Author Topic: Jitspoe and Committee--why do we have 1k day bans for distribution?  (Read 5873 times)

Smokey

• Autococker
Re: Jitspoe and Committee--why do we have 1k day bans for distribution?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
WHen Jits says so.  And being that he's going to be a bit occupied for the next several days, I venture not any time soon
Uh, why have a committee then? Pointless.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »

It  is an interesting question. Perhaps it needs its own thread. The topic here  is what the rationale is for long bans for distribution and whether cheating deserves the same.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »

THis was not a cheating issue.  THis was an issue of flame logging in to someone's account which is against the EULA.

Jits took care of it. End of story.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
I never thought it was anything but polite to give attention to each person's comment. That way they don't have to comb through a multi-quote thread to find where I might be speaking to them.

The other forums I have posted at over the years did not consider that rude.  Perhaps you can send me a pm with the rationale.

Its the socially accepted norm on this forum, etiquette is conforming to the socially accepted norm. I did not make this the socially accepted norm for this forum, yet i adhere to it due to etiquette...

Committee was never intended to have so much power.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »
Its the socially accepted norm on this forum, etiquette is conforming to the socially accepted norm. I did not make this the socially accepted norm for this forum, yet i adhere to it due to etiquette...

Committee was never intended to have so much power.

When I got here the accepted norm was to act like a jerk.  So my policy has been to see what the locals are doing and do the opposite. When someone like kilo tells me not to do anything I generally assume it is a safe step to do it with all speed.

But if as a moderator you are telling me this is the wish of the forum i will do it.

Any other committee members want to weigh in on the ban question?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 06:32:12 PM »
I would permanently ban cheaters of all kinds, but I don't get that vote option.

The continuation of this thread is pointless. I only see a bleak shell of anything resembling a person genuinely looking for answers, but more of someone continually poking at the system in order to find a point to latch on to and cause problems with.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 06:50:53 PM »
I would permanently ban cheaters of all kinds, but I don't get that vote option.

The continuation of this thread is pointless. I only see a bleak shell of anything resembling a person genuinely looking for answers, but more of someone continually poking at the system in order to find a point to latch on to and cause problems with.

Nope, that is my other thread. This thread is meant to find out what the committee thinks on the issue to see if there is hope of change. Yes, I do intend to promote my view. But I also want to know if my view is shared by the committee.  You may feel it is pointless to discuss it but I don't.

Now why would it be " causing problems" to seek change to a position that you feel is right?

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 06:49:52 AM »

heh there never is that vote option, anyways yeah I'm kinda sick of the cheating. sick of the communities attitude. I'm losing most my respect for [InT] cause thats the avatar i see the most on these threads that are totally useless.

you allready have the thread "make ban times consistant" why are you making another one.

i wont speak about what i do inside the committee because basically its not really for you to be worried about unless you are cheating\multiaccounting\etc... then chances are i wont tell you the truth of whats really going on even if you are being investigated.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
heh there never is that vote option, anyways yeah I'm kinda sick of the cheating. sick of the communities attitude. I'm losing most my respect for [InT] cause thats the avatar i see the most on these threads that are totally useless.

I am not running for miss America or a popularity contest so I can live with that.

you allready have the thread "make ban times consistant" why are you making another one.

I am asking this here to get the committee's feedback which was not happening there.

i wont speak about what i do inside the committee because basically its not really for you to be worried about unless you are cheating\multiaccounting\etc... then chances are i wont tell you the truth of whats really going on even if you are being investigated.

If you don't like my posts just steer clear of them. But since your decisions impact all of us you should expect some questions.  And I am not buying the line that it doesn't make any difference to me if I am not a cheater. The continued train of cheaters does make a difference to my game experience and that of each person in the community.  And your decision has the power to dissuade further cheating.

So now that more than one of you have said you don't have the option of longer ban times--are you going to ask for that option? There seems to be committee support for it.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:21:03 PM by m7feettall »

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »
does this makes you feel better m7

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 07:32:26 AM »
<3

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
does this makes you feel better m7

Good for a chuckle. But I would feel better if the committee members who feel there should be longer penalties inquired about them being a vote option.

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »
also....the ban system is not consistant....ieatnoobs got a 54 day ban i think it was for assisting another player in finding cheats....

as where as madman made the guide to use a wallhack....and he go 1024....and wouldnt you agree that making a guide is "assisting another player in finding cheats?"

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 12:12:06 PM »
well to be honest ieatn00bs was just going around irc spaming "do you want to know how to cheat, message me." just to be more annoying then actually help others find cheats. basically just gave him a slap in the back of the head to straighten up :P

were as madman was banned for actually distributing them with darkness. and both are banned for a gig of days