Knack offered some constructive criticism to the matter, to which I responded. You sit here and act like the committee is perfect the way it is, it would be the same people, and all this stuff, while trying to downplay my system, because I'm "trying to make a name for myself."

I didn't say anything about you, seriously dude, I was only talking about the Community in general. In fact, you are one of the people whos points I think has been lost under all the shi.t thats happened. YOU genuinely had some good points that I would have liked to be explored further, community shi.t just takes it over .

Lekky, I don't need to make a name for myself. I will always be better at this game then most the people that play and I will always be more intelligent than the majority of people that play this game. It's rare occasions like this, where I step in, with what is wrong, what is causing a divide, and what can be done to help people feel like justice has been served, because whether or not the current committee is doing things justly, people feel they aren't.

See above.

Jitspoe asked for a suggestion, I gave him one, a pretty good one, if you get people that want to be on the committee for the right reasons, then my plan would work great. People like you, who feel the need to put people down and comment on every little thing in a way that attempts to belittle people, are the exact people that shouldn't be on a new committee.

I honestly don't think I've done that. I have treid to be fair and honest in situations with the committee. I even tried to give honest reasons to early community decisions and criticisms, however my responses, as usual were lost in general shi.t If you're talking about the post where we should ban someone for past crimes using new rules, i feel my post was perfectly fine.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50:23 PM »
this thread is getting too much...

you guys need to just calm down and consider what's best for the community and not yourself.

re-electing a new committee would really offer nothing much of the same thing. we voted them and they are trying to do their job. you will disagree but that's going to happen. it's not a perfect world.

if you're going to have application for re-election, what is the requirement? cause it seems there will be A LOT of people submitting applications just to be on the committee because it's "cool and i have power to do whatever." and think they deserves to be on a committee. are you going to put age restriction? ie. 21+ only Do we need to see their real life credentials? a leader of a group/events?

if you dont want to be banned then dont do anything stupid. it's as simple as that. why do you people go all the way to find/create hacks knowing that you'll be banned anyway? what are you benefitting from?

is punkbuster the solution for all these hacking and modified contents? if that's going to solve the problem then i'm all for it. if you dont hack then you shouldn't have any problems with any problems with the committee.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »
Punkbuster would be expensive to implement and I don't think they would want to 'protect' this less known of a game.  They usually are employed by the big corporations.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 08:02:27 PM »
may i ask who KoreMagna and Garrett are in game?

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 08:47:31 PM »
Punkbuster would be expensive to implement and I don't think they would want to 'protect' this less known of a game.  They usually are employed by the big corporations.

really? i didn't know that. thanks for the info.

you may ask flame but i may not answer ;)