Author Topic: Desires for Build 17?  (Read 29489 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Desires for Build 17?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »
Seconded.

"Global Login mmmk"

Shreds,

At least i can see the models as the are now. Thats all need is a target. Now if I could see how my shots are flying towards a target I would be at least 40% better. Sorry to point that out its my opinion, sorry.

Shreds

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »
Improved HUD needs minor things. I wish chat and kill messages could be seperated some how. I hit console way more then should ever be needed. The game time update isnt needed either since there is a game clock in lower right. just have it glow or something when there are 10 seconds left. neon green or some color that isnt used by a team. I like how newer games have x-hair customization in the game. changing styles, colors, and sizes. When using hand 2, there needs to be a gun icon or something. it could easily fit between the helmet and the player bars. The co2 bar could use a face life with instead of disapearing bars, have it a gradual bar (like the gun jam bar below it).

most important is the hand 2 gun icon, and the chat being jumbled into the other important info.

loial- we are saying what we feel is important. no need to say sorry. I never had much trouble seeing the pballs, and i usually go by splats on the ground. So my priorities are different. Improved models would just make it feel more natural to me, which is why thats on my list.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »
Scaleable huds are nice so is the ability to change there color. Im at work sorry so short.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 07:47:47 PM »
So it's now:

1 - Sound system improvements.
2 - Improved HUD.
2 - Global login. (assuming loial changed his vote)

I'm just taking people's #1 request right now.  I can only work on one thing at a time anyway.

Shreds: Forgot to ask you earlier - is Tribes2 anything like Tribes Vengeance?  I have TV, but haven't tried Tribes2.  I'll have to see if I can grab it.  It's probably pretty cheap by now.

Shreds

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 08:27:12 PM »
So it's now:

2 - Improved HUD.
2 - Global login. (assuming loial changed his vote)

I'm just taking people's #1 request right now.  I can only work on one thing at a time anyway.

Shreds: Forgot to ask you earlier - is Tribes2 anything like Tribes Vengeance?  I have TV, but haven't tried Tribes2.  I'll have to see if I can grab it.  It's probably pretty cheap by now.

I havent tried tribes vengeance, BUT! I'm pretty sure tribes 2 is free now.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 08:29:54 PM »
Gamespy (fileplanet) had it for free for a while, but they don't anymore (ran out of keys, I think).

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:36 PM »
My mantra has been that we need one. A global login. Late me post later after I have had time to relax...:)

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 11:00:57 PM »
Tough decision between the three. Better sound/HUD would make people happier for a short time, but the global login is better as it would decrease problems, not just increase fun. +2 for the global login.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 04:39:33 AM »
I'd say that the global login is the most important thing at the moment, cause hacking gets more and more annoying, With a global login, you can't hide behind other nicks ;) .
Secondly, as mentioned by Shreds, I'd like to see the actuall weapons my enemies / teammates are using. All I see is a Carbine... (I think that belongs under your point "Optimizations").

#1: Global Login
#2: Modell Optimizations

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 05:31:16 AM »
1. Global Login !
2. Sound-effects
3. will there be player-modell changes? I think i just saw a Paintball Game (not Half - Life) in a shop here. If its still there, I could make some pics of the player-modells. (I dunno if that would help, since i dont know how clear the pic would be)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 10:42:37 AM »
I wish me a control for demos. 
So that I can play demos faster or more slowly. Stop, pause, rewind or forwards and so on.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 04:09:38 PM »
Pause is allready implemented. Just type "pause" in the console. To unpause, close the console (well, I think you unpause by closing the console)...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 01:37:26 AM »
2 - Improved HUD.
5 - Global login. (assuming loial changed his vote)
1 - Better demo controls.

Looks like global login is winning.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 05:01:59 AM »
I tested the "pause" a few minutes before. Its good for the first.

I have another wish, too.
I miss a "ü", "ä" and "ö" support for the chat / teamchat. At the time i must write ue, ae and oe, but thats not so good.

Thats all, i think ;)

MosheD

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 05:39:22 AM »
I got one more thing:

Maybe something like a "bounce"thing
If u done a very high/long  jump u bounce up, so u can go over crates/barrels

Here just one example (i know you can to that jump without the bounce thingy too, but with it is more easier ;)
)
http://delt4.de.funpic.de/bounce.dm2

Well it seemed like i typed very slow ;) watch it until the end

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 11:33:39 AM »
I think my list would look like this:
1) Global Login
2) Improved HUD
3) Sounds - however you can make your own sounds so it shouldnt be that big of a deal. But the footstep sounds should be improved tho.
UPDATE
I seem to recall a while back that you were considering a "match mode", I was curious if you were still going to try and implement this? I think it would be really nice. I did not see Shreds earlier post about this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »
Looks like global login is leading pretty heavily, so I guess I'll work on that first.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »
there could be some more options for the "eleminated",like shot down, silenced or something like that,
maybe that would be funny!And the Pong mode could work better... If I start a server with pong mode, any1 who connects gets kicked immediately (Idk how to spell this right:D)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
That's what the spell check button is for (but actually, you got it right).  Are the players who get kicked using build 16?

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 02:49:23 PM »
i'm suprised no one has suggested a "Match mode"

Action Q2 had a great match mode where each team had 1 captain that could only talk in mm1...each clan had to type /ready in the console for the match to start....if someone got logged out, the match paused after the current round ended until each time had the required # of people.