_
« on: March 15, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:53:56 PM by Dirty_Taco »

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: zpar11
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 10:45:41 PM »
apparently there's a brush near the hump that people hit when trying to do a speed jump, i don't know where it is but i think rick or ride do.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »
Hi. :)

Up on high, theres boxes where you can get stuck in.(I've told you atleast 3 times about it)

I don't really see the point of the mid-low cockers, by the time you get up there, someone is shooting at you.

This is what skitzo means i think...demo attached :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 02:48:19 AM »
So apparently there's some interest in using zpar11 for the Sunday showdown which may incentivize me to finish it. The reason I never finished it was because I was too lazy to fix the textures. This map has been pubbed on a decent amount and has been matched on quite a bit so I feel like it has been thoroughly beta tested. Outside of fixing textures, what other suggestions do people have on it? Suggestions from people that have matched on it will be taken the most seriously as that is ultimately what it is meant for.

Maybe dl link?

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:12:43 AM »

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »
I personally don´t like boxes in mid, it´s hard to get some speed there and it´s easy to shoot rushers from line. Maybe move them a bit or just play a bit with terrain.And you should add another way to flag, because what I dislike in playing it in matches was camping.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
I personally don´t like boxes in mid, it´s hard to get some speed there and it´s easy to shoot rushers from line. Maybe move them a bit or just play a bit with terrain.And you should add another way to flag, because what I dislike in playing it in matches was camping.

I like the boxes in low, provides some cover at least if you fall. If you want speed try going high.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »
ZOMG GIVE THIS MAP A DESERT THEME AND CALL IT summer2.bsp!!!

Boxes are good. Keeps it from being a linefest across mid, also requiring skill and presicion to move quickly across mid is one of the allures of the map for me.

Also, current flag values are awesome, please dont change them.

The only time camping is a problem is when you play 5v5 and all 5 stay in base. I have matched there more than anyone and I have only been beaten by a camp once. Mainly the other team was scared and planted 1 guy on hump and 2 at each flag. Ha ha. Then they called us a joke :\.

I think the best thing you could do is out a hackscan barrier around the flags so at least the cheaters can't grab. Possibly even barriers at base entrances and all tunnels, confining hackers to main.

Hyphy

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
Yeah, I heard that there's a glitch in some boxes, fix that. :)

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »
The only time camping is a problem is when you play 5v5 and all 5 stay in base. I have matched there more than anyone and I have only been beaten by a camp once. Mainly the other team was scared and planted 1 guy on hump and 2 at each flag. Ha ha. Then they called us a joke :\.
Was that when I sat on 2 and just lobbed paintballs at anybody coming in the base? That was fun.

Which brings me to my critique: You can sit on the second flag and peg people as they come in. Your paintballs lob downwards, pick up speed, go far, etc, and their paintballs cannot reach the camper as it's so darn high. It's also pretty much impossible to setup if a person is camping like this because their paintballs can lob so far.

Mid low is pretty much useless too as Henrod's team basically sits high and pegs anybody who comes in. Even if you do some sort of low speed jump flawlessly, they always manage to shoot you in the ass from their high.  It's a good tactic, but it sort of eliminates the desired "more than one path mentality".

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 01:26:29 AM »
Was that when I sat on 2 and just lobbed paintballs at anybody coming in the base? That was fun.

Which brings me to my critique: You can sit on the second flag and peg people as they come in. Your paintballs lob downwards, pick up speed, go far, etc, and their paintballs cannot reach the camper as it's so darn high. It's also pretty much impossible to setup if a person is camping like this because their paintballs can lob so far.

Mid low is pretty much useless too as Henrod's team basically sits high and pegs anybody who comes in. Even if you do some sort of low speed jump flawlessly, they always manage to shoot you in the ass from their high.  It's a good tactic, but it sort of eliminates the desired "more than one path mentality".

Way to attack my clan specifically. I didn't say anything about you or your clan and I was purposefully ambiguous to avoid bringing our differences to the forums.  I have many screenshots of playing your team on that map. I see you in 1 match there, which brings me to my next point.  I believe DT said "Suggestions from people that have matched on it will be taken the most seriously as that is ultimately what it is meant for."

I do have a couple of screenshots showing 40 point plus deficits against UR there in less the 12 minutes. Don't really know how that happens when all we do is "sit high and peg people". I believe the fact that we have 60 of 64 points on one of those screenshots from capping proves conclusively that it is a multipath map.  There are several combinations of paths available whether low or high, I truly don't understand how it "eliminates the more than one path mentality".

Back to the map.

I do like that one flag cannot be seen from the other.

I think that the top of the "hay cave" that you enter on mid and exits at the beginning of the opponent's high is a bit cumbersome to crawl out of.

Also the slope coming out of base is so severe, when you jump down from base at the beginning of a round it sends you back instead of facilitating leaving your base. I don't know if you could manage to make the slope a little more subtle without lengthening the distance to base, I'm not familiar with the actual mapping procces.

The map is campable with high numbers. However, if this were a matching map, I would expect regularly matching clans to be more aggressive than sit 5 in base.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:56:55 AM by Henrod »

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 03:10:22 AM »
and their paintballs cannot reach the camper as it's so darn high.
Uhm...they can? You can hit 2 from the hump.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 08:57:39 AM »
If I remember correctly, there isn't a path to the 2nd flag that doesn't require trick jumping.  I really don't understand why you do this on your maps, as it makes the the flag inaccessible to probably well over 90% of the players.  You may say, "It's just for matching.", but why put those limits on it?  Why not make it so the first time players and other less experienced players can at least GET the flag?  If you and other skilled players can already get it, what's the harm in letting other players get it as well?

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 09:09:45 AM »
u can do it with doublejumps

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
This map would never get pubbed on due to its size, its a match map. And if somebody can't do the 'trick' jumps to 2, they probably can't get across the map before they are capped on because of the amount of speed the map gives you. I don't see how you could add a easy path anyways... its on a platform.

The map matches really good, the only thing i get annoyed about was already mentioned by Henrod. When your on 2 or something, and jump out you hit the hump and fall back instead of flying forward.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »
we played them some times. its good but hard to get a flag when all cam at the houses.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
I'm surprised about the 2nd flag spot too. If you dont get it the speedy way, even if you can double jump (I'm fairly sure most IRC clan members can) it takes to much time to get there. DT usually worries a lot about the gameplay but this completely kills it, so thats why I'm surprised.

Thats not the only issue with this map but its probably the most important. I've matched in it twice and I wouldn't like to play it again unless it gets a major remake.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 01:22:41 PM »
This map would never get pubbed on due to its size, its a match map. And if somebody can't do the 'trick' jumps to 2, they probably can't get across the map before they are capped on because of the amount of speed the map gives you. I don't see how you could add a easy path anyways... its on a platform.
Yep.
But it is possible to build a tunnel in the wall behind 2nd as an easy way.

I'm surprised about the 2nd flag spot too. If you dont get it the speedy way, even if you can double jump (I'm fairly sure most IRC clan members can) it takes to much time to get there. DT usually worries a lot about the gameplay but this completely kills it, so thats why I'm surprised.
It takes ~ 10 seconds.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 01:48:43 PM »
Ain't that a long time?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »
what are you talking about, from flag 1 to 2 is only about a few seconds. Same as any of his other maps.