Author Topic: xMAPCOM Summer 09 - Deadline is here.  (Read 58567 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: xMAPCOM Officially Presents: Summer 2009 Test Season
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
Don't make a forum for this. Viciouz is absolutely right, this thing will die before anyone even submits a map. I gauruntee the forums are probably hosted under invisionfree or something, so they're going to look like junk to begin with. Not to mention no one wants to register on a completely different forum for something that could easily be done here.

When a map is submitted, the one submitting it should have something like; "[xMAPCOM] New Map - blahblahblah" And then people will know its for the contest. On top of which, a link to the topic be posted in this thread.

Don't make an entirely new forum. Just don't.

Me, being on this committee, totally agree
I dont see the point of totally moving this whole thing - please music, just keep it here - its so much easier

if you really want - create a NEW topic for people to submit maps

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
an external forum is not really needed for things like Map Submissions, sign ups, etc. all that can still be done here in the mapping forums. but it would still be nice to have a place for the members to discuss things in private if need be. Depends on how everything is setup.

either way i think the physical map beta threads & Comp threads should remain on the DP mapping forums with some type of tag as rewind suggested. If the comps are geared towards DP Mapping and community input is needed to improve the maps submitted it would only make sense.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
Well, the website, as I said, was made, but I cannot release the info. We plan to post all of the finished maps on the website, and use a forum for the development parts of the committee so it will kind of make sense to make one...

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
Its different though for teams like me and Rick.  Its currently winter over here and we don't have holidays currently.  Our breaks are completely different to your, as we get most of december, january and parts of feb off.  Oh and when we have exams its different to yours, ours are in November :).

If you made the seasons 3 months like skies I think said above, it would mean that anything that got in the way, eg exams would only be there for a month and a half at most and still have time after it to complete a map.

Looks like we WILL be altering the schedule to:
Fall : September to November
Winter: December to February
Spring: March to May
Summer: June to August

Me, being on this committee, totally agree
I dont see the point of totally moving this whole thing - please music, just keep it here - its so much easier

if you really want - create a NEW topic for people to submit maps

As I have stated COUNTLESS times, I am NOT trying to replace these forums with the xMAPCOM forums. For lack of a better word, the xMAPCOM site will mainly act as a "Data Center". Please, read all the posts in the thread before you reply.

musickid has told me repeatedly, after i expressed the same idea to him, that he's not trying to replace using the dplogin.com forums. all the main info would remain here while the other forum acts as a supplement, as well as a place for whomevers helping organize to discuss. i got the impression that contest registration might take place on that site, which makes sense considering how chaotic and prone to errors having everyone post a 4line post in a thread for registration can be. this is how ggc ran their last tournament (fall/winter?) and it seemed to work well.

these arent his words verbatim, so please dont come female dog at me if i misunderstood something.

That was EXACTLY what I meant. Thanks, Mewa, for trying to clear things up.

In case you guys haven't noticed, there are 5 threads all started around the same time period, all 5 of them talking about a similar thing, "A Mapping Committee". This will be the last time I say this.

The xMAPCOM Forums will merely be a place to store information for those who want it. It is also an Information Center where previous maps and contest results will be stored for future reference. Committee discussions will be held there, as well. ALL official competition information and announcements WILL be posted HERE on DPLOGIN.COM. Please, do not post any more replies about "not wanting external forums".

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »
if this thing actually gets going good you could probably get a child-board for xMapCom added to the mapping section

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »
Lol, hopefully.

We still need volunteers and candidates for contest judging. If you want to judge or have someone in mind that will make a good, unbiased judge, feel free to give any xMAPCOM member a shout, although we don't guarantee the position.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2009, 12:53:24 PM »
If this is actually going to happen I wouldn't mind being a judge.  Let me know if you want me to.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
If this is actually going to happen I wouldn't mind being a judge.  Let me know if you want me to.
Superman, you do seem like the type who would be a good non-mapper judge. Maybe a gameplay judge because you are a really good player/jumper/everything else that has to do with gameplay. I hope all of the other xMAPCOM Committee Members agree.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »
naw, he suks. he can barely hop on a crate without his triple jump scripts. you want some noob whos gonna get lost inside the map judging it? might as well move the forums while youre at it too.

i
dont
think
so

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
I don't know whether or not he uses a dj/tj script or not but you can definitely not deny that Superman is a great player. Plus, he's a committee member, which gives him all the more reason to be a judge. And yes I know you are going to say something like "Oh, that means that Cameron, and AsThor and other Committee Members should be judges. Well no, I don't mean that.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2009, 04:27:52 PM »
I don't know whether or not he uses a dj/tj script or not but you can definitely not deny that Superman is a great player. Plus, he's a committee member, which gives him all the more reason to be a judge. And yes I know you are going to say something like "Oh, that means that Cameron, and AsThor and other Committee Members should be judges. Well no, I don't mean that.

Cameron and Asthor should be judges, Cameron maps ........

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »
I was meaning that Mewa would think that every single Committee Member would be a judge, and I was just giving examples.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »
Not this round I won't be as I am making a map with Rick, but after it I wouldn't mind being a Judge.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2009, 04:59:40 PM »
Not this round I won't be as I am making a map with Rick, but after it I wouldn't mind being a Judge.

BUT YOU SUCK?|?| :):)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2009, 05:50:07 PM »
BUT YOU SUCK?|?| :):)
;D.  I still have only made a box, but I'm working on it more now :).

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
Hey, it's a start :D

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2009, 07:34:34 PM »
Hey, it's a start :D
I found a texture, then remembered I have a maths assignment due on monday, so I added one texture to the box :).

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
I found a texture, then remembered I have a maths assignment due on monday, so I added one texture to the box :).
OMG!!!! YOU ARE ALMOST DONE!!!

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2009, 04:20:24 AM »
OMG!!!! YOU ARE ALMOST DONE!!!
Mhm :).  I'll finish the box and call it undergroundspawninabox ;D.  Man, for the idea that we have, its gonna take a while.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2009, 10:05:18 AM »
NO. YOU NEED A ROCK IN IT, SO YOU NEED TO CALL IT undergroundspawninaboxwitharockinit.bsp XD