Poll

Do you own a PC, a Mac, or Both?

Mac
PC
One or more of each

Author Topic: Mac or PC or Both?  (Read 3870 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Mac or PC or Both?
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »
As there have been a couple of posts regarding porting DP to a Mac, I wanted to get an idea of how many of you actually own Macs.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Mac or PC or Both?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
I'd like to own one, but I'm dirt poor right now.  :P

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
PC wins =)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:04:07 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:58:29 PM by Dirty_Taco »

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
Maybe Jits could see if there are any statistics on the browser fingerprints of the traffic hitting dplogin.com, see how many are on Mac's/Safari, or whatever. Obviously less than 100% accurate, but better than the current 12 - 0 of this poll! I tried looking at the SourceForge stats but it doesn't record (or perhaps publish?) this sort of statistic.

- Dag

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »
Can we get a Dos 6.22 port also?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 09:08:07 PM »
320x240 FTW!!!!

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 02:55:51 AM »
lol 0 for mac so far.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:27 AM »
I've got one of each :)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 12:34:53 PM »
yes!!
anyway, this poll is irrelevant. I'm sure we all know at least 2 people with macs. They obviously wont come to this forums cos they can play this game.
Can someone merge this thread with the other one on macs?

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »
i have both.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »
how are you going to be accurate to any degree with recording how many people come the forums with mac's. most of the mac folk are going to be turned away as soon as they cant find a download for their system.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »
how are you going to be accurate to any degree with recording how many people come the forums with mac's. most of the mac folk are going to be turned away as soon as they cant find a download for their system.
You might want to control for the fact that if 1.) Someone owns a Mac then 2.) they don't play DP and thus 3.) are much less likely to visit these forums.

but thanks for the clarification anyway... :D:D

w00t! 4 people own macs!

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 01:01:41 PM »
but thanks for the clarification anyway... :D:D

w00t! 4 people own macs!

Furthermore, my suggestion (provided its workable - jits?) would catch those who do come to dplogin looking for a mac distribution.

- Dag

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »
* KnacK places a poison apple on the Dr's desk......

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »
"most of the mac folk are going to be turned away as soon as they cant find a download for their system."
 - mewa

I can understand how you will count them when they hit the forums. My point is how many will make it that far? If I'm looking for software and only find it for mac's, I really have to want that software badly to go searching around the maker's site for a solution. Let alone making a post on their forums.

Do you have any way for accounting for, or at least estimating, how many are actually in this group?

All that aside, I think making a Mac version is a great idea provided it isn't too costly on "the man" (literally) hours.

ps - can someone type out for me how to quote other posts?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 03:55:27 PM »
ps - can someone type out for me how to quote other posts?

Hit the "Quote" link at the top right of the post you want to quote, or use [quote][/quote] tags.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
To completely clarify, I said look at the statistics for dplogin.com. That is the domain and the primary download location that all users will hit. Any browsers fingerprinted to be Mac's Safari or, depending on how detailed the statistics on the users are, Operating System, will tell us how many Mac users look at DPLogin at all.

This means anyone looking for a download of the game for any platform, anyone reading these forums for any information at all, anyone looking at the screenshot page to even decide if it's worth a download in the first place, ANYONE.

ANYONE.

Now please, from this point on lets assume that at least some of us understand sample bias, I'm very bored of watching you go in circles.

- Dag

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
Sorry if I'm being too repetitious for you, but I think I still have a point.

I found this game by searching/browsing Sourceforge.net. If I come across software on there that doesn't apply to my system, I go no furthur with it. I suspect there are many Mac users who do the same. All I was asking is are you taking these folk into account or are you looking for some irrelavent percentage of people whom just come to this site.

Please don't waste your invaluable time responding.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
Maybe Jits could see if there are any statistics on the browser fingerprints of the traffic hitting dplogin.com, see how many are on Mac's/Safari, or whatever. Obviously less than 100% accurate, but better than the current 12 - 0 of this poll! I tried looking at the SourceForge stats but it doesn't record (or perhaps publish?) this sort of statistic.

- Dag

perhaps you should have spent some of your invaluable time actually reading the prior posts.

- Dag