Author Topic: Semi-auto firing...  (Read 10436 times)

rafalluz

• VM-68
Re: Semi-auto firing...
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »
In theory this game would attract a close-knit community full of intelligent, kind, mature, dedicated, and productive individuals who would strive to make the game as fun and competitive as possible but hey, all you can do is try. Better to try to be good than succumb to being crappy, eh?

We're onto sth bigger now. My take on that topic is:

you can't change people's minds and attitudes about the game and whatever features it has directly. All you can do is control what are features to be in game. And if the features encourage trying to be good and yet people still ignore them, there are 3 options:

1)They're freaking evil/don't care about anything.
2)You're wrong for even wishing them to be good in the first place - they always were crappy, always are, and always will be.
3)Your features were not compelling enough, but could be.

In my opinion two of those are just too ridiculous (maybe except for some really twisted units , but tbh they will probably get banned anyways, so who cares). That leaves option 3. Indeed, if stingrays and VMs are notoriously being omitted on most maps, that may be the sign that there's something wrong with them. It's still up to you to decide obviously - though I think decision is made in anybody's minds since long ago. That still leaves nice discussion.