Author Topic: DPCon 2006 at QuakeCon  (Read 14294 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: DPCon 2006 at QuakeCon
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 08:30:11 PM »
i hope your plane crashes and you die a long drawn-out painful and furey death, but before you die a war-wolf pissed on your wounds and eats your testicals.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 10:26:25 PM »
Before or after he made mad love to you? :)

Cant wait till I can schedule this.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 11:26:05 PM »
before. on the way there. in fact, i wish the same upon you just for mentioning, hell, even thinking about merry mexican sex.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 11:46:57 PM »
OK Guys I did a little research, and there is some more info to come about Quakecon and possibly holding DPcon there.  I spoke to some people who are involved with Quakecon and such and they told me that its 100% cool if we hold DPcon there, we can have unofficial tournys for the game, put up a DP sign so players know where we are and such within the BYOC section.  They said and i quote "knock yourselves out, just dont count on us to make any accomodations for you"  This means that everyone who wants to attend must secure themselves a spot on the BYOC if DPcon is to be held there.  To let you know spots fill up fast so look at www.quakecon.org and #quakecon on ETG to try and see when the registration opens, which probubly wont be more than a few months from now.  I was also told we can post stuff about it on their forums...thats really slick, a good way to attract new players to the game and such.  So heres a recap - We ARE ALLOWED to hold DPcon there, we ARE ALLOWED to have unofficial tournys (unofficial meanin they arent QCON sponsored tournys), we CAN posto n their forums, they WILL NOT provide accomodations for us - WE ARE IN CHARGE OF ORGANIZING OUR OWN STUFF FOR DPCON IN THE BYOC AREA.

Give me feedback. is there anything else you need to know? RAWR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 01:52:45 AM »
before. on the way there. in fact, i wish the same upon you just for mentioning, hell, even thinking about happy mexican sex.
Thanks, uhh u 2 ??? :)

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 09:34:05 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:56:59 PM by IronFist »

WarWulf

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 09:36:25 AM »
lmao j0e if its in texas why would i take a plane, im close to texas i would probably just rent a car and drive their... but if ur wishing for mexican sex umm ur going to have to look somewhere else because im spanish not mexican, thnx for the offer though

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 10:43:48 AM »
as far as I know we would ahll just get registered for BYOC, they WILL NOT make a section for us...ive never been in the BYOC before so maybe someone could help me out.  I was underthe impression that once you register for a spot it means you're guarenteed a seat in the BYOC, is there like assigned seating or something? if there is that might raise an issue of we all want to play together. but yeah they stressed that will not make any accomodation for us so i hope its get there and choose your seat. anything else? anyhting. really?

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 12:07:41 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:56:53 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 01:06:49 PM »
We'll figure something out.  If not, we'll all just play Quake. ;)

you can either pack it really nice and slap a fragile stiker on it then hope for the best, or take it as carry-on if its small enough and try to convince security not to put it through the big x-ray machine which will fry your mobo beyond belief
Well, they put laptops through the xray machine, so it might be OK...  There's no way I'm checking my new machine.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »
well we dont have to just play quake, they said they dont care what you play the LAN is there for anything.  I'll look into the whole assigned seating ordeal.  The point of having it a quakecon is so everyone can experience quakecon not to rent a room near it so we can almost see it.  Then again i mean jits can just toss up a sign and be like "yo this is the DP area come on over to hang out" i mean we have vent o we cann all still communicate and chill because we'll be in the same room.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2006, 05:05:45 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:01:15 AM by Dirty_Taco »

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »
well the past 2 years its been at the gaylord hotel/restor in Texas, so i think its safe to assume it will be in Texas (where ID is loated) but it may not be at the hotel, as for the date no they dont even know yet...keep and eye on www.quakecon.org and #quakecon on ETG for the latest info and updates

DAMIEN

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2006, 02:40:10 AM »
ugg ive actually been putting money aside for this years dpcon, but seeing as how it will be held at quakecon i might not be attending. if there are three things in this world that cause the most anxiety and i dislike the most, they are people, heat, and lines(i hope u saw those pictures). so im thinking it might not happen this year.
if i do end up going, ill be driving from california. renting a car. and if there are any along the way who want to carpool lol ide be more than happy to make a detour for someone who would be will ing to pitch in on expenses(gas is the worste thing that man ever discovered could be priced so high and still sold).
i am also curious about the hotel thing... if u register for q-con do u have to stay at the gaylord hotel? cause i know that there is very few places in this meddling corner of our universe that ide be will ing to pay $200 a night to stay at. especially when i wouldnt ever be in the room and would sleep rarely. ide offer to share a room and split the bill but i think that ide be uncomfortable sleeping in a room that someone who gets pissed over a game(as many dpers are) has access to at all hours. plus i know ide get stuck with the guy who didnt want smoke around his computer or did things that would annoy me beyond belief.
maybe if that line in those pix on the site was a one time thing i could manage it... do u have to go through it each time u go in or once to register and get an i.d. tag?

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2006, 08:23:54 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:48:34 AM by P!nk »

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »
Well I have family in San Antonio.
I have already discussed driving out there this summer and having the wife drop me off at QCon and picking me up on the way back.
So I may be able to make it.
I'd definately have my new PC by then so some good Q4 would be nice!

I hope alot of people attend.
Hopefully won't be just me and Jitspoe battling it out for the prizes.

I think everyone that lives in TX, or any of the neighboring states should be shot if they don't attend.

IronFist...come on down...i'll protect you from them evil people you speak of!

DAMIEN

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 11:23:22 AM »
lol well this is encouraging pink thx

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 01:25:12 PM »
if i do end up going, ill be driving from california. renting a car. and if there are any along the way who want to carpool lol ide be more than happy to make a detour for someone who would be will ing to pitch in on expenses(gas is the worste thing that man ever discovered could be priced so high and still sold).
what part of cali do you live in. if i can get a job maybe we can carpool together. i live in San Diego i would be more then willing to drive my car and pick you up if your on the way but there is no smoking in the rental car if i rent it.

agent-hwk

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 06:27:51 PM »
hmmmm looks like ill be going

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 10:13:45 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:01:03 AM by Dirty_Taco »