Author Topic: Airtime4?  (Read 6208 times)

Mag1C

• PGP
Airtime4?
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:20:52 AM »
I was lookin at dp2 jump videos on youtube when i saw this map called airtime4. I got to say that this map is......useless. Jitspoe, if this map is ever published unless it already is, seriously, it's the lamest map i ever saw. The map probably took 5 minutes to make if the creator started of with airtime3.map file. Here is some things:

the pole in the middle of airtime3,well, there are now 5 of them all across the map placed in a line to make jumping easier, there is a little secret passage that i saw but coudnt go in cause i was following System in his jumping. besides that i didnt really pay attention alot but if anyone wants an exemple go see this link and youll see what airtime4 looks like...http://youtube.com/watch?v=88jMx16ORbw

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Airtime4?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:30:14 AM »
You might want to remove Jitspoe's name from your post as he has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT MAP.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »
That's exactly what happened. The guy who posted it was ridiculed, if I remember correctly.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »
I believe that map was made by Subzero, a good friend of mine. its not as bad as u would expect. I agree the poles are overkill but its what makes Airtime4, Airtime 4. It has a lower level too, underground paths that you can use.

iIf you want the BSP i have it, find me on IRC or send me a message on the forum.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »
I think it was more the point that he took S8N's map, decompiled it, broke the ladders, made the jumps easier, then released it completely unlit, with no credit to the original mapper. Plus, if S8N now wants to make a fourth airtime map, where does he go? Hopefully, overwrites airtime4.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
I have this map. The r_speeds are very very high like 3500 and the map is unlighted. P.S if anyone knows where to get the propaint1 grass texture and if its legal some1 send me a link to dl it , cheers.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
What better way to test out your my first BSP starter kit for the first time than decompiling your favorite pub map and making it easier for you to play and much more insane with a low and more oddly placed poles?

There was already a thread about this where he "released" it and s8n shot it down. Search

The only crime here is releasing something that should never have seen the light of day :)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »
What better way to test out your my first BSP starter kit for the first time than decompiling your favorite pub map and making it easier for you to play and much more insane with a low and more oddly placed poles?

There was already a thread about this where he "released" it and s8n shot it down. Search

The only crime here is releasing something that should never have seen the light of day :)

yes i agree, taking a fun pub map that you like and doing what YOU want to it makes it more fun for the creator.

I think it was more the point that he took S8N's map, decompiled it, broke the ladders, made the jumps easier, then released it completely unlit, with no credit to the original mapper. Plus, if S8N now wants to make a fourth airtime map, where does he go? Hopefully, overwrites airtime4.

i also agree that the proper credit wasn't paid to S8N and that the map should maybe have been named airtime "poles" for all it matters but getting mad about it isn't the way to do it. You don't have to like the map if you don't want. i do hope he apologized though

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:32:55 PM »
I don't think he's that mad, Foxhound. Not sure what you're trying to defend here...

Mag1C

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »
Sry for the misunderstanding KnacK i wasnt blaming jitspoe at all i was just telling him that if he would let the map be published then i dont think it would be a good idea.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »
He can't stop anyone from publishing their map. Upload it to the Internet anywhere and it's published.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »
i was defending Subzero from Mag1c's remarks. He took it a bit far i thought. "I got to say that this map is......useless." didnt have to be said at all or posted. just an excuse to write on the forums. apparently Subzero thought it was a good idea and wanted to publish it regardless of any one elses ideas about it. It's not illegal to publish a map you made or in this case modified and it shouldnt have been ridiculed by any one other than maybe S8N. I have seen many bad maps but i dont post them all on the forums and say the suck for everyone to read.

idk, just thought it was a cocky move on Mag1c's part, maybe he should make a better mod of it, if he even knows how.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 05:14:10 PM »
I have seen many bad maps but i dont post them all on the forums and say the suck for everyone to read.

But none of them involve stealing another's work without even crediting them.

maybe he should make a better mod of it, if he even knows how.

Movie critics don't make movies, but they still critique. It doesn't make their comments any less useful.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:25 AM »
I dont see what your trying to defend, the maps already out and theres nothing you can do about it. that was my point. Get over it.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »
Well since the map is horrible and almost a straight copy of airtime3, server admins should remove it from their servers, so it can't be played.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
There are plenty of horrible maps out there, unfortunatly. The thing is that he shouldn't have decompiled airtime3, then make it worst with some idiotic ramps and paths, and finally name it airtime4, all this without S8N permission.

Mag1C

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 08:47:13 AM »
I have seen many bad maps but i dont post them all on the forums and say the suck for everyone to read.

idk, just thought it was a cocky move on Mag1c's part, maybe he should make a better mod of it, if he even knows how.
Yes i could make a better mod probably and i sure know how but anyways thats not the point ive seen many sucky maps myself and i didnt do anything about it but airtime4....what i was trying to say is exactly what henkka and magalhaes said. i dont have a problem if subzero makes his mods on his own and has fun alone with acebots or putting it on the net for ppl to download if they want but I(and I am talking for myself not for all dp2 players)wouldnt want another map like this in the server list. And i have no problem about subzero i still respect him but its just he map.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 08:48:16 AM »
i was defending Subzero from Mag1c's remarks. He took it a bit far i thought. "I got to say that this map is......useless." didnt have to be said at all or posted. just an excuse to write on the forums. apparently Subzero thought it was a good idea and wanted to publish it regardless of any one elses ideas about it. It's not illegal to publish a map you made or in this case modified and it shouldnt have been ridiculed by any one other than maybe S8N. I have seen many bad maps but i dont post them all on the forums and say the suck for everyone to read.

I remember reading the topic about its release.  He didn't even ask permission from S8N if he could decompile and then mod the Airtime3 map.  He just decompiled it and then posted the finished copy and then continued to try to keep the betas coming.

Topic:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=6612.0

The creator of the AirTime 420 franchise does not approve of this map.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
Yeah well, that subzero guy is kinda pathetic anyways. I mean, he only does new versions of existing maps made by some other guy. airtime4, mega_shock and i bet more is inc.
If you read this post Subzero, here's a tip for you: Make your own maps, please.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
Yeah well, that subzero guy is kinda pathetic anyways. I mean, he only does new versions of existing maps made by some other guy. airtime4, mega_shock and i bet more is inc.
If you read this post Subzero, here's a tip for you: Make your own maps, please.
He made a few of his own maps.  He isn't a bad mapper either.  Airtime4 just was a bad map but he has been learning.